Realms of Dread Chapter Two

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

"Alright, I'll try." He reaches out his hand and touches Rardi's. His hand lacks warmth or vitality of any kind.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rardi keeps a good grip on Archedius' hand and flies over to where Inovidil is. With the mage and Arch, she looks for some type of entrance.

I can't remember the spells Rardi has memorized. If when ewan gets back he sends them to me, that would be great. I would cast Find Traps to help us.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

in the alleyway, near the Marsh Gate-

Cross-face says to Blaise:

''Just take that crate inside the building and put it with the others. Right through there-''

He indicates the open door with a wave of his hand.

''Mind you don't make a ruckus. There's folks sleeping about these parts- and I expect they wish it to remeain so til morning,eh?''

With that, the foreman strides off towards the mouth of the alley. He makes little noise as he ventures into the foggy darkness, save for a soft oath muttered after he stumbles over a stone or loose brick.

As this is going on, Threan looks on from his nearby hiding spot behind a barrel.

closer to the Marsh Gate, in the street that runs perpendicular to the alleyway where the night-crew works-

Alain has avoided arousing too much suspicion by stumbling away, looking to be drunk. The fog has grown very thick now, and taken on the appearance that the locals call ''pea soup.''

Now he has wandered close enough to the gate to observe the gaurds there in detail. Both men stand inside the gate, at the closed wooden portal. One leans up against the stone wall of the archway, and his fellow peeks out the gate-window into the night scene beyond the walls. The iron lamp hanging above them continues to burn with a soft glow, lessening the concealing effects of the ever thickening fog, at least in the immediate proximity of the gate. As the night-vapours grow thicker, the Marsh Gate and the two watchmen standing in the recessess of its tall stone archway begin to take on the appearance of objects floating in a greyish cloud, unmoored from the solidity of the earth.
Last edited by ewancummins on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Fishgut Rock-

Drifting upward in the night air, the waters of the bay swirling below, Archedius, Rardi, and Ino move to hover near the spot where Ino thinks that she had seen the hidden door earlier open.

Rardi's keen dwarvish sense for such cunning bits of stonework allows her to quickly locate the clverly concealed doorway. It remains closed- an unremarkable looking rectangures section of stone set almost perfectly flush with the steep cliff.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Awright guys. I see some doorway here," and she points to what she sees, glad to show what she sees to the others. "Now what, guys?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil gets closer and looks where Rardi points the concealed door.

"Great job Rardi! Now we need to look for traps and of course open it. I have a spell that can open doors but if there is a trap will activate it...Can one of you search for traps? I don't have such skills neither a spell that can do that."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

"I might be useful in that regard. My eyesight is a bit fuzzy so if you two wouldn't mind helping me, I can inspect the door. No guarantees though, I'm afraid that if it's magically trapped...goblins aren't experienced in dealing with those."

Archedius searches the door for any obvious traps. "I suggest we stand back from the door when we open it..."

Archedius would like to take 20 on his search check using Trapfinding for a total of 22 (20+2 int). And yes, I should've put some ranks into search...will do later if the opportunity arises lol.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rardi allows Archedius the proper space to do his work, a little surprised by his ability. Once he is terminated she takes his advice and stays back, as she is still flying.
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

As he works he whispers a bit to nobody in particular, "Are either of you cold? I can barely feel my limbs." he lets the sentance trail off as he continues his inspection.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I feel fine," whispers back Rardi. She then takes a close look at Archedius while he toils at the door, taking her time as he takes his time. She looks for any sign of sickness in her friend.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil goes back as well letting Archedius do the search.

"I'm fine too Archedius. You might be tensed that's why you feel cold. When you are done with your search join us here, I'll cast my spell to open the door from distance."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Fisghut Rock, flying near the cliffs
Archedius takes his own sweet time searching the rough stone wall and the hidden door's outer surface. He discovers neither traps nor any means by which the door might be opened using mundane means short of heavy pickaxe work. The finger-crack space between the rectangular door and the surrounding cliff-face is too narrow to admit any large wedges or tools, and the position [hanging or floating in mid air] isn't exactly the best for leveraging open the rocky portal with a crowbar.
Last edited by ewancummins on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

Archedius floats towards Rardi and Inovidil and nods to the latter, awaiting her spell.
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

in the alleyway, near the Marsh Gate-
ewancummins wrote: ''Just take that crate inside the building and put it with the others. Right through there-''

He indicates the open door with a wave of his hand.

''Mind you don't make a ruckus. There's folks sleeping about these parts- and I expect they wish it to remeain so til morning,eh?''

With that, the foreman strides off towards the mouth of the alley.
"Silent as a sleeping lamb, I'll be," says Blaise, as he moves the crate. He suppresses a grunt -- it's been a while since he did manual labor -- as he steps inside the warehouse. With his enhanced vision, he peers into the darkness as he walks, trying to count the number of people remaining. After placing the crate down, he heads back toward the entrance, yet he pauses for a moment near the spot where the ledger lies. He takes off his boot as though to shake out a stone, and he tries to peer at the ledger's contents without drawing much attention. "Maybe I'll get me a new boot with the money instead..." he mutters for effect.

OOC: Ewan, with the cross-scarred man gone, how many people does Blaise now see, including the two guards at the entrance? Darkvision and see invisible are still in effect.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil looks one more time at the door and waves her hands pronouncing some arcane phrases.

OOC> Ino casts open first, if the door remains closed will cast knock.
- W H A T ! ? !