Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: POVERO

Post by VAN »

Tom just smiles.

"We will see what we can do."

He goes first inside the inn holding his dog with the chain close to him so it will not get away when smells food. Tom takes a good look at the common room and studies the patrons as well before deciding to pick a table.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse leads the mule around to the stable. He reaches into a pocket and fishes out a copper piece. "Hello?" he shouts in through the door. "Anybody working today? My mule could use a berth for the evening."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

COMMON ROOM OF
THE FRISKY FRIAR

Guests sit on benches and chairs arranged around low wooden tables, some alone and others gathered in small groups. Most of these people resemble the ordinary sort of travelers of the party has encountered in its recent road trip, but without all the dust on their boots and cloaks. They sip from mugs, munch roast nuts, play cards, converse with their fellows, or just relax in the cool ,shaded common room.
Only a tiny fire burns in the large stone hearth that dominates the left hand wall. The warm weather outside hardly calls for a big blaze.
To the right, a bank of small windows set with open shutters admit fresh air and filtered sunlight. A corridor beyond the Windows opens onto aces denying stairs.
Straight ahead, across the broad rectangle of the room, a counter stands between the open floor and two closed doors in the far wall, portals that may lead to deeper chambers.
Nobody appears to be on duty at the counter, but if members of the party look about the room, they may identify a young woman in a dress and apron carrying a tray as a servant.
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Alfonse leads the mule around to the stable. He reaches into a pocket and fishes out a copper piece. "Hello?" he shouts in through the door. "Anybody working today? My mule could use a berth for the evening."

The young woman in the apron sets down a mug and plate from her tray in front of a man who sits with his back to the front door.
She then hastens over to Alfonse.
The pretty brunette curtsies.
"I'll have Theo see to your mule, good master. Would you care to sit?"
She motions toward the nearest empty seat.
Then she lifts her fingers to her mouth, twists toward the counter at the back of the room, and whistles like a Gnomish teakettle.
"Theo! Stables!"

A moment later, a skinny boy in a breechclout and shabby doublet hops up from behind the counter. He rubs his eyes, yawning."Coming!"
He hops over the counter like a monkey, and dashes barefoot across the floor to where Alfonse stands.
"I will treat your beast like the steed of a mighty Prince! Direct me, master!"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild ignores the waitress and just picks a chair, puts a pillow on it to make it taller and sits his diminutive form on it. He still barely comes above the table and eating would be uncomfortable but he doesn't notice any "small people" seats.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Seeing nothing exceptional Tom joins Fild at the table the gnome picked.

Gem barks once making many heads turn before Van pats his head.

"Down boy, we will be served soon. I'm hungry as well."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The two servants, joined by a third-- a lumbering fellow with a dull expression-- attend to the party's needs. Theo stables beasts (not the dog, which is welcome in the common room). The girl, who gives her name as Branca, waits upon them. And the big man , who doesn't speak even to give his name, carries baggage as needed.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom orders for himself and Gertie a good meal and asks if they ahve any leftovers for Gem and a bowl of cold water from which the dog can drink.

When they are alone he says:

"Well, this inn seems decent my friends, I would say get rooms here and tomorrow take a city toor.
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Let's ask for prices first" Fild says and inquires about prices for rooms, saying to Branca that he doesn't mind sharing a room with up to 3-4 people but he wants a bed, not a corner in the common room.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:"Let's ask for prices first" Fild says and inquires about prices for rooms, saying to Branca that he doesn't mind sharing a room with up to 3-4 people but he wants a bed, not a corner in the common room.
Branca informs the gnome that one silver penny a day will cover accommodations in the common room along with three meals. Two pennies fetches a small room upstairs, as well as the meals. Three gets the food and a private chamber of larger size-- but just now there is only one such available. Stabling fees are included for guests (one animal per guest) at no extra charge so long as there is space in the stalls.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom nods and asks his sister:

"Do you mind if we take a room altogether? Otherwise we can get a room just the two of us. I don't think the other patrons will take it lightly if you sneak in and out from the window..."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"That's ok, Tom. Cheaper that way."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse flips Theo a Fallaro as he heads out to the stable. "See that he gets a warm spot. He'll give you a nip in the morning if you don't." He rubs his arm where he was similarly informed of the beast's displeasure recently.

He sits down with the others as the order is placed, asking for a glass of wine and whatever food is affordable. He learned long ago to tolerate inn food, but he still couldn't quite bring himself to choke down the swill most roadhouses passed off as "ale."

"So, remind me again," Alfonse says once the servers are out of earshot, "Why are we in this place, again? Dare I hope that it might actually involve us landing on the right side of the law, this time?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom takes a bite of his bread and says:

"If by landing on the right side of the law you mean help the authorities find people or be bodyguards I cannot agree with you more my friend. But of course staying at this lovely inn costs, and a lot if you have noticed...and I'm not that rich myself so I might need a sidejob to pay for the room tomorrow. To get my information business started as was doing in our hometown when I had the name of the one you go when you seek information or someone needs time. But alas time means food and sleep. Do you have another way to get money perhaps?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:Tom takes a bite of his bread and says:

"If by landing on the right side of the law you mean help the authorities find people or be bodyguards I cannot agree with you more my friend. But of course staying at this lovely inn costs, and a lot if you have noticed...and I'm not that rich myself so I might need a sidejob to pay for the room tomorrow. To get my information business started as was doing in our hometown when I had the name of the one you go when you seek information or someone needs time. But alas time means food and sleep. Do you have another way to get money perhaps?"
Gertie nips at her bread, as a person who is not accustomed to having food. "Well, I know we don't have lots of coin, Tom," and she hums abit, tapping her feet, "But if we share a room,

it is not that much quite frankly. Maybe tomorrow we could find a cheaper place. I do agree we need to find work."