New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New to the Forum? introduce yourself here!

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome ModernBrutus, and don't worry about the language barrier. We have active members from all over the world. Go ahead and jump in!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
ModernBrutus
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by ModernBrutus »

Thanks for the welcome guys :D

I have a question: I'm preparing a little campaign in Ravenloft for some friends and , in need of a small Deus ex Machina, I made up a little pocket domain. Can i post it on the forum? I'm in need of some advice and criticism XD.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Sure, that is what the board is all about, i.e. sharing ideas!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Rogold Gildenman
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Rogold Gildenman »

Greeting to all the Fraternity and my thanks for finally drawing me into The Mists (through your most excellent discourse and stimulating rumination); I hope that you will forgive me any failure in my knowledge concerning The Demiplane of Dread as a new arrival as yet unlettered in far too many of the various works describing and depicting the Land of Mists.

Where my knowledge falters please forgive me and where I err by all means correct me (although preferably not in the manner Lord Godefroy most likely employs when dealing with those of his 'house guests' who still possess a personality beyond YES MASTER/whimper).
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Rogold Gildenman wrote:Greeting to all the Fraternity and my thanks for finally drawing me into The Mists (through your most excellent discourse and stimulating rumination); I hope that you will forgive me any failure in my knowledge concerning The Demiplane of Dread as a new arrival as yet unlettered in far too many of the various works describing and depicting the Land of Mists.

Where my knowledge falters please forgive me and where I err by all means correct me (although preferably not in the manner Lord Godefroy most likely employs when dealing with those of his 'house guests' who still possess a personality beyond YES MASTER/whimper).
Not to worry, we all make mistakes and you get to pick which fingers and toes you get to lose when an error is made [proudly displaying a left foot missing four toes]. Not sure what happens after the 20th mistake though...
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Rogold Gildenman
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Perhaps you are obliged to surrender brain-cells as part of the EXTREME Idiot Tax? :Brain:
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, Rogold Gildenman! Not to worry, the scars we inflict here are rarely physical ones.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rogold Gildenman
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Fangs for the reassurance sir (palms crucifix in case 'Delusions of Humour' is a fatal malady in this company). :mrgreen:
TheSalemlord
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by TheSalemlord »

Greetings fellow wanderers and lords of what is the most dark and dreadful realm. I got caught by the mist a long time ago, but I just kept lurking on the passages of these journals, hiding behind the curtains and taking the most precious information I could get from this dark place of forbidden knowledge. But now I want to introduce my self to you as one of those men who really enjoys the rich history of the realm and is still enthralled by its mysteries.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, TheSalemLord! Glad to be of service!
Ivoshandor
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ivoshandor »

Greets everyone. Good to be back in the mists. Though after this campaign I will be retiring :cry: . Been playing since I6, it was the first DND/ tabletop RPG game I every played. Love the setting. I will be putting my RL novels and game materials up on EBay once this one is done. Though that is a ways off PCs are still level 3.
On my tomb stone it will read "I'm so Gothic I'm Dead"
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Ivoshandor wrote:Greets everyone. Good to be back in the mists. Though after this campaign I will be retiring :cry: . Been playing since I6, it was the first DND/ tabletop RPG game I every played. Love the setting. I will be putting my RL novels and game materials up on EBay once this one is done. Though that is a ways off PCs are still level 3.
Sad to hear.... are you quitting DnD completely?
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Ivoshandor
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ivoshandor »

Likely not but I have other campaigns to run, Shadowrun, oWod Vampire Golden Age (Roman Era Vampire), then back to my anything goes D20 game (which is a crazy insane mix of any d20 system the players can find. After that I will likely be 65 and won't have a gaming group.

So basically this run in the mist is for me to have one last play through on all my modules in a big campaign then follow up with the ToUD for the ender.
On my tomb stone it will read "I'm so Gothic I'm Dead"
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, Ivoshandor! Sorry to hear about your impending retirement.... maybe we can sway you to stay in our dark little corner of the multiverse. but if not, here's hoping your last tromp through the mists is a memorable one!
MightyEvilDoom
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by MightyEvilDoom »

Hello all ! After many moons of watching from the shadows, I have revealed myself !

But seriously, I've been coming here for a long time, silently appreciating all the fine work and cool ideas this community has offered. I've been a fan of Ravenloft for 14-15 years, but have never played a game of it (yup I'm one of THOSE people). But now that I've graduated from mere adventurer to God-like DM I can finally start playing the games I've always wanted to :azalin: