Pathfinder in the Mists

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Pathfinder in the Mists

Post by Nemesio »

Nice job with Strahd guys, but I agree that there should be a cap of 8th-level with his spells. I think I prefer him as a 10th-level eldritch knight though. I gave him Improved Critical (bastard sword) to go along with his spell critical ability. Life sight/blindsight out to 10 feet for 8 rounds/day is pretty cool, but so is the ability to cast a spell as a swift action each time you score a critical hit!

So anyway, here is my attempt at making him a little nastier in melee while still limiting his CL to 16th:

DARKLORD OF BAROVIA

COUNT STRAHD VON ZAROVICH, CR 24 (XP 1,230,000)
Male middle aged human ancient vampire fighter (tactician) 3/wizard (necromancer) 7/eldritch knight 10
CE Medium undead (augmented humanoid)
Init +12; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +30

DEFENSE
AC 39, touch 21, flat-footed 32 (+7 Dex, +12 natural, +6 armor, +4 deflection)
hp 339 (13d10+7d6+167); fast healing 6
Fort +18, Ref +19, Will +18
Defensive Abilities channel resistance +11, tactical awareness +1; DR 15/silver and magic; Immune undead traits; Resist cold 10, electricity 10, fire 20; SR 21
Weaknesses vampire weaknesses

OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee +4 longsword with Arcane Strike, Furious Focus and Power Attack +30/+20/+15/+10 (1d8+26/17-20) or slam with Arcane Strike, Furious Focus and Power Attack +30 (1d4+36 plus energy drain)
Ranged +2 composite longbow +25/+20/+15/+10 (1d8+6/x3)
Special Attacks blood drain, channel negative energy 11/day (DC 25), closing the borders, create spawn, dominate (DC 27), energy drain (2 levels, DC 27), improved children of the night (summon worgs, summon undead), spell critical
Arcane School Spell-Like Abilities (CL 7th; concentration +15 [+19 defensive])
11/day—grave touch (3 rounds)
Necromancer Spells Prepared (CL 16th; concentration +24 [+28 defensive])
8th—horrid wilting (DC 27), maze, orb of the void (DC 27), quickened dimension door
7th—caustic eruption (DC 25), delayed blast fireball (DC 25), finger of death (DC 26), forcecage (DC 25), spell turning
6th—circle of death (DC 25), control weather, major curse (DC 25), maximized fireball (DC 24), unwilling shield (DC 25)
5th—cloudkill (DC 23), echolocation, magic jar (DC 24), passwall, teleport, wall of force
4th—animate dead, detect scrying, dimensional anchor, fear (DC 23), lesser globe of invulnerability, mimic mortal, solid fog
3rd—baneful attractor (DC 21), clairaudience/clairvoyance, dispel magic, excruciating deformation (DC 21), lightning bolt (DC 21), tongues, vampiric touch (DC 22)
2nd—arrow eruption, command undead (DC 21), detect thoughts (DC 20), scorching ray (2), unshakable chill (DC 21), warding weapon
1st—corrosive touch (DC 19), interrogation (DC 20), magic missile (2), mirror strike, peacebond (DC 19), ray of enfeeblement (DC 20)
0—arcane mark, detect magic, mage hand, read magic
Opposition Schools enchantment, illusion
Permanent Spells (CL 16th)
Constant—protective penumbra, see invisibility

STATISTICS
Str 28, Dex 24, Con —, Int 27, Wis 21, Cha 24
Base Atk +16; CMB +25; CMD 42
Feats AlertnessB, Arcane Strike, Combat Casting, Extend Spell, Combat ReflexesB, Command UndeadB, Craft Construct, Craft Magic Arms and ArmorB, Craft Rod, Craft Wondrous Item, DodgeB, Forge Ring, Furious Focus, Improved Critical (longsword), Improved InitiativeB, Lightning ReflexesB, Maximize Spell, Power Attack (-5/+10 or +15), Quicken Spell, Scribe ScrollB, Spell Focus (necromancy)B, ToughnessB, Weapon Focus (longsword)B, Weapon Specialization (longsword)B
Skills Acrobatics +7 [+15 jumping], Appraise +14, Bluff +15, Climb +9, Craft (alchemy) +16 [+31 with vest], Diplomacy +20, Fly +20, Handle Animal +12, Intimidate +20, Knowledge (arcana) +27 [+31 with vest], Knowledge (engineering) +12, Knowledge (geography) +14, Knowledge (history) +16, Knowledge (local) +16, Knowledge (nature) +12, Knowledge (nobility) +16, Knowledge (planes) +21, Knowledge (religion) +16, Linguistics +14, Perception +30, Perform (dance) +10, Perform (keyboard) +10, Perform (oratory) +20, Ride +15, Sense Motive +30, Spellcraft +27 [+31 with vest], Stealth +30, Survival +11; Racial Modifiers +8 Bluff, +8 Perception, +8 Sense Motive, +8 Stealth
Languages Balok, Darkonese, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Infernal, Luktar, Mordentish, Patterna, Vaasi
SQ arcane bond (bloodstone medallion; 1/day—cast any spell in spellbook), armor training 1, change shape (dire bat or wolf, beast shape II), detect disruption, diverse training, favored class (wizard; 7 hit points), gaseous form, master of the realm, mastery +7, reduced vulnerabilities (unaffected by garlic, mirrors and holy symbols), shadowless, sinkhole of evil, spider climb

