Your wish granted...with a twist (part 2)

Books, movies, television and everything else
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Granted! All instances of deja vu are now separated by lengthy posts on message boards thus easily recognizable but wholly inconvenient...

I wish that instances of deja vu could be readily seperated from actual memories of the past.
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

Granted. In the event of a memory, the song Memories from Cats not only fills your head but the local environement too. Likewise, in the event of deja vu, the voice of Yogi Berra rings out with the words: "It's like deja vu all over again." These inexplicable outbursts terrify the Tepestani and in consequence you are burnt alive at the stake.

I wish that the Dark Powers would put the upstart Ezra in her place. Our Lady of the Mists indeed!
The cure for what ails you
nothri
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by nothri »

Nothing happens. After several minutes of waiting, a Dementileuse Anchorite comes down the street. He offers to lecture you, at great length and in excruciating detail, how dumb your wish was. Taking your attempts to flee as a 'yes' he casts a hold person spell on your person and renews the affect as appropriate. He will then, in a meandering and painfully boring manner, explain that either Ezra does not exist and therefore there is no one to be 'put in her place', or she exists as the scriptures describe, a mortal or goddess who voluntarily bound herself to the mists.....in which case she is already IN her place, EG the mists of ravenloft. Either way, there is no wish to grant, so instead either Ezra or the Dark Powers have opted to said this old man to torment you. He tends to emphasize his points with a hard thwack over your head with his walking stick, which incidentally appears to be magical and paralyzes whoever is struck by it. You can expect many more sermons like this one in the coming months.

I wish har-akir didn't have quite so much sand. It keeps getting stuck in my shoes.
I'm just a ghost in this house.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Granted... It is now composed entirely of powdered asbestos insulation and you are in the exact center without shoes...

I wish for peace and good will toward men and women everywhere, along with a pony for myself!!! :D
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

A G Thing wrote:Granted... It is now composed entirely of powdered asbestos insulation and you are in the exact center without shoes...

I wish for peace and good will toward men and women everywhere, along with a pony for myself!!! :D
Granted. The Legion of the Night declares war on children . . . in your name . . . with your pony leading the charge.

I wish that someone would furnish us with 3.5 edition game statistics for Jack from the Nightmare Before Christmas.
The cure for what ails you