Staunton Bluffs Episode I: To the Borderstone

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana is rather poorly equipped: no staff, light bag and hugging her cloak tight around herself... shes lightly dressed under it... but she will help with any carrying to be done.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain looks off into the distance, then back to the party.
"It could work..."he says
Then all of a sudden, his face lights up.
"It has to work. It will work!" he almost seems to smile.
"quickly..."he says unshouldering his back pack and hands it to stocker.
"show me how this works."
It seems as if the idea excites him more then the prospect of saving his freind.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

You manage to built some sort of stretcher out of your bags, but have to leave their content either in the waste land or pass it to your companions.

What do you do with your belongings?
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Jarryd looks as the group members empty their backbpacks and produce a strange sort of stretcher. "Since I didn't give my backpack , you can put some of your stuff in inside.." he says in atrembling voice. The coldness of this place is too much for Jarryd's body. His feet and hands are very cold and he barely can control his body from shaking.

OCC: Does Lodissio have a backpack?? If so, the Jarryd takes it off him, to fill it with the group's gear. Maybe even look for something useful for carrying Lodissio, or for building a fire.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Mad Skipper
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Mad Skipper »

From his backpack he removes a pair of leather breeches, a jacket, an empty map case, two books and some trail rations.

Looking to Shana's shivering form, he offers a smile.

"Shana, here, put this on..."

He tosses her the breeches, then the jacket.

"I know it won't fit, but it should keep you a little warm."

The trail rations he manages to stuff into the pockets of his cloak, but he hesitates when he picks up the two books. Lost in thought for a moment, he fights to come to a conclusion. Finally, he looks up and tosses the books to Jarryd.

"As soon as we find shelter, burn them. It should keep a fire alive for a little bit."

The two books, aged with use, are entitled "The Life of Alanik Ray", and "The Casebook of Alanik Ray".

He pauses a moment as he watches Jarryd tremble.

"Stomp your feet. It'll help warm them some..."
Last edited by Mad Skipper on Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

"If there's any equipment left to be carried, I have yet room in my bag..."

Nicolas takes his bag off his shoulders, demonstrating how much space is left inside.

[OOC: Who's carrying Lodissio? I will (I think I already volunteered to), but if he's taken care of, I'll go on ahead after Tavian]
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]
Le Noir Faineant

Lodissio's bag doesn't hold too much of value - talking about money.

Two small bags of food, a flask of brandy, a black robe, with a silver emblem, two grenade-like balls, a sharpening stone, a necklace - maybe a present from his wife, and a pouch of documents.

The satyr didn't carry any money with him, it seems.

What do you do with Lodissio's weapons, so far? - He was carrying two great waraxes, as well as a dagger.

Who except Nicholas will carry Lodissio? - Two more persons are needed.

Afterwards, please define the order in which you walk on.
Mad Skipper
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Mad Skipper »

Stocker retrieves the rope that the group had tied themselves to while traversing the mists and returns to Lodissio's unconscious form. He quickly wraps the available blankets around as much of the satyr as he possibly can, then, using the rope to secure them around his body, he flips him over face down and places his backpack upside down under Lodissio's right armpit. He does likewise with Alain's emptied pack for the left armpit. Finally, he ties the remainder of the rope around the satyr's thick wrists (now overlapped into an 'X') and in turn ties them snugly to the rope wrapped around his waist. He then tests the straps of one of the packs by lifting one side of Lodissio's body and offers the slightest of satisfactory smiles at the result.

"One more at the feet, err, hooves, and we got it...I think...", he says more to himself than to any of the others. The look on his face clearly shows his disbelief as to the existence of such an unusual creature as Lodissio.

He turns from the almost mummified satyr to look for the third offered pack.

((If it has been offered. And seeing how the scouting roles are taken, Stocker will help carry Lodissio.))
Last edited by Mad Skipper on Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Uninterested by what lies inside Lodissio's backpack, Jarryd takes a deep breath "Nothing in this bag to help the situation" he says with a dissapointed tone in his voice.

He then starts packing the groups belongings inside Lodissio's backpack. "I will take care of them bags while you carry him. I also can go ahead of you ... to make sure the way is clear..."

With that he grabs his and Lodissio's bag, and starts walking, feeiling his chain mail armor to be cold to the extreme. "I hope we don't die in this wasteland, frozen to death....may the gods be with us" he says to himself, quietly looking at the ground.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain looks down at his scattered equipment in puzzlement. He then takes his two large sacks and begins placing his equipment inside. He will then ties the ends together with his hemp rope and sling them over his shoulder.
"Not nearly as comfortable as the pack, but it should work." he says.
He then looks to the group to see where he can be of assistance. If needed he will bear some of lodissio's weight.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana smiles gratefully and pulls the heavier clothes on.

"I'm happy to help carry him! and any other stuff I can fit in my bag"

Shana will help as much as she can, but she isn't overly strong...
Le Noir Faineant

So, I assume the party moves on...

In which direction to you proceed? - Since it's impossible to tell the cosmological directions [no idea how that works in RL, btw, :wink: ] do you move...

A) backwards

B) forward

C) to the left

or

D) to the right...

[Sorry for so many decissions... This is a crucial moment...]
Mad Skipper
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Mad Skipper »

Stocker looks to both Nicholas and Shana. "Let's do this, hey? He looks to be top heavy, so we'll have to make sure both shoulders come up at the same time. Otherwise the straps might tear. Ready? On three we lift. One...two...three!"

((Avra, Jarryd, and Tavian are going ahead of us, right? So I guess we've no choice but to follow them and or their tracks.))
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

I am going forward, away from the mists.
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

OCC: Sorry, busy with school. Still here. :)

------

"I am sorry - there was nothing else I could volunteer: your solutions are wonderful. I am amazed you can still think straight in the weather. I still have a fair amout of room in my bag. I can take the books, Jarrys. That wil lightnen your load quite a bit. As for Lodissio's axes - we can simply lay them flat underneath him: two blankets should help make that more comfortable. I can take the dagger myself."

Avra looks around. "When you get tired of carrying him, I will gladly take any of your places." Avra rubs his arms. The man is obviously taking great pains to conceal his exteme discomfort in the cold.

"Any direction seems as good as any other at this point.I can make out no tracks or other signs. If nothing else, perhaps we can take whatever direction will keep the winds at our backs - it should be less taxing that way."

He looks over and realises that a decision needs to be made, even the wrong one: movement is the only thing that may save them. "Let us go this way until we see any sighn suggesting another course." Without waiting for a reply, Avra starts walking in the direction that would keep the wind at their backs as much as possible. 9Unless someone else has a better idea. :) )
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/