Mistfinder: Pathfinder in Ravenloft

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Alanik Ray
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Re: Mistfinder: Pathfinder in Ravenloft

Post by Alanik Ray »

You did an awesome job, brass. I'll soon be converting my current 3.5 Ravenloft game to Pathfinder and Mistfinder will definitely speed things along.

Just my two cents: don't you think the Shield of Ezra should be a Mist domain's granted power?

By the way, when can we expect an update? There's a lot of good material in APG that is begging for a Ravenloft touch.
brass
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by brass »

I'm back working on this project after a short break. A revised version adding in the basic APG material (base classes, archetypes, alternate racial features and racial favored class options) is the current plan.

What do people think of the firearms rules currently in playtest over at Paizo?

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy8igw
doctor-evil
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by doctor-evil »

brass wrote:
What do people think of the firearms rules currently in playtest over at Paizo?

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy8igw
I weighed in on the gunslinger with some suggestions based on rules we're using for my Ravenloft campaign - slower (more historically realistic) reloading rates, but counter acting with higher damage for firearms. The way the weapons stand at the moment, you basically have very expensive crossbows that can misfire - why would anyone use firearms?
Tenebris
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re:

Post by Tenebris »

Beckett wrote:I'm just looking at this, so it might have been mentioned already, doing a the Fear, Horror, and Madness checks based around CMB/CMD might be cool rather than as Saves.

Also, channel Energy, well specifically, channel Positive energy for healing just doesn't seem very Ravenloft, at all. Any thoughts on converting back to Turn Undead as standard?
I actually prefer channel energy to the turn mechanic precisely because it is more balanced and not as overpowered. The old turn undead could quickly turn into an "I Win" button for the party.
Alanik Ray
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Alanik Ray »

Any progress?
Shard
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Shard »

brass wrote:

cure wrote:
So Hide and Move Silently become Stealth, Listen and Spot become Perception, Open Lock becomes, I would guess, Disable Device, Tumble and Balance become Acrobatics, and probably one or two others that I have missed.

Given that and given the reduction in skill points that you site, then the reduction in choices that you suggest makes perfect sense. And idea of a limited toe dip into the physical side sounds good to me too.

In 3.5, one can become a scholar at 3rd level. Does the reduced available skill points change that? I am not saying that changing that is necessarily a bad thing. Just curious.

Yep, you can get into scholar at 3rd lvl, max skill ranks have remained the same. Also characters who take a level in a favored class have the option of gaining 1 additional skill rank or an additional hit point .

Since there are now feats at every two levels, the tax of feats for prerequisites is not as severe.

Jump got folded into acrobatics as well, Linguistics is speak language, forgery and decipher script.

I've done some revisions to linguistics you can read on the other thread.
Perception also includes Search as well as Spot and Listen
I just want to say thank you all by the way for lighting the way and helping me continue to run Ravenloft for a 3rd generation of players! :D