Gear (spent approx. 879,000 of 880,000 gp) bloodstone medallion (amulet of mighty fists +5/mind shielding/natural armor +5/proof against detection and location/spell cunning/spell resistance [21]), +4 longsword/quicken metamagic rod, belt of physical might +4, bracelets of armor +6, +2 composite longbow (Str 18) and 20 arrows, cape of resistance +4, crystal ball (with true seeing), maximize metamagic rod, ring of major fire resistance, ring of protection +4, rod of absorption, vest of mental superiority +6

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Blood Drain (Su) Strahd can suck blood from a grappled opponent; if he establishes or maintains a pin, he drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution damage. Strahd heals 5 hit points or gains 5 temporary hit points for 1 hour (up to a maximum number of 207 temporary hit points) each round he drains blood.

Children of the Night (Su) Once per day, Strahd can call forth 1d6+1 rat swarms, 1d4+1 bat swarms, or 2d6 wolves or worgs as a standard action. He may also summon 2d10 of his Strahd skeletons or 1d10 his Strahd zombies. These creatures arrive in 2d6 rounds and serve Strahd for up to 1 hour.

Closing the Borders (Su) When Strahd wishes to close his domain, a thick fog rises from the ground to surround Barovia. This fog has the same properties as the choking vapors that shroud the Village of Barovia. The ring of fog that surrounds the Village of Barovia and Castle Ravenloft is a lethal poison, one that infuses itself around a creature’s organs and lays dormant until an unfortunate soul attempts to escape the village. Any living creature that steps beyond the fog’s outer edge immediately suffers from frothing fits, suffering 1d4 points of temporary Constitution damage per hour until it dies (no saving throw). Lost Constitution returns only when the creature returns to within the ring. A Vistani with Knowledge (alchemy) skill can make an elixir (DC 25) that renders a creature immune to the fog’s effects for 10 minutes, long enough to pass through. The Vistani never allow giorgio to learn the elixir’s formula, and they deny their services to any travelers without hesitation if Strahd instructs them to do so. Strahd can dissipate the fog if he wishes, but he never does.

Create Spawn (Su) Strahd can create spawn out of those he slays with blood drain or energy drain, provided that the slain creature is of the humanoid type. The victim rises from death as a vampire in 1d4 days. This vampire is under the command of Strahd, and remains enslaved until his destruction. Strahd may have enslaved spawn totaling no more than 40 HD; any spawn he creates that would exceed this limit become free-willed undead. Strahd may free an enslaved spawn in order to enslave a new spawn, but once freed, a vampire or vampire spawn cannot be enslaved again.

Dominate (Su) Strahd can crush a humanoid opponent’s will as a standard action. Anyone Strahd targets must succeed on a Will save DC 27 or fall instantly under his influence, as though by a dominate person spell (caster level 12th). The ability has a range of 30 feet.

Gaseous Form (Su) As a standard action, Strahd can assume gaseous form at will (caster level 5th), but he can remain gaseous indefinitely and has a fly speed of 20 feet with perfect maneuverability. If reduced to 0 hit points in combat, Strahd assumes gaseous form and attempts to escape. He must reach his coffin home within 2 hours or be utterly destroyed. (Strahd can normally travel up to 9 miles in 2 hours.) Additional damage dealt to Strahd after he is forced into gaseous form has no effect. Once at rest, Strahd is helpless. He regains 1 hit point after 1 hour, then is no longer helpless and resumes healing at the rate of 6 hit points per round.

