POVERO Chapter Six

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: POVERO Chapter Six

Post by VAN »

"Too risky to stay out right now, too many search for us. They are also Hoblin guards after us."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Turning to Elissa "So sorry Lady Elissa. Looks like you are right, we were betrayed. We'll being you back to the estate."

She frowns, and it readily apparent she is very unsatisfied with what has transpired. Somebody Aldron trusted was untrustworthy.

Now they wouldn't be paid and their evening was lost.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE PARK

ELISSA turns to Alfonse with a questioning look. Her face appears deathly pale in the moonlight.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse shakes his head in irritation. "Give me a moment to think," he mutters. Eventually he says "Do you know if anyone stands to gain from your death, Miss Elissa? If we don't know who has foiled us, I don't know where we can put you to keep you safe."

He ticks one finger. "If we take you back near your home, and someone from inside your household is the traitor, you'll be in danger. If not, you'll be safe, but we'll likely not have another chance to unite you and Richard."

He ticks the second. "If we take you to Aldron, he can try to set up a meet and we can at least regroup and try to figure out what happened. But if he or someone in his household betrayed you, we're playing into his hands."

He ticks a third. "Or, we could take you to Richard. But..." and he hesitates... "...his house and yours are feuding. They won't take kindly to your being there at all, and it's possible that Richard or a member of his family set all this up to escalate the feud."

He shakes his head again. "It may be safer to go to ground with you, as suggested."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE PARK

Adam wrote:Alfonse shakes his head in irritation. "Give me a moment to think," he mutters. Eventually he says "Do you know if anyone stands to gain from your death, Miss Elissa? If we don't know who has foiled us, I don't know where we can put you to keep you safe."

He ticks one finger. "If we take you back near your home, and someone from inside your household is the traitor, you'll be in danger. If not, you'll be safe, but we'll likely not have another chance to unite you and Richard."

He ticks the second. "If we take you to Aldron, he can try to set up a meet and we can at least regroup and try to figure out what happened. But if he or someone in his household betrayed you, we're playing into his hands."

He ticks a third. "Or, we could take you to Richard. But..." and he hesitates... "...his house and yours are feuding. They won't take kindly to your being there at all, and it's possible that Richard or a member of his family set all this up to escalate the feud."

He shakes his head again. "It may be safer to go to ground with you, as suggested."
"Oh, my! It's all very scary and confusing. I think... I think my cousin Trea could maybe help me. You met her when she was shopping, if I understood her story correctly. So maybe we should flee now, before those villains find us, and hide in that place GERTIE mentioned? Then, um, get word to Trea somehow? She's clever and can be trusted to keep secrets. Maybe she can help us figure this out. I'm really not sure who would want to kill me. The Savelles don't get along at all with my family, but this? This isn't like the pranks and brawls I remember."
She frowns.
"The one thing I know is that Richard would never hurt me. It cannot be him."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Tunnels it is. I can try to find Trea tomorrow if thats ok?"
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"How do we know that place will be empty?" he asks, grabbing hold of Ghertie's sleeve.

He turns back to Elissa. "Do you think we could get you to your cousin now? Or would more of your house's guards be there waiting for us?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE PARK

Adam wrote:"How do we know that place will be empty?" he asks, grabbing hold of Ghertie's sleeve.

He turns back to Elissa. "Do you think we could get you to your cousin now? Or would more of your house's guards be there waiting for us?"
ELISSA says,
"She's staying at Holbin House. I don't know how many guards would be there now, but some, I'm sure. Uh, hadn't we better leave?"

She casts nervous glances at the trees.

Gem growls, looking in the general direction of the stone circle ( which lies well out of sight).

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Titus attempts to scoop Fild under his arm and run.

"Time to fly like the eagle, my friend!"
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"We will leave and talk as walking. I can go first and check if the cabin is empty. I think Hoblin's estate will have guards that will immediately take Elissa at their custody."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

The Alley:
Fild, dazed from the near-fatal hit growls an agreement in pain, letting himself being unceremoniously dragged, as he try to stem the flow of blood with a handkerchief.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:Titus attempts to scoop Fild under his arm and run.

"Time to fly like the eagle, my friend!"

THE ALLEY

TITUS seizes the gnome and bolts. The Holbin guards try to trip and tackle him, but the priest ducks, weaves, sprints clear.
He thuds down the street, burdened by the extra load but inspired to speed by imminent danger.

Titus skids to a halt, wheezing, minutes later.
He looks about.
No guards. Just empty streets, darkened fronts of shops and houses.
This seems to be some part of the Market District.

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Titus sets down Fild.

"Oh Speaker's wisdom that was a close one."

He notices Fild's injuries. When he catches his breath, he conjures a healing spell to stop the bleeding.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:Titus sets down Fild.

"Oh Speaker's wisdom that was a close one."

He notices Fild's injuries. When he catches his breath, he conjures a healing spell to stop the bleeding.

THE MARKET DISTRICT
Nighttime

Chimes toll THE HOUR BEFORE midnight.
( It has been less than an hour since the burglars snatched Elissa Holbin from her window).

As the echo of bells fades, Titus hears footsteps behind him.
He's just finished his prayer to heal the gnome.
Turning, he sees a figure approaching in the open street, less than twenty feet distant.
Not a guard-- looks like a woman in a lightweight cloak. She casts it back as she steps closer, revealing scanty leather clothing underneath.
Rubbing her thighs and bare midriff, the plump harlot gyrates and moans.

" See anything you like? Ooooooh!"
She sounds tired and bored.

Damien steps into view.
" Get lost."

The woman frowns. Then she stalks off, muttering to herself.

Damien says to the others,
" Should we go to the rendezvous now? We are late. But the others might have made it on time."

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"Right, to the hunting cabin then," Alfonse says, "Let's hope maybe we can get some tiny bit of luck tonight."