Birthright Tuornen Chapter Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Birthright Tuornen Chapter Four

Post by VAN »

Filbert has noticed how Roald looked like Duke Flaertes but he didn't want to tell anything to young Duke because he didn't want to upset him further. Devlin had already enough at his mind with his father's death and the war to hear gossip about Roald and Flaertes. But now that Devlin finally found out the truth the halfling feels that his friend might feel awkward or need someone to talk to. Filbert knows that the young duke is mature and can handle almost all situation but find out from nowhere that has a brother was something that might need more processing and maybe some alcohol. So looks at Devlin, trying to get how the young duke is feeling, and asks:

"Do you need me to fetch anything for you Your Grace?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RANALD'S MANOR

Leaving in the afternoon, Cormac's band (including his two green recruits) makes good time in getting out of the little vale that holds the manor house and its gardens and outbuildings. Riding west, higher into the foothills, the men make their way through misty evergreen woods and along rugged fells. Crossing a clear rill that forms the westerly boundary of Ranald's little dominion, they enter the true wilderness...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

"I know this uncomfortable silence must be fun and everything, but what exactly does all this mean in regards to the war effort?"
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

SAFANA & GUNNAR

kintire wrote:Safana takes her leave of the squire and begins wandering around the manor, exploring it carefully. She surveys likely lines of attack... and escape. She also talks pleasantly to the people of the manor trying to gain information about the situation she has stumbled into: much more than a simple raid, she is beginning to realize!

While wandering about the manor home, Safana hears loud wooden thwacks and grunts, like a play-fight. Investigating further, she enters the front hall to find a tall, powerfully built man with craggy features and flaxen hair. The big man drops a makeshift wooden sword into the arms of a teenage boy who attends him. Two sweaty, worn out men across the room likewise set aside their wooden practice weapons.
The big man turns round and looks at Safana...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Hello, I don't think we have met my lady . I'm Gunnar currently serving as Esquire Ranald Lt. , training these fellows in the ways of not getting killed in a fight . When I deem them ready, we will take the fight to the goblins by killing and ambushing patrols and such ."Gunnar explains to the pretty women .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

"I am without an heir Roald, and I wondered if you had relation to me. As far as the war goes, you are dur payment. Do you wish further employment?"
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

"I won't say no to payment, Your Grace. And I'm always open to employment," Roald pauses for a heartbeat. "But this talk of relations and bloodlines and heirs--it's all a bit much for an old soldier like me to absorb, though I cannot deny the resemblance. But if you're thinking what I think you are, I think more solid proof would be required. Not just for me," Roald gestures towards the people around the table, "but also for your vassals and allies."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

"Of course, I understand." Devlin waves his hand. "I will see to a payment of 500 Gold stags to you for your efforts. A princly sum and enough to forge a future where ever you wish. If you'd like further employment, we can address that in the furure, should you give us reason to need your service, if you actually led a company for example. Or we could ire you as a trainer. Sir Rory can see to that, or perhaps you'd like to join the militia under Captain Ghonalisson?"

Devlin nods to his chamberlain and then the captain.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Sir Rory says, "Roald, I can offer you a place as an arms-master or a trainer for the palace guard. But maybe you would prefer to sign with Captain Ghonallison's command?"

The Castellan meets Roald's gaze for a long moment and then turns to Rennalt with a questioning look.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE GORGON'S CROWN-
tarlyn wrote:"Right, lass!," he calls after her.

"Lad, fifty fifty split, awright?." he whispers to Reese.

He looks around, surprised at the amount of patrons Reese got. Laughing to himself, he turns to the lad.

"Lissen, I wanna meet yer boss. Sounds like an awright sort, if ye askin me. E's prolly urd o me an me drinkin an
wrasslin prowess, till tonight at any rate." He looks at the alewife and smiles.

"Well an Clyde too, 'o' course. E in drink me almoss unner a table, the bastard!" He grabs a tankard and fills it with ale from the barrel covering his hole. "TO CLYDE! ME FRIEND AN NEAR A BETTER WRESSLER N ME! HAW HAW HAW!"

The dwarf claps the bear affectionately on the back and assures himself the ursine can lap up as much beer as it wants from the barrel.

He collects whatever Reese gives him and wanders over to the alewife. "Here be a token o me appreciation, lass," and tosses her the purse of his winnings from the wrestling match. "I be Torthur. I'd like ta be knowin ye name. An thats fer tha hole I maked in ye floor. Least I kin do fer me wresslin partner." He winks at her, then smiles.

The big-boned, tall alewife accepts the coins with a smile.
"Da and Mam named me Magga. But everyone call me Mons Meg, on account of I'm big like a hill.''

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:THE GORGON'S CROWN-

"Da and Mam named me Magga. But everyone call me Mons Meg, on account of I'm big like a hill.''

"Well big like a hill, ain nuttin wrong with dat. I like em big like a hill an strong too. Ye need anythin from me, jess whistle, Magga. I be Torthur."

He bows and carries his tankard back to Clyde and Reese, sitting.

"So, we gonna drink all night or meet yer boss, lad? Whut he doin tonight? Celebratin' 'is prowess in some drinkin 'ole?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:
ewancummins wrote:THE GORGON'S CROWN-

"Well big like a hill, ain nuttin wrong with dat. I like em big like a hill an strong too. Ye need anythin from me, jess whistle, Magga. I be Torthur."

He bows and carries his tankard back to Clyde and Reese, sitting.

"So, we gonna drink all night or meet yer boss, lad? Whut he doin tonight? Celebratin' 'is prowess in some drinkin 'ole?"

Reese replies,"He had to finish some business. I expect he will come back here soon. "
The boy looks at the door for a moment before turning his attention back to the dwarf.
"I have never actually talked with a dwarf before. I mean, a real dwarf like you. I don't count short humans, like this fellow who lived in my hometown. Steg. He was really short, like a half-man. But his mom and da were both normal. Oh--I mean tall, like most other folks."

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Torthur smiles. He downs most of his tankard, or attempts to. Part of it ends up in his beard, however. Clyde grunts at him, almost as if he is scolding the dwarf for wasting the ale!

"Bah! I didna waste nuthin, ye ursine dag!" He proceeds to wring his beard and sure enough most of the ale drips back into his tankard.
He sticks his tongue out at the bear and finishes his ale, belching rather loudly.

"So, lad, what did yer wants ter know about a dwarf."

The bear belches into Torthurs face, making the dwarfs beard move as if he got caught in a strong wind.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Reese laughs at Clyde's antics.

''Hah, what? Oh, yeah, dwarfs. I've heard you guys eat rocks. Is that true?"

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

FOERDE

While riding his donkey over the crest of a hill, Foerde spots a stag watching him from a nearby gap in the pine trees, a spear's throw ahead. The big deer turns and runs away...