Grave Touch (Sp) As a standard action, Strahd can make a melee touch attack that causes a living creature to become shaken for 3 rounds. If Strahd touches a shaken creature with this ability, it becomes frightened for 1 round if it has fewer than 16 Hit Dice. Strahd can use this ability 11/day.

Master of the Realm (Su) Strahd may open or close the two main gates on the Old Svalich Road as a free action from anywhere in his domain. He has similar power over the gates and doors of Castle Ravenloft, where he also senses the entry of any creature with an Intelligence of at least 3. From anywhere in his domain and without concentrating, Strahd may control his horse-drawn carriage as if he were driving it. He can sense the presence of any creature with an Intelligence of at least 3 that comes within 30 feet of the carriage and can also sense when such a creature enters the carriage.

Shadowless (Ex) Strahd casts no shadows and shows no reflection in a mirror.

Spell Critical (Su) Whenever Strahd successfully confirms a critical hit, he can cast a spell as a swift action. The spell must include the target of the attack as one of its targets or in its area of effect. Casting this spell does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Strahd must still meet all of the spell's components and must roll for arcane spell failure if necessary.

Spider Climb (Ex) Strahd can climb sheer surfaces as though under the effects of a spider climb spell.

Vampire Weaknesses (Ex) Strahd can survive exposure to direct sunlight but every time he begins his turn in an area of direct sunlight he is nauseated, takes 10 points of damage, and loses his fast healing ability for that round. Strahd has also lost the following vampire weaknesses: garlic, holy symbols, mirrors and invitation. Running water still affects him. Each round of immersion in running water inflicts damage on Strahd equal to one third of his maximum hit points—If Strahd is reduced to 0 hit points in this manner he is destroyed. Strahd may also be instantly slain by driving a wooden stake through his heart while he is helpless (this is a full-round action). However, he returns to life if the stake is removed, unless his head is also severed and anointed with holy water.

STRAHD’S SPELLBOOKS
8th (72 of 100 pages)—clenched fist, clone, create greater undead, horrid wilting, irresistible dance, maze, moment of prescience, orb of the void, polymorph any object

7th (98 of 100 pages)—caustic eruption, control undead, delayed blast fireball, expend, finger of death, forcecage, grasping hand, greater arcane sight, greater scrying, greater teleport, limited wish, project image, spell turning, wave of exhaustion

6th (96 of 100 pages)—acid fog, analyze dweomer, antimagic field, circle of death, contingency, control weather, create undead, forceful hand, guards and wards, greater dispel magic, major curse, mass suggestion, planar binding, programmed illusion, true seeing, unwilling shield

5th (90 of 100 pages)—cloudkill, cold ice strike, echolocation, feeblemind, hold monster, hungry pit, magic jar, mind fog, passwall, permanency, persistent image, polymorph, sending, stone shape, telekinesis, teleport, wall of force, wall of stone, waves of fatigue

4th (88 of 100 pages)—animate dead, arcane eye, black tentacles, cone of cold, confusion, contagion, control summoned creature, detect scrying, dimension door, dimensional anchor, enervation, fear, ice storm, illusory wall, induce lycanthropy, lesser globe of invulnerability, mimic mortal, shadow step, shocking image, solid fog, true form, wall of ice

3rd (72 of 100 pages)—ablative barrier, baneful attractor, blood biography, clairaudience/clairvoyance, dispel magic, excruciating deformation, explosive runes, fireball, gust of wind, halt undead, haste, hold person, hostile levitation, lightning bolt, locate weakness, nondetection, pain strike, ray of exhaustion, seek thoughts, sleet storm, slow, stinking cloud, tongues, vampiric touch

2nd (60 of 100 pages)—alter self, arcane lock, arrow eruption, augment undead, blindness/deafness, blood transcription, boiling blood, command undead, darkness, detect thoughts, fog cloud, fox’s cunning, ghoul touch, glitterdust, hideous laughter, invisibility, knock, locate object, make whole, mirror image, protective penumbra, qualm, scorching ray, see invisibility, spectral hand, stinking cloud, tactical acumen, unshakable chill, warding weapon, web

1st—alarm, break, burning hands, cause fear, charm person, chill touch, comprehend languages, corrosive touch, decompose corpse, expeditious retreat, grease, hold portal, identify, interrogation, mage armor, magic missile, mirror strike, obscuring mist, peacebond, protection from good, ray of enfeeblement, ray of sickening, restore corpse, shocking grasp, sleep, true strike, unseen servant

0 (22 of 100 pages)—acid splash, arcane mark, bleed, dancing lights, daze, detect magic, detect poison, disrupt undead, flare, ghost sound, haunted fey aspect, light, mage hand, mending, message, open/close, prestidigitation, ray of frost, read magic, resistance, spark, touch of fatigue
Last edited by Nemesio on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

Nicely done, although I think in the novels Strahd uses a longsword rather than a bastard sword. Of course, in the later novels, he mostly uses his magic, his slam or avoids combat all together :)

Should yours be CR 24 instead of CR 25?

