POVERO

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: POVERO

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Alfonse sighs. "And what do you want me doing during all of this? I'm not exactly equipped to scale walls."

The man at the door looks in ALFONSE'S direction. (The wizardling remains hidden behind vines--or does he?)

He takes a step out, looks about, shakes his head.
He turns around and calls into the house "Must be birds in the vines again, eating those sour grapes. Har-har-har!"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

GERTIE flattens herself against the low angled roof of loose tiles and tosses powder down into the man's face.
But she misses his eyes.
He sneezes and looks up.
"Whaaaaaaa?"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Seeing the man outside the house and his sister at the roof Tom gets his bow and fires an arrow at the man.

"Fild, I will stay and shoot from here, I'm better with the bow anyway."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Seeing the man outside the house and his sister at the roof Tom gets his bow and fires an arrow at the man.

"Fild, I will stay and shoot from here, I'm better with the bow anyway."

TOM

Fild sprints into the line of fire, waving his little sword.

Tom pulls the shot high. His arrow flies over Fild and strikes the back of the human man's head. The man slumps in the doorway.

Too low and he'd have hit Fild. Too high, maybe his sister.
But he shot just so.

FILD

Tom said something. Covering fire? But, hey, hey, FIGHT!
Racing forward, Fild stumbles on a stone in the weeds, and swings flat-bladed at the man's hip.
The man slumps down in the doorway, not moving. Blood trickles from his head.
But Fild never touched him.
Then he spots the arrow quivering in the door panel, high up.

GERTIE (rooftop)

She sees Tom move into the stalls. He vanished in the shadows.
Then the gnome breaks from cover and runs at the back of the sneezing man.
He swings and the man falls out of her sight, blocked by the edge of the roof.
And what was that "snick" sound she heard a second before?

ALFONSE

The gnome and Tom both move. Tom darts into a stall and pulls his bow. Didn't he whisper something about shooting?
The gnome runs at the man standing with his back to the yard. He fumbles his blow -- but the man goes down when something hits him in the head.
It came from the direction of Tom's hiding spot.
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild is actually surprised. "Waaaay to eager to kill each other humans!" he calls to Tom. He bolts to the side of the door and takes coves from the door-frame, side on the wall, shield held in front of him, ready to hack the back of the legs, not kill, anyone rushing out.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

GERTIE (rooftop)

Gertie pulls herself up and tries to look down, seeing how everyone else is doing. She readies her climbing dagger to climb back down unless there is a second floor here

and she can climb in through a second floor window. The chimney appears to be emitting smoke, telling her there is a fire in the fireplace below.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:
GERTIE (rooftop)

Gertie pulls herself up and tries to look down, seeing how everyone else is doing. She readies her climbing dagger to climb back down unless there is a second floor here

and she can climb in through a second floor window. The chimney appears to be emitting smoke, telling her there is a fire in the fireplace below.
No second floor.
At most there might be an attic space.
But she does not immediately see a way in through the roof.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom didn't expect Fild to move before he shoots his arrow, so he just aims high hoping to not miss! He exhales heavily when the arrow strikes the man and not the gnome!

He knocks another arrow at his bow and is ready to attack if someone else gets out.

"Surrender! Come out with your hands where I can see them and unarmed."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Since they got up shouting for Surrender, Fild picks it up. "No need for more bloodshed humans! You're surrounded by the "Blades of Povero", the deadliest mercenaries in this part! You're outnumbered and outmatched. Surrender, and we will show mercy. "
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse mutters, "Oh, for the love of..." before reaching into his memory, calling forth the quick incantation to summon sounds. Around the cabin, the sound of swords banging on shields echoes out.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Alfonse mutters, "Oh, for the love of..." before reaching into his memory, calling forth the quick incantation to summon sounds. Around the cabin, the sound of swords banging on shields echoes out.
THE FIGHT AT THE OLD WINERY

As the wizard uses only a weak incantation, an apprentice's trick, the noise isn't so very loud or expansive. It sounds less like a squad of soldiers swords beating shields around the house than like the clink of armor and weapons as a heavily armed man creeps through the vines.
A window opens and a man's face appears, peeking out towards the vines from whence comes the conjured noise.
He shouts back into the house "I can't see him, but I hear a man in mail!"
Other voices rise in the house. ''Lunk's dead, I think!" 'Mercs!"
One man rushes out into the back yard, stepping over Lunk and moving past the gnome.

Before Fild can strike at the man's legs, the goon spins and hits him in the head with his cudgel, a glancing blow.
It hurts.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild angrily hacks at the back of the man that hit him, delivering a wound to his lower back as he retreats in the house.
Still a bit dizzy, he shouts "Let's go for plan B then Blades! Let's set this place on fire! See if they prefer to be cooked like bread in the oven or come out and surrender."
My DMGuild work!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse peeks his head out from behind cover, shaking his head frantically at Fild. "We're in a city you idiot," he whispers, "The guard tends to frown on ARSON."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild looks towards the wizard, smiles and gives him a wink, letting him now he was bluffing.
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Fild looks towards the wizard, smiles and gives him a wink, letting him now he was bluffing.
At that moment, another arrow flies from the stall. It slams into the doorpost near Fild's head. Something stings his nose. Cloth rips. The club man falls through the door, shouting. Someone inside slams it in Fild's face.
The arrow stuck in the doorpost hangs broken, a torn bit of the man's shirt pinned to it.

Fild
VIEW CONTENT:
will find a splinter stuck in his nose, although he may not realize this now, in the heat of action.