CONFIRMED: Ravenloft for 5th Edition

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: CONFIRMED: Ravenloft for 5th Edition

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

alhoon wrote:Anyway, so we can have the Gazetteers in PDF at last?
The Gazetteers as searchable, printable PDFs would be glorious.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

Is my Out of the Abyss missing something? There was no "synopsis" or index. It literally took until 2/3 of the way through the book before they mentioned the demon lords were summoned.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

:?
They... mentioned it from the beginning. It makes the underdark go gaga. It also is the reason demons attack and the PCs escape.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

alhoon wrote::?
They... mentioned it from the beginning. It makes the underdark go gaga. It also is the reason demons attack and the PCs escape.

*I* Know why it is happening, but reading straight through there is nothing that says where the Demon Lords show up from in my copy until you need to retrieve the ritual book. No mention of Gromph before then at all, a ritual, or anything else. The only thing pre-adventure is the little bit about doing it in whatever order floats your boat. Was there the usual "synopsis/DM only" thing that is normally a page or two, because mine certainly didn't have it. Immediately turned me off to the adventure because I had to read 2/3 of it as the dm to get the basic plot for what had been happening the entire time. Only reason I knew what was going on was the brief mention on the back of the book and the amazon synopsis. Very frustrating.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Well... it wasn't a synopsis. You couldn't know what was happening until you read it all.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

One of the main Adventurers League admins just posted this DM's chart on social media. Beautiful.

"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Hell_Born
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hell_Born »

tryst_91 wrote:Wow, just got to the background for Madame Eva..... Definitely dont agree with that change..... To each their own but I much prefer the mysterious original. I cant find hardly any info on dusk elves aside from a couple mentions. Seems like they should have their own entry
On the dusk elves, the main bit of lore is towards the end of chapter 5 - section N9 (Vistani Camp), on page 119. They're described as basically wood elves with dark skin and hair.
"Is there any word more meaningless than 'hope'? Besides 'blarfurgsnarg,' of course."

"Seek and Locate! Locate and Destroy! Destroy and Rejoice!"
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Just thought everyone might like to know that they've announced DM screens for Curse of Strahd. Here is a link, for those that are interested.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/03/ ... m-gf9.html
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Good. CoS seems to be selling well then.
My DMGuild work!
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I'm definitely hoping so! Also, I pre-ordered my screens yesterday. I really dislike their shipping options, or rather, the lack thereof. The shipping price is also rather high...
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

It looks like they have DM screens for each of the big 5th edition adventure paths. Not sure you really need a new DM screen every game, especially at around $15 apiece...
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

You don't. Hence I don't have an out of the Abyss or Elemental Evil one.
But, if I can, I will get the one for Ravenloft. :)
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Yeah, for me, it's not a question of "need". It's a question of "obsessively desire". :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Yeah, for me, it's not a question of "need". It's a question of "obsessively desire". :)

Oh, I die a little inside every time I can't get D&D products, but unfortunately funds prevent my obsessive collecting. I do have about 60% of all books/bboxed sets released though...
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Yeah, for me, it's not a question of "need". It's a question of "obsessively desire". :)
Well said! Also, I wasn't able to get the 3.5E screen, or even the 2E version. This will be a proud addition to my collection! Also, it'll assist with some maps and tables in easy view for me. I started running Curse of Strahd Saturday (after my players finished Death House about a week ago, thanks to the PDF), and just had our second session today. It's a home game, not associated with the Adventurers League. They arrived in Vallaki with Ismark and Ireena. With some luck, we'll have another session this weekend. I shouldn't need the screens before they're available, hopefully. :)
-Mordentish proverb