New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New to the Forum? introduce yourself here!

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome, MightyEvilDoom! Best of luck on introducing your players to our favorite setting. Let us know if you need any assistance. We're here to help!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Isamu
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: New to Ravenloft? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Isamu »

Hello All!
I'm not new to Ravenloft per se, having played/DMed it many times. But I am new to the Fraternity here. In the past I have always found this a good place to come for a little inspiration. I decided to become a member in order to get in on some play-by-post action and have posted my availability as a player over in the Cafe. I look forward to getting to know you all a little better!
}Isamu
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Welcome to the boards Isamu! :)

Now where is my 'nice to meat you' meat cleaver? Can't let you miss out on a tradition I just started! :twisted:
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Isamu
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Isamu »

A G Thing wrote:
Now where is my 'nice to meat you' meat cleaver? Can't let you miss out on a tradition I just started! :twisted:

That sounds painful! It's going to be like High School all over again, only with fewer limbs.
}I
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

What are a few limbs between fellow conspirators eh? ;)

I tend to lose limbs then have new ones sewn on regularly around here... Just have to adapt is all...

I know I left it over by the 'bar mitzvah celebration' lead bar? Hard to check those top shelves while missing your legs you know!

Don't worry... We will get this greeting celebration sorted out soon enough... Catch you later! :D
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, Isamu! We'll try to keep A G Thing from dismembering anyone, but we can't promise...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
blackaeon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by blackaeon »

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums for the FoS but not the website itself, as I've used it extensively in the past and enjoyed the Hell out of everything (to varying degrees) that're contained herein. I've been an avid roleplayer since '89, and of my favorite settings, Ravenloft is by far the most cherished. I've been poking around looking for a place to host a pbp set in the Core, but figured that this site'd be probably the best chance to find some afficianados. I live in SW Florida with my wife (whom I met in an online play by post) and far too many animals, and go to school full time for computer programming.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

welcome, blackaeon! great to have you here! I always love hearing about gamer love stories. Congrats! The family that games together, stays together. ;)
Goobs
Conspirator
Conspirator

New to Ravenloft? Start here!

Post by Goobs »

hello I forgot my password and locked out of my email so here I am again formally Hamilclar. Anyway I have just started playing Ravenloft again in
3.0 and really enjoy it. I have a group of 8 which has been a challenge two vets and 6 FNGS. I'm running the GC campaign but using When Black Roses bloom as one of the markers. The group started in Tepest and are about 5 sessions just about the second day in Sourougne coming by mist from Tepest. The mist really was fun using it just shadows and playing on lovecraft fear of the unseen. The adventure revamp for third has been fun also. Ive redone the Night of the living dead and the nemesis builds were fun to do. The group has one more day of the adventure then the off to Port Delahour. The sources have been great help in building the world for them.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

welcome back, Goobs/Hamiclar. I've moved your post here where it belongs. If you want me to reactivate your old account with your new email address, send me an email.
Ender
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ender »

Hello! I'm sort of new to Ravenloft and FoS... but also not quite. I say that because while I was only introduced to Ravenloft a few years ago, since then I've been around the site and boards very frequently and have read virtually every Ravenloft book I can get my hands on. (I get a tad bit obsessive with my favorite settings) I've been DMing Eberron games for quite some time, but I finally found players that I think are well-suited to Ravenloft, so I will soon be running a game in it! Hopefully I can contribute to the fantastic discussions on the boards that I have, until now, only experienced from a distance.
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Welcome, good luck with your players and your fledgling campaign!
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Now that's the kind of Obsession we appreciate around here. Welcome, Ender!
DarkCrusader
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by DarkCrusader »

Hello everybody! I've been into Ravenloft for quite a while. While I always liked it, what really sucked me in was the Sword and Sorcery line, which did so much to free it from the "darklord of the week" mindset and make it feel like a living, vibrant setting. I'll always consider it one of the great lost works of RPGs that they never got to finish those Gazeeters. Especially seeing as how some of those islands and clusters really needed some extra help.

One of my Ravenloft hobbies is learning all I can about domains and darklords they didn't get to flesh out. While this site has been an immense help with that, like Souraigne and Paridon, there are still some holes that bother me...

Favorite adventure- Neither Man nor Beast. I love the Island of Doctor Moreau and this is an excellently put together adventure.
Favorite accessories- Gazetteers.
Favorite Van Ritchen guides- The Created and the Ancient Dead
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome Dark Crusader! I think you'll fit right in! (and if you don't quite fit (in the hole in the ground we've prepared), we can always call in Dr. Fran to find a better shape for you...) :)