The Devil's Dreams, Chapter 3

Online roleplaying at the Café
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Devil's Dreams, Chapter 3

Post by Ail »

Rock wrote:"Didn't I hear someone say sumthin' about a fungus what eats heat?" Everline says. "'Stead of fire, how's about acid?"

"Acid? Now, that's much easier to make. Although will still take a while. I can make a vial in 3 days at most, usuall in 2."

OOC: this is if I'm reading Craft (alchemy) rules correctly, Ewan. Please, if you have house rules on this, say so.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes of course. Thank you again."

Karim leaves the room a bit confused of all the information he heard. As leaving the room he bumps into Alain that informs him where the rest of the group is gathered.
Last edited by VAN on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Ail wrote:
Rock wrote:"Didn't I hear someone say sumthin' about a fungus what eats heat?" Everline says. "'Stead of fire, how's about acid?"

"Acid? Now, that's much easier to make. Although will still take a while. I can make a vial in 3 days at most, usuall in 2."

OOC: this is if I'm reading Craft (alchemy) rules correctly, Ewan. Please, if you have house rules on this, say so.
"I was operating under the assuMption we would be working with commonly available materials. I doubt that Herr Delapore keeps a large supply of volatile acid at hand, as opposed to plain lamp oil." Benn turns to Eustace. "if you can make a large quantity of it and give it to us in a safe, easily transported and used container, then so much the better."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Once with the others Karim tells them with all details what he found out from the maids. Concluding he says:

"So I think that Ferenc might have Crespin killed because failed his task, kill us, or that he didn't haev anything to do with that. But in any case wanted to hide something and that's why send Zandor away with a package. It maybe the papers we are looking for, the theft can be an excuse to drive us away from the real problem, Theophille's starnge death. I think Ferenc with or without Crespin help murdered Theophille and apparently now he is a ghost according what the maid said. The ghost probably is seeking revenge and we need to stop that as well. The purple blood makes me think of poison or disease. but for sure not natural death...so maybe we should check Crespin's blood as well."

Karim makes a small pause so his words can sink in and then continues:

"I agree that we should return to the caves and take whatever can help us with the rat demons as fire or acid but I think we should first check Crespin's blood and talk to Ferenc. More time we let pass more people may die or the killer might get away or disappear the clues. We need to move fast. I don't say openly accuse Ferenc, but talk to him, see how he thinks and deals with things. This might help us understand his thoughts and maybe prevent more attacks against us or others or anyway guess his next move. To be honest I really doubt he will let us stay here asking questions and dig into his past for long I bet he was behind the attacks against us and he may try it again. I don't say that he will try it himself but we don't know how many trusted servants or acquaintances he has that can try to harm or mislead or block us in our research. We need to be very careful. "
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

At the mention of poisoned purple blood, Benn looks absent mindedly at the back of one of his hands. "Your kits wouldn't happen to contain a syringe, would they, Eustace?"

"it sounds to me as if the unexplained dismissal of the servants was a move to replace them with those who would be loyal to him, whatever that loyalty may entail. I hypothesize that by the end of this, we will discover that it was one of their bare feet we found outside the major domo's windowsill. As for what they could be up to..." his thoughts trail off momentarily. "It seems that the majority of the severe disturbances occurred just as the geological shifts began. Whether the 'sinking' is cause or effect of the sinister plot that is afoot, I can not say. Theophile strikes me as little more than a hapless scientist whose explorations were at one point useful to Ferenc. When his use ran out, so did his life."

He stands, pacing a bit while thinking. "you are right that we don't have enough to act on Ferenc openly. However, if there were some among us capable of secereting themselves inside his quarters, perhaps they could discover some evidence conclusive enough to let us know what he is up to."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

"Alain, are you knowing any spells that can bring cold to a large area? I have no tongue for such prayers, but if there is some ritual, maybe that will be good for killing the spores?"
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

"I don't believe Ferenc is responsible for Crespin's death much less the theft of his own documents." Thom says. "While Crespin is the oldest servant of the house, he was the Major Domo and trusted with all the family secrets. It is highly unlikely that he would have betrayed his masters.

It could be possible Theophile survived accident, if Ferenc was indeed responsible for it, Theophile could be here for revenge. Though we shouldn't rule out the possibility that he could be a ghost.. Have any of you met the Ferenc since coming here or has all of your dealings been with the young master?"
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

"I think I recall some of you saying to me they had seen Master Ferenc in bed... have you?
As for a syringe... I think I have something similar, yes."

OOC: Ewan, I'm assuming some kind of utensil in an alchemy kit might include a syringe indeed, but of course, it's your call.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

the party's make-shift conference chamber

While your party confers in the dusty, dimly-lit store-room, the sharper-eared among your number become aware of a commotion in the hallway.
The noise quickly grows louder.

Someone calls out-

''The sheriff's men have found one of the Weathermay girls!"

Even through the thick walls and the heavy wooden door, you hear the noise of people running in the hallway.

A man's voice booms-

''Ezra save us- she's dead!"

END OF CHAPTER 3
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)