Post by steveflam »

Sent a lil pm ewan. We'll meet back up at the Inn if everyone can keep up :P
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Nightingale - OOC

Post by ewancummins »

No probs.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros spoke Mordentish, forgot to tell you that. It's the only language he speaks...

As I have already told to Zilfer Boiros isn't that open minded about the other religions, after all he is only 21 and has never met clerics from other religions yet. It is all RP what he thinks and says, I don't hate Zilfer lol.

Oh and yeah I know that at 1st level you aren't actually a Champion of the Maiden but I bet many of you will understand why I said it...after all the adventures we passed for Ezra in Raf's other campaign!
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Boiros spoke Mordentish, forgot to tell you that. It's the only language he speaks...

As I have already told to Zilfer Boiros isn't that open minded about the other religions, after all he is only 21 and has never met clerics from other religions yet. It is all RP what he thinks and says, I don't hate Zilfer lol.

Oh and yeah I know that at 1st level you aren't actually a Champion of the Maiden but I bet many of you will understand why I said it...after all the adventures we passed for Ezra in Raf's other campaign!

Nice!

:)

My dude speaks Mordentish as well as Darkonese, Van. That may prove useful.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Haha!

To let you know I only wrote down Common and Darkonese.... i'm not sure "common" is a language but he'd be speaking darkonese right now. Meaning the clerics might not be able to understand eachother? XD
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Zilfer wrote:Haha!

To let you know I only wrote down Common and Darkonese.... i'm not sure "common" is a language but he'd be speaking darkonese right now. Meaning the clerics might not be able to understand eachother? XD

That's up to Raf.

In my Ravenloft games, there really isn't a 'Common Tongue.' Just national/regional languages.

Mordentish and Balok cover a lot of ground.

Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Yeah, my bonus languages were going to be native land first, then foreign lands of mordentish/balok next... and then i'd have to look up any other languages.

Edit: So I think we've introduced everyone o.O'
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Well Mordentish is a very common language at the Core but I don't know if it can be considered as common...guess this is up to Raf. Guess Ewan has to translate for me.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Well Mordentish is a very common language at the Core but I don't know if it can be considered as common...guess this is up to Raf. Guess Ewan has to translate for me.

Sounds fun.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

To be clear-- my PC is HUMAN.

I decided against playing a gnome.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros is from Dementlieu so what he says is what his sect believes, he knows about the other sects and their beliefs but obviously he believes what he has been told is the truth.
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Boiros is from Dementlieu so what he says is what his sect believes, he knows about the other sects and their beliefs but obviously he believes what he has been told is the truth.
Makes sense.

My PC doesn't know too much about all that.

---------------

Raf, what is Darkonian religion like in your game?

I'm assuming 'fantasy polytheism + ancestor worship/propitiation of the dead.' Do you use Wee Jas, Nerull, Hextor, or Erythnul?
Any elements from pagan Rome?

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Xavril speaks Mordentish and obviously Gnome from what you could guess. If he speaks any other lanuguages, noone knows except maybe Varian :P
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Great Tarlyn! Now I have 2 I can speak with!!! :D
- W H A T ! ? !
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Okay, I see it is required that I play a more authoritarian role. My pleasure. :twisted:

So, tyrant's first rule: Don't be a short form of Richard about rules, and your interpretation of the setting.

So, you made it to the Mistlands as a rookie from outside of Darkon, and without speaking Darkonese? Great. Tell me how.

Then, I'll decide on the probability of your story to occur like you said, and then we roll it out.
If you fail the roll, you character was killed on the way, and you need to do a new one.

(Leaving the smilie away after this statement was surely creepy.)

Our Darkon is very much like the ones detailed in Gaz II, with a few liberties, probably.

Which means, it's set after the Grand Conjunction, and hilliarously deadly.

Extensive knowledge of the setting is NOT needed, however.

Tyrant's second rule: Religion in Darkon. As per Gaz II. The Eternal Order is the biggest religious order,
while worship of other deities is tolerated to a point, the only exception being vampire cults (go figure), and wiccans.

Essentially, understand Darkon as a medieval totalitarian state:
ANYTHING can get you into trouble if it doesn't please those who hold power.