Hearts of Ravenkind (Discussion)

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Fantômne ov teh [i]ZOMFG![/i] ßketchbook...zors wrote: The question remains though, in what way should I post said pages that would be most convenient for you guys?
I'd rename this particular thread to read something like Comments on "Ravenloft: The Comic".

Then start a completely separate thread called "Ravenloft: The Comic".

Nobody but you will post in the comic's main thread. Each time you post, you ideally post nothing but Ravenloft comic strips. That will keep the layout uncluttered so people don't have to wade through loads of commentary to see the comics. They can come here, to this comments thread, in order to discuss it. Likewise, if you want to share your thoughts, do so in this thread and we can respond to your manifest awesomeness* here.

* The SI dimension for awesomeness is actually "osimosity" or, in European standardized spelling, Ösimosité**.

** The SI unit of measurement of Ösimosité is the ChNr, or "ChuckNorris".
LordGodefroi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by LordGodefroi »

Phantom of the Sketchbook wrote:Special note goes to Lord Godefroi for his critique. Thank you, and I will certainly keep it all in mind. Since I've made pages 3-5 already I don't know if I can apply any advise just yet, but I'll take a look and see what I can do to make it more reader friendly. Again, thank you. It's good to receive input from someone with some seniority in this kind of work.
Only worry about retrofitting your work when it becomes necessary or convenient. Sometimes, because their skills have improved so much over the course of their strips, some artists go back and completely re-draw their initial pages to match the style of their later pages. . . . Of course, you don't have to worry about that for now.

For now, just worry about getting your strip out on a regular basis and applying what you've learned when you're able.
[url=http://www.classichorrorfilmboard.com/]Classic Horror Film Board[/url]

[url=http://www.halloweenartexhibit.com/]Annual Halloween Art Exhibit - Chicago[/url]
LordGodefroi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by LordGodefroi »

BTW everybody, here's an interesting comic adaptation of Bram Stoker's novel Dracula.
[url=http://www.classichorrorfilmboard.com/]Classic Horror Film Board[/url]

[url=http://www.halloweenartexhibit.com/]Annual Halloween Art Exhibit - Chicago[/url]
Phantom of the Sketchbook
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Phantom of the Sketchbook »

The comic has been updated, as well as given it's own thread. Next update will be midnight of November 11th.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Hey! Don't change the way you sketch! Don't mind what the others say! I like the sketches as they are. More... in theme so to speak.

Also to answer your question if I would like a weekly update:

NO! :evil:

I demand an hourly update! Now don't make me look for my whip! get to work!

Really thanks for that art man! Awesome.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

Nice stuff. I've always envied folks who can draw a bit-I always feel like I have a dozen ideas for comics, but have no luck finding an artist who wants to work with me.

But, I digress. So far, so good! Looking forward to the next few pages.
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

I demand an hourly update! Now don't make me look for my whip! get to work!
Alas, if only. Sometimes I wish I could just wave my hand and present to you guys everything I have in my head. Oh well.
but have no luck finding an artist who wants to work with me.
One will pop up eventually. We just get Hide in Plain Sight at first level.

Page four is up. Just to clarify, the gentleman in the tri-corn hat is indeed George Weathermay. I couldn't picture making this comic without him.
Sylaire
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sylaire »

Hm...Page Three reminds me of a thread we had around here, a few months back, in which we were discussing the Barovians' lack of knowledge of vampires. Sister Tara's "What manner of beast...?" line reminded me strongly of that.

I didn't, of course, jump to the conclusion that one of the Mordentish folk was George, but I did note the culturally-apropos tricorn.
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

Who's his friend? the eyes and the stitchwork on the vest made me think of that elf from Van Richten's Arsenal...Jermaine? Something like that.

Which could be cool. The two could have a "Who's crankier." contest.
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Nope, I'm afraid the other character is a home brewed. I definitely plan to implement as many of the canon NPCs as possible though.
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Page 5 is up. I'm sure the Fraternity will be ever so surprised to hear that the blood-draining monster haunting a village in Barovia was, in fact, a vampire.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Phantom of the Sketchbook wrote:Page 5 is up. I'm sure the Fraternity will be ever so surprised to hear that the blood-draining monster haunting a village in Barovia was, in fact, a vampire.
:shock: No way! ! !
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Page 6 is up. How you guys liking it so far?
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Well, it's only the most commented on thing here. :)
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

I like the fangs, and the use of red. Nothing really romantic about this guy: just a mouth full of hurt. I like it.

Of course, now that I've seen Weathermay, I want to see Van Richten just show up and set it on fire with a nasty look. Call me a fanboy.

Still, looking forward to more of your work!