I think I'm going to stick with lifesense. I like the idea of Strahd appearing, cloaked in a fog cloud and utterly unhampered by it, dominating people through the mists, hostile levitation on the fighter, picking people off one by one in near silence...

I think really it comes down to whether you see Strahd as wading in to battle with his sword (in which case, spell critical is a good buy) or not (in which case, it's not). That's all there is to it.

Anyway, for comparison: the IrvyneWolfe/Ryan Strahd:

CR 24 XP 1,230,000
Male middle aged Human Ancient Vampire Fighter 3/Wizard (Necromancer) 8/Eldritch Knight 9
LE Medium Undead (augmented humanoid, human)
Init: +12 (Dex, feat, class) Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, life sight 10 ft (8 rds/day), Perception +30
Defense
AC 39 Touch 23 Flat 31 (+4 mage armour, +1 dodge, +7 Dex, +12 natural, +5 deflection)
Hp 258 (10 + 11d10 + 8d6 +160 +20), fast healing 6, DR 15/magic and silver
Fort +21 Ref +19 Will +23 (reroll 1/day)
SR 20
Channel resistance +13
DR 15/magic and silver
Immune: undead traits
Resist cold 10, electricity 10
Weaknesses: vampire weaknesses
Offense
Spd 50’, climb 20’
Melee Slam +31 (1d4+20 [+4 arcane strike (swift action)] plus energy drain 2, DC 27)
Slam +26 (1d4+35 [+4 arcane strike (swift action)] plus energy drain 2, DC 27) with Power Attack
Longsword +4 +31/+26/+21/+16 (1d8+14 [+4 arcane strike]; crit 19+)
Longsword +4 +31/+26/+21/+16 (1d8+14 [+4 arcane strike]; crit 19+) and slam +26 (1d4+10 [+4 arcane strike (swift action)] plus energy drain 2, DC 27)
Longsword +4 +26/+21/+16/+11 (1d8+24 [+4 arcane strike]; crit 19+) and slam +21 (1d4+15 [+4 arcane strike (swift action)] plus energy drain 2, DC 27) with Power Attack
Touch +26
Missile Ray +23
Space/Reach: 5’/5’
S 26 (30) D 20 (24) C — I 20 (26) W 18 (24) Ch 18 (24)
BAB +16 CMB +26 CMD 49 (41)

Feats
Alertness, Arcane Strike, Bouncing Spell, Burning Spell, Cleave, Combat Casting, Combat Reflexes, Command Undead, Craft Rod, Craft Wondrous Item, Dodge, Extend Spell, Forge Ring, Improved Initiative, Improved Iron Will, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus (Necromancy), Still Spell, Toughness, Undead Master, Weapon Focus (longsword)
Skills
Bluff +25 (10), Climb +23 (2), Craft (alchemy) +21 (10), Diplomacy +20 (10), Fly +15 (5), Intimidate +22 (12), Knowledge (arcana) +31 (10; 20 from headband), Knowledge (dungeoneering) +12 (1), Knowledge (engineering) +12 (1), Knowledge (history) +24 (13), Knowledge (local) +24 (13), Knowledge (nature) +14 (3), Knowledge (nobility) +24 (13), Knowledge (planes) +26 (15), Knowledge (religion) +31 (10; 20 from headband), Linguistics +12 (1), Perception +30 (11), Perform (dance, keyboards) +9 (2), Sense Motive +30 (13), Spellcraft +31 (10; 20 from headband), Stealth +30 (10).

There's more Strahds than versions of Adam in this thread now.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Ryan Naylor wrote:I think I'm going to stick with lifesense. I like the idea of Strahd appearing, cloaked in a fog cloud and utterly unhampered by it, dominating people through the mists, hostile levitation on the fighter, picking people off one by one in near silence...
Yah that does sound cool!!! :)

So I edited my set of Strahd stats above. His CR is now 24.

