Mists over the Musarde , Chapter Six

Online roleplaying at the Café
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

ewancummins wrote: ''Yes, we are native to the land.

These wolf-demons, of them we know but little. They are come into this country only in recent times, or else men did not meet them and live to tell the tale until now. They are larger than natural wolves, and their eyes hold hell-fire. One seemed to run on two legs...but perhaps that was just the fire-light and shadows, playing a trick on my mind.

Our weapons struck them - I swear that two of the axe-strokes I landed would have killed any natural wolf- and yet the monsters were not even slowed down much by our attacks. Still, we did them some hurt, for a little blood was on our axes afterward, and we did drive the monsters from our camp. Oh, and they howled when touched by blazing torches- but did not seem to fear fire as would normal beasts. All this tells us that they must have been demons in wolf-shape.''
Dorgio strokes his mustache, contemplating their description. "Yes. . . yes I am thinking we have faced creatures like this before." He makes a deliberate point of <b>not</b> looking at Jon. "Wounds from mundane weapons either fail to strike home, or wound only but a little. But there are ways to be dealing with them."

"I am agreeing that we should not stop to rest. And knowing our wounds, we may even be worse if we are waiting. Come, let us be pressing the advantage."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Karim nods at Dorgio's words.

"If you want to go now, I'm with you since there is plenty of daylight left. We can return here later when we have saved the cleric."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wat distributes the silver-plated items as Alain has asked him to do.

The strangers, who will tell your party that they are loggers, take a short rest and a light meal, and then make ready to go.

The wolf, Baelmus, takes a scent from the Toret's things, and the hunt is on!

Out of the sunlit clearing of the camp-site and down shady forest paths your hunt leads you. The wolf follows an invisible trail, sniffing the air, the trees, the dirt. It is over an hour when you find the first solid piece of evidence that the Toret was in this part of the forest: an iron mace in the underbrush.

''That is his.'' -says the logger's leader, Harald.

The hunt continues...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"The silver items didn't work before," Benn says, handing the bolts back to Wat. "I appreciate the thought, but I don't think this will get the job done."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

"maybe the new blade we found will hurt them. Either way, we must find the cleric. Lets continue on."
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I will get the sword if is ok, I want to give it another try. If I see no difference will give it back to you Wat."

When Baelmus founds the mace Karim goes closer to Galandel and says:

"Great thing to have you and your wolf with us! Lets hope the cleric is alive!"
Last edited by VAN on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

As they are walking, Dorgio suddenly stops, and motions for the others to be quiet. He points to his left, and in a low voice says, "Are you hearing that? Water. And growling."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wat pauses to listen.

''Yes. I hear it, too.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict, knowing to trust his friends' perception, drops to a knee and starts fanning the nearby foliage with his crossbow.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The five loggers crouch in the trail, holding their axes or knives, ready for an attack.

JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Jonathan moves quickly to Alain's side.

"Friend, hand me the sword! Let Wat guide your hand for your magic from a distance so that you both will be safe. I'll take them head on. if I'm to fall, it will be destroying night things!"
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Galandel follows Baelmus, keeping in stride as his wolf follows the clerics scent in the woods.

He comes to stop and looks over to where Dorgio is pointing. He pulls his out his bow and knocks an arrow, ready to attack anything that may appear.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

To Jon"I'm sorry but that sword is evil and I had it put someplace safe until it can be melted down for scrap . And I don't think it would have been all that effective against were creatures any way ."
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

"I never said you could sell my sword."
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

[Not sure about the timeframe that passes between the initial meeting with the lodgers and the event at the clearing.]

Unceremoniously, Dofur will unpack his saddle bags and reveal pieces of shining armor - not silver, but white steal, and fairly simple consider the usual Dwarven craftsmanship.

Within minutes, he has cled himself in splint mail, and prepared his weapons, mainly, a huge warhammer, more than half the Dwarf's size, and made of the same material as his armor.

Before he puts on the helmet, the dwaf sticks one of his thick fingers into a jar of black dirt he has been carrying with his other possessions and begins a short chant, as he paints his face with the earth.

Shouldering his shield, he covers down next to Karim and Galandel.