POVERO Chapter Three

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: POVERO Chapter Three

Post by VAN »

"I second Fild, lets tell him that we agree to take the mission and then we can discuss the details among ourselves. Oh and Gertie believe me I will be way more subtle now, I will not repeat the other night's event."
Last edited by VAN on Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:
ewancummins wrote:Damien looks up from his cards as Gertie finishes.
He cocks an eyebrow and grins.
Then he returns his attention to laying out the cards.
Gertie grins back. She moves to sit with him and says "Show me how to play cards."

Damien laughs. He shuffles the deck.
"Okay, Gertie."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

She sits and pays attention.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse steeples his fingers, looking around to the others. "It seems we're of an accord, but I want to remind everyone of something. This is a city, with civilized folk living in it. There are, despite what some think, laws here. We got ridiculously lucky last time that Titus was present to heal the man who was shot, or some of you may have ended up dangling from the end of a rope, today. I trust that nothing like that will happen again. If we are agreed on this point, let's speak to Aldron and get the mission underway."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Damien pauses in his laying out of the cards.
"Right, signore, we all agree on that, I'm sure. And we get paid more if it gets done less violence." He smiles,and nudges Gertie.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gertie nudges him back, grinning. "I said exactly the same thing about no killing," shrugging, she turns her attention back to the cards and Damien.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse shrugs. "Right, well, let's be about it then," he says, thinking and won't this make a lovely tale of how I expanded my magical abilities when I return to the college.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Well, not sure if the city will be the same by the end of this. I'm doing it mostly for the money... but also to help those two and Lord Aldron. Despite what Gertie things, considering our standing compared to Alfonse and Titus and his status... to be even talking to us in a place that others see him talking to us... he's a good not snobbish lad.

Actually he reminds me one elf my grandfather talked about from his own sojourn. As most of you know" he said looking at the half-elf "elves are as snobbish or more so, than high class rich humans! Well, that elf found my grandfather hungry, really hungry, and helped. And didn't hold it over him like many would do. Since elves live for so long, we should eventually seek that elf and introduce him to Lord Aldron! They will make good non-snobbish friends. "
Fild says quite commonly derailing from the subject.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Damien deals Gertie another hand.
He remarks," Fild's right, Gertie. Most nobs wouldn't treat us all half this well. Master Folbre's been downright friendly. Might be because you and Tom waded in and helped him in that fight."

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Damien deals Gertie another hand.
He remarks," Fild's right, Gertie. Most nobs wouldn't treat us all half this well. Master Folbre's been downright friendly. Might be because you and Tom waded in and helped him in that fight."
Gertie replies "Might be so. I still think we are all the same, no matter who is your mother or father. But.. hey, that's just me and my silly ideas I suppose."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:
ewancummins wrote:Damien deals Gertie another hand.
Gertie replies "Might be so. I still think we are all the same, no matter who is your mother or father. But.. hey, that's just me and my silly ideas I suppose."
Damien shrugs." I'm sure I've never heard such a strange idea, Gertie. Everybody the same? I'm glad that's not true. If it were, everybody would be poor. That would leave us all out of work. Bad fishing."

THIEVES CANT

VIEW CONTENT:
No decent work for us thieves.

"I guess Fild could go back to plumbing, if anybody could afford to hire him."
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon May 02, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

THIEVES CANT

Gertie giggles "No decent work for thieves? He he he."

"I guess I won't have any work, then hah."
Last edited by steveflam on Tue May 03, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

AFTER ALDRON returns...

Master Folbre grins when informed that the party has accepted his commission.

''Excellent! We can start right away. No time to waste, with the probability of a forced marriage looming over poor Elissa. Now, I have got some partial plans for Holbin House, a marketplace map I sketched, a recent typical schedule for Elissa, and a portrait. All that came from my previous efforts at arranging this lovers' rendezvous by other means. But I haven't been able to get a message to Elissa recently. Too many snooping servants, and since the last message passed from Richard via me and my servant's cousin who's a maid in the household, half her staff has been rotated. So you'll have to make of all this what you will. I won't tell you how to get it done. Just do it. If you have incidental expenses, I can help with those. And I've arranged a secret rendezvous with the priest who will perform the ceremony, so you won't need to worry about that. I suppose Titus can register anyway, as backup. This marriage is the one chance at happiness for Richard and Elissa, and I'm risking a lot to help them. So are you. So anything we can do to assure it works is good, although we must act with haste."

He lays a small locket on the table. He flips open the silver filigree cover and displays the portrait of a young lady.

"This was painted a couple of years ago. It's a good likeness, though I don't think he got the hue of her eyes quite right. Elissa stands about so tall--"
He holds up his hands to indicate a woman somewhat less than five and a half feet tall.
"And she's partial to blue dresses."
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue May 03, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse taps his upper lip thoughtfully, suggesting to the group "If the staff has been rotated, then perhaps a few of our members in disguise won't be as likely to be noticed?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Alfonse taps his upper lip thoughtfully, suggesting to the group "If the staff has been rotated, then perhaps a few of our members in disguise won't be as likely to be noticed?"
Damien nods.
''We've only been in the city a few days. Not many people know us by names and faces. Add a disguise to that... So, yeah, I think even simple disguises would work real good. Err.. well? Anyway, it's a good idea."