Doctor Who (It's Spoilerific)

Books, movies, television and everything else
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Jennifer wrote:hi all,
Dr Who was good again, I thought the transformation from face to gasmask was indeed horrific. and the little boy asking for his mommy was defenitely creepy.

Queer as folk was indeed superb, I watched it all when is was on TV here. I lived in manchester for a bit and it was nice to see those neighbourhoods again. I wonder what will happen when someone hits on the doctor. 5 more days till saturday

Jennifer
My guess? When Jack hits on the Doctor, letters to Points of View and the News of the World saying "It's disgusting! We don't need this sort of thing on televison, polluting our young children's minds!"
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Probably.

You know its funny, fans get all uncomfortable over gays in sci-fi, yet no one gave C3PO and RTD2 any trouble.
Perhaps if the doctor was a mincing brass robot then it would be okay.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Lost and Damned
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lost and Damned »

Just finished watching this weeks episode, not bad, got some more info on the Tardis and what it can do....

but next week...... EXTERMINATE! :lol:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural...

[url=http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_66&products_id=701&affiliate_id=6326]Support Ravenloft PDF's at Drive Thru RPGs NOW![/url]
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Not only Exterminate, but Robotic versions of Trinny and Susannah and Anne Robinson and "Could the Doctor please come to the Diary Room."
Lost and Damned
Conspirator
Conspirator

Watched it last night, oh boy, Jack pulling out a gun from "nowhere" scene was hillarous, but to see the Doctor getting voilent was nice, as were seeing the Daleks flustered when the Doctor says he hasn't got a plan and the Daleks can't cope with that! :D :lol:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural...

[url=http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_66&products_id=701&affiliate_id=6326]Support Ravenloft PDF's at Drive Thru RPGs NOW![/url]
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:Probably.

You know its funny, fans get all uncomfortable over gays in sci-fi, yet no one gave C3PO and RTD2 any trouble.
Perhaps if the doctor was a mincing brass robot then it would be okay.
Yeah, Muslims/Arabs and Gays are the only 'untapped' minorities in mainstream sci-fi. Even the myriad of racially harmonious and diverse Star Trek shows haven't had one of either included.

I'm just happy the Gas Mask Kids were explained nicely in the end. That episode was sooo creepy and gives an example of how WWII and later times could be used for horror. A Masque update for WWII ScS, maybe? Companion to the Great War article?
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I thought last weeks epsiode was really good. I thought the robotic Trinny and Susannah, Anne-Droid and Davinabot where pulled off quite well and didn't fall into the realm of farce. And I liked all the little hints to the Daleks, T&S's dresses, the lumpy walls in the Big Brother house and Anne's laser.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The last episode was really, really good. Bad Wolf was finally explained. The only problem I had was David Tennent. I think he's too young to be the Doctor. I still think it should be Anthony Head, but my sister reckons Eddie Izzard would be the best Doctor.
Lost and Damned
Conspirator
Conspirator

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:The only problem I had was David Tennent. I think he's too young to be the Doctor.
I'm not so sure, Tennent's about a simlar age Peter Davidson was when he became the Doctor's 5th Incarnation.

Ivana_Boritsi
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Bad Wolf?

Post by Ivana_Boritsi »

About the Bad Wolf episode? Oh my god!!!!!

Okay, okay. I was so impressed that they tied all of those episodes together. And then to find out -who- was behind everything?

Wow. Totally wow.

I was kind of 'eh' on the whole series, but that one episode...how it brought everything back around made the entire series worthwhile for me.
Now I know, now I can divine. The reign of man is over, and He has come....

-Guy De Maupassant
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:The last episode was really, really good. Bad Wolf was finally explained.
Albeit in a very poor way :( I thought it was a complete cop out...
The only problem I had was David Tennent.
Poor aliens, death by Cassanova...
I still think it should be Anthony Head, but my sister reckons Eddie Izzard would be the best Doctor.
Eddie Izzard I could see, but not Anthony Stewart Head, he made a good Frankenfurter, but I don;t see him playing the Doctor
Swallow your soul!
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

To go off on a related, yet wholely unrelated tangent...
Does anyone know anything about, from the old series, a guy who was turned into a cactus man?
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
narm00
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by narm00 »

Does anyone know anything about, from the old series, a guy who was turned into a cactus man?
If it's the story I think you're thinking of, that would be the Tom Baker story 'Meglos'. Meglos is a creature who can possess other beings, and can reshape his host's form to duplicate that of someone similar (precisely what /sort/ of being he is is never made clear). He originally starts out by possessing a xerophyte (cactus), then takes over an Earth man who he uses to duplicate the Doctor's form as part of a plan to get his hands on a powerful artifact. The Doctor destroys Meglos, and the Earthman is returned home.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Ah! So that explains why the cactus talked before withering away...
Thank you!
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
AdamGarou
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by AdamGarou »

Not that I'm really following this, b/c the new show doesn't appear to be running in my neck of the woods, but...

How many Doctors does this make? The latest one--Tennant, I guess--is what, the ninth? And there can only be a maximum of 12 (one for each regeneration)?
“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
― Harry Dresden