Pathfinder v 5e

Discussing all things Ravenloft
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Pathfinder v 5e

Post by alhoon »

5e is also easier to create stuff for. The approach is: "Just create it!" and not trying to appease the hungry god Absol Ute Bal'ance.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
MichaelTumey
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MichaelTumey »

Well, I think I have a good eye for PF balance, so it really isn't work to get that accomplished. Any of the traits, feats, spells, haunts, class archetypes, and alternate classes created in Kaidan are considered by most of the reviewers very balanced, even going as far to say that Paizo material often is less balanced than anything we've created. If you look at our Way of the Samurai (PFRPG) supplement, or at least read the reviews for those products - both reviewers state that the bulk of the supplement targets low fantasy games. I see Kaidan as low fantasy, not high fantasy, because magic is heavily controlled by the state, good winning over evil just won't happen (at least not easily), and everyone, except undead are subject to the Kaidan death mechanic which is an evil equalizer in the setting. I don't care for gonzo games, I prefer subtlity and a more realistic experience combined with occult and magic, and I intentionally developed Kaidan to better fit that instead of typical Pathfinder. Kaidan is a lot more like Ravenloft than it is Forgotten Realms or Golarian.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

MichaelTumey wrote:Any of the traits, feats, spells, haunts, class archetypes, and alternate classes created in Kaidan are considered by most of the reviewers very balanced, even going as far to say that Paizo material often is less balanced than anything we've created.
I believe you. Some of the Paizo material is just plain unbalanced. And worse of all some of the d20 or PF material is (for me) unfun to play. :shock:
So, a veteran with an eye to Ravenloft like yourself could do better (according to my tastes) than other veterans with an eye to high fantasy \ steampunk etc.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!