Birthright 3: The Worm's Supper, Chapter 5

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright 3: The Worm's Supper, Chapter 5

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Knowing that he has triggered a trap and possibly an alarm Filbert lights a candle, goes for the falcon and for any other easily accessible jewerly nearby.
INSIDE THE USURER'S HOUSE

FILBERT seizes the golden falcon and a handful of the most valuable looking of the several items of jewelry in the cabinet.

He hears something creak, like rusty hinges. He feels a cold breeze blowing low over the floor, and his candle flame blows out in the sudden draft.

Something growls...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

After making sure nobody heard the whole thing, Termelan hurries to inform his boss that they should make haste. He rushes to the rope and climbs with agility... till he grasps a part that has been covered with ice. Gasping with surprise the bard tumbles backwards. In his effort to stifle a cry of alarm he doesn't effectively turn to soften the blow and hits hard the earth.
He whimpers for a bit, looking at the skies and thinking whether that's his punishment for his involvement in the crime. Still, no time to waste. He limpers back to the rope and starts climbing, more cautiously this time.

Once he reaches the window he looks inside. He doesn't expect to see something special in the pitch dark. He lets a slow whistle, a pre-arranged signal and strains to listen for Filbert. That the watch appeared could be coincidence. Could be because of trouble though.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Filbert rushes at the window barely noticing the whistle. When he spots Termelan points down and says:

"Time to go, hurry!!!"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Unable to see the invisible Halfling, Termelan said "The watch arrived. I put them to sleep. Do you have the falcon my lord?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes, lets go, I triggered the alarm and something bad is happening in the room..."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Do you have a bag you want me to take sir? If you leave it on the window, I can grab it" Termelan said. Taking whatever Filbert directed him to pick up, Termelan eased himself back down.
"Will we meet back at the Inn? I... want to wake up the guards so they won't freeze to death. Risky, I know. " he said to the Halfling from below. "If you agree, take back the bag"
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I will do it, they cannot see me. You can wait in the distance if you want. By the time they get up and realize what happened we will be gone."
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Lord Filbert, to wake them up, you have to hit them. That will break the invisibility. I'll just throw a pebble to one from afar and then run away as he wakes up. "
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Makes sense, ok then we will meet at the inn."
- W H A T ! ? !
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Searchers

Roald eyes the heavy door for a moment, then glances at the others. "Anyone want to give it a knock and see if anyone's home?"
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

FILBERT AND TERMELAN

A TERRIBLE HOWL fills the night air. It seems to be coming from just the other side of the high wall around the USURER'S house.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"That's our cue my friend! Do your thing as fast as you can and run!"

Filbert runs towards the inn without waiting to see what did the howl.
- W H A T ! ? !
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

SAFANA
''I think you and I can begin the matter, Mistress Safana. The half-man is by all accounts a most amusing fellow, but there are things a fellow student of the magical arts may understand better. Let me be frank. I have learned of the troubles in Haes and something of the supernatural element in that business. This--",
he indicates the scroll,
"Comes as no great surprise. Your lord wishes to call upon my aid, yes?"
Safana gives a courteous nod

"That is exactly correct, Archmage. It seems the the troubles that beset our town of late come from deeper causes than an old witch, and are connected, we believe to another spellcaster who is rumoured to have crossed you in the past. My Lord was hoping that common cause might be made against this menace, or at least that your advice might be gained in how to deal with the situation."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:SAFANA
''I think you and I can begin the matter, Mistress Safana. The half-man is by all accounts a most amusing fellow, but there are things a fellow student of the magical arts may understand better. Let me be frank. I have learned of the troubles in Haes and something of the supernatural element in that business. This--",
he indicates the scroll,
"Comes as no great surprise. Your lord wishes to call upon my aid, yes?"
Safana gives a courteous nod

"That is exactly correct, Archmage. It seems the the troubles that beset our town of late come from deeper causes than an old witch, and are connected, we believe to another spellcaster who is rumoured to have crossed you in the past. My Lord was hoping that common cause might be made against this menace, or at least that your advice might be gained in how to deal with the situation."
"Which spellcaster?"

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

SAFANA

"I am not aware of his name, Archmage, but he is popularly referred to as "The Manslayer".