He also uses a longsword, has Forge Ring instead of Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword), and has a few permanent spells included in his stats.

I used the Downtime Rules as an excuse to say he retrained his hit points over the centuries so that they are now the maximum possible.

Also, I checked out your Strahd's equipment list again (wicked cool stuff btw...) and stole a few more ideas. ;)

Finally, I gave him the echolocation spell in his prepared spell list and spellbooks. That spell grants blindsight 40ft. for 10 minutes per CL (160 minutes for Strahd!).
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

It's a pretty simple message I think..... don't mess with Strahd. xD
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
IrvyneWolfe
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by IrvyneWolfe »

I don't know. I'm liking the Fighter 3/Necromancer 8/ Eldritch Knight 9 Strahd a whole lot!

Strahd needed some shake up. Previous iterations of the character throughout many editions felt compromised to make him work with the limits of the stats.
"...Well that just happened." - Nora, upon failing her first powers check.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

IrvyneWolfe wrote:I don't know. I'm liking the Fighter 3/Necromancer 8/ Eldritch Knight 9 Strahd a whole lot!

Strahd needed some shake up. Previous iterations of the character throughout many editions felt compromised to make him work with the limits of the stats.
Yah. I'm actually with ya. I just like to play Devil Strahd's Advocate. ;)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Nemesio wrote:
IrvyneWolfe wrote:I don't know. I'm liking the Fighter 3/Necromancer 8/ Eldritch Knight 9 Strahd a whole lot!

Yah. I'm actually with ya. I just like to play Devil Strahd's Advocate. ;)
XD

Is that kinda like playing Azalin's Advocate....

Meaning your liable to end up dead or worse.... xD

Maelona
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Maelona »

Ryan Naylor wrote:
Zilfer wrote:I've also mentioned in the past the Dirgist from Van Richten's Arsenal that I'd like help converting to Pathfinder since after reading the different songs and comparing to the Bard Dirgist Archetype and the Court Bard you mentioned for debuffing I really couldn't match too much of the dirgist's songs to that.

Would you build it as a Archetype or a Prestige Class? My Girlfriend really wants to play her dirgist again is what it is but I've little to no experience converting material and I've a hard time considering what is overpowered or level appropriate. :D
For Zilfer's girlfriend then:

Unfortunately, the Dirgist prestige class doesn't really work in Pathfinder, because it's tied to a performance mechanic that no longer works in Pathfinder. All the abilities are ranks based (as in 3e), not level (which is a bit of a pity, because tying the performance to Perform and Intimidate is a nice idea). So, if you wanted to use the class as is, you'd have to change the hit dice (to d8) or the BAB to half progression, change the save bonuses, and tie the music abilities to levels.

Personally, since it is nothing more than a type of bard, I'd make it an archetype.

What do you get?

A debuff performance (shaken, essentially)
Hide from undead
An attack bonus for allies based on how many foes are slain
Sonic damage

A slightly different bardic lore ability (which relies on a mechanic which doesn't exist explicitly in my Pathfinder rules, being relegated more to a matter of GM discretion)

Existing archetype abilities:
The debuff has an equivalent in the Court Bard archetype.
The dirge bard archetype has a number of abilities which overlap even if they don't reproduce it exactly, and is a good place to begin.
Of the standard bard abilities, you'd probably want to conserve dirge of doom.

Of the dirgist abilities, sonic damage is pretty much the only thing the sound striker has going for it, so I'm hesitant to take it. If you compare sound striker to dirgist, you can see that the dirgist ability is grossly underpowered for its level too.

The problem with the dirgist mechanics so far as I'm concerned is that they're contingent on killing or being killed: you can't use requiem unless a friend dies. So it's not a lot of fun actually having that ability, because you can't often use it. As a general design guide, you want to give abilities that are fun and thematic, but that can be used at your discretion, and not at the GM's (favoured enemy is a noted exception to this guideline, and has provoked debate because of it) or at the dice's (requiem, crescendo of blood here).

So, I give you the Mistsinger: an I-can't-believe-it's-not-a-dirgist archetype. It's a bit different to the dirgist, because I didn't want to invade the territory the dirge bard is already occupying.

Mistsinger (Archetype): A mistsinger is a bard whose music carries the taint of death and delirium. Driven to the edge of insanity by sorrow and despair, a mistsinger imbues his wild music with the touch of the Mists themselves.

