RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Awesome.

PS, we have a really bad track record of letting minors get corrupted by shapeshifters. And given how many of the PCs have children now, I don't like our odds... :lucas:

Ravenloft family values!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

So Juergin wil not be offended in any way if the children are afraid of him, it is not his first rodeo so to speak. And he will respect Benn's wishes inside Benn's abode.

PS if the children do ask him questions about his mask he might need a little help in that department from Benn or Dorgio. (SHark Teeth and weird mustache tendril)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Would Benn have invited Kat to the party?
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Would Benn have invited Kat to the party?

Charlotte would have suggested that.
It's up to Adam, though.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

steveflam wrote:So Juergin wil not be offended in any way if the children are afraid of him, it is not his first rodeo so to speak. And he will respect Benn's wishes inside Benn's abode.

PS if the children do ask him questions about his mask he might need a little help in that department from Benn or Dorgio. (SHark Teeth and weird mustache tendril)
...mustache tendrils? Good lord.

As for Kat, I don't remember whether we had some sort of conflict. If not (and possibly even if so, it has been several years) then sure you're invited. Bennedict works with Ignatz and Juergin is currently in the house, so there's no way you're the most shady guest present.
Last edited by Adam on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Also on an semi-related note: I had Van Richten use a version of Benn's "Allergen Tester" invention on one of my PCs (who is the 4th edition race Shifter) in my currently running Curse of Strahd game. That gave me a meta-grin so wide, and the only tragedy was that no one else got why it made me so happy. Which is a shame for them, because if they had read anything related to this game and saw what a bastard Ewan can be, they'd be better prepared for the sort of bullshit that Strahd has pulled on them so far in game.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:
steveflam wrote:So Juergin wil not be offended in any way if the children are afraid of him, it is not his first rodeo so to speak. And he will respect Benn's wishes inside Benn's abode.

...mustache tendrils? Good lord.

As for Kat, I don't remember whether we had some sort of conflict. If not (and possibly even if so, it has been several years) then sure you're invited. Bennedict works with Ignatz and Juergin is currently in the house, so there's no way you're the most shady guest present.

As I recall, she got on fine with Benn.

She was part of the team that defeated Jenny Greenteeth, along with Raen and Sara.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Also on an semi-related note: I had Van Richten use a version of Benn's "Allergen Tester" invention on one of my PCs (who is the 4th edition race Shifter) in my currently running Curse of Strahd game. That gave me a meta-grin so wide, and the only tragedy was that no one else got why it made me so happy. Which is a shame for them, because if they had read anything related to this game and saw what a bastard Ewan can be, they'd be better prepared for the sort of bullshit that Strahd has pulled on them so far in game.

:azalin:

Good times.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

[dice]0[/dice]

+13 Gather info

[dice]1[/dice]

FFor finding magical items+15

[dice]2[/dice]

Profession Roll +10
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Results:

Thom's printing business is lagging. Nothing dire yet, but he could use a new book that sold well, a big new contract, something like that. Small debts are mounting. Competition is getting sharp, too.

He has found some alchemists and " adventurers" (tomb robbers and scoundrels) who will sell him potions, scrolls, and other items of purportedly magical nature. Some of these may be had through Carson's Curios, a shop in the city.
It would be a bad idea to get a wizard, or someone with specialized appraisal skills, to double check any such purchases.

As for the burglar case
VIEW CONTENT:
a scrawled note thrust into the hands of Thom or a paid snoop, at a meeting in some dim tavern, reads:
The burglar takes his loot over the river, Eastside.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Its a bad idea to hire a wizard or it wouldnt be a bad idea?
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:Its a bad idea to hire a wizard or it wouldnt be a bad idea?

Not a bad idea.

Does he know any wizards or occultists?

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

In other unrelated news, I started this https://mistsoverthemusarde.obsidianportal.com/
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:In other unrelated news, I started this https://mistsoverthemusarde.obsidianportal.com/
Cool.

I have an account, but I barely use it.

It is good to have a reference.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Yes, Kat was a little wary around Benn but they got on fine