Curse of the Witch-King OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Curse of the Witch-King OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:Klokulf puts his face in his hand, and gives an exhausted shake of his head. Meeting Kat's gaze, he remarks, "When we get back to Zhentil Keep, I don't want to trouble Alwina with the details of my proximity to that creature."

Romanced by a Roper

a novel by Klokulf Blix

He was sworn to serve none but Bane, but could the priest resist the sticky, seductive caresses of the Beast from Below?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I've gone ahead and ended the chapter. We can pick up again sometime after Christmas Day.

Sound good?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Note: If you interrogated the stinkscales (survivors Alain bound), let me know. And give me a diplomacy , bluff, or intimidate roll, depending on what approach you used.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain will do a Diplo Check as he has +8 mod in that, if that does not seem to work his +8 in Bluff will be next .

0 +8= 23 on the Diplomacy Check total without any other Mods that may apply that me as player may not know about .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

They don't share a language with him, but Klokulf can translate. And Klokulf is skilled at diplomacy and persuasion as well as interrgoation, so I'll leave that excellent result you rolled intact.

The stinkscales tell you
VIEW CONTENT:
Merry Christmas!

Just kidding.

They tell you that the Sign of Laogzed (the roper) ate their shaman because he displaced the god. Then it took over their lair and sent them to raid the surface world. Now that it has been destroyed, they see that Laogzed has punished them enough. Time to return to the deep earth. They will 'swear by iron' to leave the 'shallows' and not trouble the local "softskins' any further.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

So what was the treasure then ? As I see no sign of what it is in OOC at all and what are our actual divisions of the treasure is ie. Gems Items Etc.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Experimentation reveals that the 'incense sticks' are smoke-sticks, two of 'em.

DETECT MAGIC reveals that the wand and scroll are both magical.

Suit of full plate, in good condition once cleaned up and some spots of rust removed. Nonmagical but valuable.

READ MAGIC tells you what is on the scroll: see invisibility, three copies on one scroll ( 2nd level spell, as 3rd level caster)

Several days of experimentation and study (and skills rolls, assumed) reveal the function of the wand: It shoots magic missiles.

Division (suggested)

Klokulf
scroll of see invisibility, three copies, (2nd level Sorc/Wiz spell, as 3rd caster level)
wand of magic missile (1st level)

Fala
848 gp in raw gold and silver, coinage
smokestick

Alain
868 in raw gold and silver, coinage

Katrin
848 gp in raw gold and silver, coinage
smokestick

reserve the armor as party treasure, to be gifted or sold later, as it seems unlikely that any of these PCs will don heavy armor. Klokulf left out of this division.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

As PCs have levelled up, I will start again once I have the new, updated sheets in my inbox.
Take however much time you need.

Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

ewancummins wrote:Division (suggested)

Klokulf
scroll of see invisibility, three copies, (2nd level Sorc/Wiz spell, as 3rd caster level)
wand of magic missile (1st level)
This sounds alright. How many charges are on the wand?
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

He Told me it is Full Charges(50)
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Excellent.

I think Klokulf should begin the process of copying see invisibility into his spellbook. It will take a DC 17 Spellcraft check after a day of studying to be able to copy the spell.
Spellcraft (+11):
The copying will take another day, so that will probably not happen immediately.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

So thinking at least a week until we doing anything . Alain plans on seeing to the selling of the Plate Mail the party got as part of treasure . Also Alain and Fala are looking to convert if possible Raw Coinage treasure into something more portable if not all at least majority of it .
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Once Klokulf can pray for spells on the day of the underground battle, he can prepare three lesser restoration spells (two in 3rd level slots). That would allow him to restore 3d4 points to his Strength score that day.
That leaves 4 points, one of which can be restored by rest. Next afternoon, he can try for the last three with another casting of lesser restoration. As long as it doesn't affect the time frame of the trip, he could be persuaded to rest an additional day and copy over the spell.

How long can we afford to spend here and still complete the journey (with some multi-day stops) before the rent payment in Zhentil Keep runs out?
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Referring back to page 3, a few days won't be a problem, as you decided to allow for two months.

Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Wolfglide wrote:
ewancummins wrote:Probably more like a fortnight, given terrain and conditions.
. . .
Add at least seven days sailing' to Hulburg, as any vessel you purchase passage on will make a few trade stops along the way, following a coastal route.
So approximately a month and a half for the whole trip, not including exploratory time? I should think we will be back before two months are out, then.
Right, now I see. That gives us about two weeks of leeway. Klokulf can copy down the spell over the course of the next two days, but will want to explore the Darkling stair immediately afterward and move on.
ewancummins wrote:GATHER INFO RESULTS

1 a hunter has brought word of an armed party, maybe twenty strong, coming from the north and camping two nights ago in bush--seem not to have come into town

2 shepherds complain of missing livestock

3 foul-smelling tracks discovered near an abandoned farm a week ago
I think we took care of the missing animals and strange tracks. This rest might be a good time to make sure the armed company that camped outside of town has moved on.