Song of Sorrow (Su): A mistsinger can use performance to evoke sorrow and lament in his enemies who hear it, causing them a -1 penalty on attack and damage rolls (min 1) and a -1 penalty on skill checks and ability checks. A successful Will save negates the penalty. This penalty increases by -1 at 5th level and every six levels thereafter. Song of sorrow is a mind-affecting ability with audible components. This performance replaces inspire courage.

Song of Bolstering (Su): At 3rd level, a mistsinger can bolster undead creatures against turning. All undead within 30 feet of the mistsinger gain a +1 bonus on their turn resistance. This bonus increases by +1 at 7th level and every 4 levels thereafter. The bolstering lasts for as long as the mistsinger performs. An undead mistsinger can bolster himself in this manner. The starting attitude of bolstered undead towards the mistsinger improves by 1 step (or 2 at level 11, and 3 at level 18) unless the undead succeeds on a Will save. This is a language dependent ability with audible components. This replaces inspire competence.

Song of Grief (Su): At 9th level, a mistsinger can use song or poetics to inspire maddening grief in a living creature. The creature must be within 60 feet of the mistsinger and able to hear him. Unless the target succeeds on a Will save, she becomes confused for as long as the mistsinger performs. Song of grief is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability. This replaces inspire greatness.

Song of Horror (Su): At 12th level, a mistsinger can strike a horrifying chord in the hearts of his enemies. Any enemy within 30 feet who can hear the mistsinger must succeed on a Will save or deal 1d8 + Str modifier damage to themselves as a standard action. Affected creatures may make a new Will save every round to resist the effect. A creature that is affected by a mistsinger’s song of horror or a creature that successfully saves against this effect cannot be affected by the same mistsinger’s song of horror for 24 hours. This is a mind affecting, language dependent, fear effect with audible components. This replaces soothing performance.

Song of Awakening (Su): At 15th level, a mistsinger can use his performance to cause dead bodies to rise up and move or fight on his command. This ability functions like animate dead, but only one undead is awoken each round that the performance continues and skeleton warriors and zombie lords are created instead of normal skeletons and zombies. They are animated only as long as the mistsinger continues the performance; if he stops, they collapse into carrion. Bodies cannot be awoken more than once using this ability. Unlike animate dead, this ability requires no components. Using this ability is cause for a Powers check. This ability replaces inspire heroics.

Song of sorrow is obviously lament for the fallen by another name, and identical to the court bard ability.

Song of bolstering riffs off the idea of graveyard sonata, but (a) is useful for villains and (b) I think introduces some interesting roleplaying situations: you can try to make them friendly, but if you fail, they'll be harder to defeat - what do you do?

Song of grief is there because inspire greatness was completely inappropriate and I needed something level appropriate. I don't think it hurts having something combat-useful there either.

Song of horror is another tangent on requiem, based on the terrible remorse spell.

Song of awakening is based on the dirge bard ability, but slightly different to account for the higher level.

What do you think? Will she approve?
(This is Zilfer's girlfriend) I guess he didn't see this, because I asked him what you said and he said you didn't reply. Anyways reading it I can say I like what you have. I was going to try and make my own archetype but you saved me the trouble.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Definitely twisted! I like, I think that must have been modified after the first time I read that post because I do not remember reading any of that as I told my Girlfriend when she said "I lied." xD

Anyways, definitely makes you lift our eyebrow when a musician bard pulls out a string and starts playing to the undead or making dead rise to fight for her.... damn sounds like such a good evil villain ability....

Also tangent.... Lindsey Stirling and... Moon Trance anyone?

Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

No, it was definitely there from the beginning. I did wonder why you never made comment on it.

You ask; I provide (even if you then don't notice - better late than never) :)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Ryan Naylor wrote:No, it was definitely there from the beginning. I did wonder why you never made comment on it.

You ask; I provide (even if you then don't notice - better late than never) :)
haha! Thanks again. I'm sure she'll be putting it to use somewhere.... :P

Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Posting here as well, i forget if Lamplighters were discussed her or not. Curious because I will hopefully be making some NPC Lamplighters for my 1 on 1 campaign and a template/archetype/prestige class would be awesome. :)

Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

The answer is no in this thread too :)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Lol thanks for responding in both places! xD

Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Not sure if it was covered previously but Black Blade Magus' might have "Black Mithril" blades of the Shadow Fey? I was just reading through the shadow fey today and noticed it might fit.