Mists over the Musarde, Chapter 8

Online roleplaying at the Café
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Dofur looks fairly angry, yet lowers his warhammer and, when Hendryk comes out, sits down next to Franz and listens, attentively, albeit mumbling:

"Thine bodily fluids need to balance, smartarse."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Karim lowers his scimitars and asks:

"For how long are you doing this and why the elves don't side you? I mean for sure they suffer the tyranny as well, why they don't help you and just sent people against you?"

When the Franz announces his decision Karim says:

"Fair well my friend, I'm sure you will help a lot here."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Benn arches an eyebrow, but elects not to push the point further.

"As I said, she sent us here. Our impression was that she was no friend of the Mule or the tyrant either, but I'm wondering if, perhaps, we were being set-up."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

He listens to Henryk's tale, chewing his cigar in thought. The priest had not trusted the apothecary from the beginning, but what reason was there to trust these men, either? He studies Henryk's face for any sign of duplicity.

"Your story, it is a tragic one," he says at last. "Perhaps we are not needing to be enemies." <i>Perhaps</i>. He keeps his eyes peeled for any sign of a shipment, anything to verify Tileara's story that the outlaws were moving a large cache.
Karim wrote: "For how long are you doing this and why the elves don't side you? I mean for sure they suffer the tyranny as well, why they don't help you and just sent people against you?"
"Why would the elves of this land <i>not</i> side with humans?" He gives Karim a sad look, from one halfbreed to another. "I could be guessing one or two things."
Franz wrote: "I haff decided to stay here unt help dese honorable men. "
Dorgio arches a brow at Franz's abrupt change of heart. "My friend, you are . . . the consummate soldier."

Benn wrote: "As I said, she sent us here. Our impression was that she was no friend of the Mule or the tyrant either, but I'm wondering if, perhaps, we were being set-up."
"Yes, I'd like to be knowing more of this, too. Was she having some quarrel with you?"
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''She has been helping us. When my men were injured or ill, she would heal them. We had thought her to be a good friend and true ally. Now I see that I was mistaken. You see, our warchest has been emptied. This was discovered just last night. I know that none of my men would steal from the band, and all are still with me. Tileara, she saw it when last she was here, a few days past. I think she might have seen it open, seen all those gold and silver coins inside. As I told you, we rob the Tyrant's payroll wagons when we can. ''

Henryk stands up and walks in a circle, tugging on his beard.

''She must be the thief, else why would she send your band after us?''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Maybe deiner money she gave to de Mule yesterday was de money she stole from you." Franz smacks his forehead, disgusted with himself.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Henryk turns to Franz and says-

''She gave the Mule money? Hmmm...that could have been her taxes, or maybe it was something else. Franz, if you are serious about joining us, I have a mission for you. I warn you- it may be dangerous. I want you to go back into Hroth and find out why Tileara has betrayed us. None of us may safely enter, but you might be able to accomplish the task. Whatever you do, don't get caught. If it looks as if you may be captured or killed, flee! The treasure is not worth your life or freedom, but I would like to know why she turned traitor. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Franz salutes Henryk. "Ja I cannen do dot. As I am injured she might be
less suspicious of me. If I return alone, wissout mein freunds I can just tell her dey haff gone on to Richemulot unt I decided to stay here. Why would I
get caught? I vill fint out deiner information for you, Henryk."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Henryk returns the salute with an upraised hand.

''You are a brave man, Franz. I am glad to have you with us. Be careful. I'll have men watching the road out of Hroth, men to guide you to our next hideout. We cannot stay here, not with the possibility of Marius or the soldiers learning of this place from Tileara. My men will give you a sign by which you may know them. This token will be a yellow string tied in a knot. ''
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu May 06, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Very vell. I see you later on, den." Franz and Munchen walk back into Hroth alone.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict watches the impetuous Falkovnian wander up the road.

"Well," he says, "That certainly doesn't leave us with much to do in the meantime."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Henryk says to Benn-

''You may go in peace. I won't impede you. My men and I must relocate tonight. We will move to another hiding place.''

Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Dofur will put down his helmet and quietly goes on to massage his temples.

"Fare the well, Henryk."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Karim listens everyone speak by he remains silent, something in the whole story was unclear to him. Tileara might have gotten the money to pay Marius, but she could have also paid him with the coins she has gotten from the whop work so far. Henryk could very well lie and he could be the one that stole the chect if it had even be stolen. One thing was sure for the Pharazian warrior, that all this wasn't his business and less he and the other get involved the merrer.

"I think we should get going as well, it's late."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Rafael wrote:Dofur will put down his helmet and quietly goes on to massage his temples.

"Fare the well, Henryk."
Henryk replies to Dofur with a melancholy smile and a half-bow.

''And fare thee well, good Sir Dwarf. I pray that you and all your friends make it to Richemulot safely. My advice is to keep a sharp lookout on the roads, as not all outlaws are of the character of my band. Good luck!''