[Savage Worlds] Ravenloft

Discussing all things Ravenloft
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: [Savage Worlds] Ravenloft

Post by hidajiremi »

Since Savage Worlds Adventure Edition has gotten a couple of major overhauls in the last couple of weeks in the leadup to the final version for print, I'll be turning in a mildly updated version of SWADE Ravenloft to the Fraternity in a week or two. The only significant rules change that will impact this document is that SWADE is eliminating the Quick Draw Edge and changing a couple of powers' names. Still, I want this Ravenloft document to hew as closely as possible to the final version of SWADE, so it'll be available shortly after the print version is finalized. Cheers!
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton
stormwell
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by stormwell »

Noted.

Started my campaign using the SWADE version.

Going to be running an adapted version of the Howls in the Night adventure.
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

stormwell wrote:Noted.

Started my campaign using the SWADE version.

Going to be running an adapted version of the Howls in the Night adventure.
Let us know how it goes! I always love to hear from people who actually play things I've written instead of just reading them. ^_^
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Please not that version 2 is now available. Update your document!
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
stormwell
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by stormwell »

Fear checks for the first time.

Was feeling kind so only give them a -2 penalty, which is big for Savage Worlds, Should be something like -5 (SoE 2, Monster 2 & Mists 1).
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

stormwell wrote:Fear checks for the first time.

Was feeling kind so only give them a -2 penalty, which is big for Savage Worlds, Should be something like -5 (SoE 2, Monster 2 & Mists 1).
Fear can be harsh in a horror setting, no doubt!
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Hey everyone, I'm currently working on the newly updated v3 release of Ravenloft Reincarnated for compatibility with SWADE v6, the Fantasy Companion, and the Horror Companion, and it's looking like it's going to be a huge pagecount increase--something like 30-40 more pages than the previous version. As with the earlier releases, I'm reaching out to the community to see if anyone has fanart that they'd like to contribute to the final release. All I can offer is an artist credit since it's a fanwork, but people have been really generous in the past with contributing to the product, so I thought I'd ask for this version as well. If you have anything you'd like to contribute, either reply to this message or PM me. Thanks for reading!
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

So it's looking like the final release of v3 of Ravenloft Reincarnated will be no later than this coming weekend! With that in the wild, I'll start doing the revisions and formatting on all of the old supplements, with some new material for each of them, before moving on to finalizing the clusters I've been working on. After that, it's onto entirely new material, like a few more cluster compendiums and some islands of terror!

Are there any classic islands that people would like to see get the Savage treatment? Any that would make for good clusters in the new paradigm? I'm currently outlining Souragne, and Markovia is a personal favorite, but beyond those what would people like to see?
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Ravenloft Reincarnated v3 is now available! Enjoy, and feel free to leave any feedback either here or on the post!
Rebel Mage
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Rebel Mage »

This makes me want to buy the SWADE books, but the shipping from the publisher's site is over 600 dollars. 😅 (Unless I pre-order the fantasy companion... Then it's only 41 dollars...)

Of course, I could just go for PDF's...
“I wonder whether you feel as strangely drawn towards me as I do to you; I have never had a friend—shall I find one now?”
—Carmilla, J. Sheridan Le Fanu
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Rebel Mage wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:19 am This makes me want to buy the SWADE books, but the shipping from the publisher's site is over 600 dollars. 😅 (Unless I pre-order the fantasy companion... Then it's only 41 dollars...)

Where do you live? Mars? o.o
Rebel Mage
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Rebel Mage »

hidajiremi wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:06 am
Rebel Mage wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:19 am This makes me want to buy the SWADE books, but the shipping from the publisher's site is over 600 dollars. 😅 (Unless I pre-order the fantasy companion... Then it's only 41 dollars...)

The Netherlands. I feel like it'd almost be cheaper to just fly over to the US and get the books from there, lmao.
“I wonder whether you feel as strangely drawn towards me as I do to you; I have never had a friend—shall I find one now?”
—Carmilla, J. Sheridan Le Fanu
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Rebel Mage wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:44 am
hidajiremi wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:06 am

The Netherlands. I feel like it'd almost be cheaper to just fly over to the US and get the books from there, lmao.
Yowza. International shipping has gotten crazy. I can definitely recommend the pdfs at that point. Or stop into a game shop and see if they can get a copy from a local distributor at a better price.
steamwolf
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by steamwolf »

hidajiremi wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:52 am Ravenloft Reincarnated v3 is now available! Enjoy, and feel free to leave any feedback either here or on the post!
I've recently converted my 5e Ravenloft campaign to the v2 version of Ravenloft Reincarnated. I had no idea v3 came out in April, so my apologizes for being so late in saying this.

This version is AWESOME! I absolutely love so many of the changes presented here. The only thing I'm actually not in favor of is the banning of class edges. I get the reasoning for it, but I'm personally still allowing it for characters with the Outlander Hindrance, as it makes sense that Outlanders would be coming from worlds where such rigorous focus into a specific "class" would be common (Toril, Krynn, Oerth, etc).

Currently, I'm working on starting a Masque of the Red Death campaign, using RRv3 and SWADE. I was also considering looking into potentially borrowing from Deadlands and Rippers. Do you have any suggestions? I've been reviewing the Gothic Earth content from AD&D 2nd and 3.X, but if you have any ideas in mind for using RR with Gothic Earth I'd love to hear them. Either way, thank you so much for doing this and if there's any way I can help please let me know.
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

steamwolf wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:57 pm I've recently converted my 5e Ravenloft campaign to the v2 version of Ravenloft Reincarnated. I had no idea v3 came out in April, so my apologizes for being so late in saying this.

This version is AWESOME! I absolutely love so many of the changes presented here. The only thing I'm actually not in favor of is the banning of class edges. I get the reasoning for it, but I'm personally still allowing it for characters with the Outlander Hindrance, as it makes sense that Outlanders would be coming from worlds where such rigorous focus into a specific "class" would be common (Toril, Krynn, Oerth, etc).

Currently, I'm working on starting a Masque of the Red Death campaign, using RRv3 and SWADE. I was also considering looking into potentially borrowing from Deadlands and Rippers. Do you have any suggestions? I've been reviewing the Gothic Earth content from AD&D 2nd and 3.X, but if you have any ideas in mind for using RR with Gothic Earth I'd love to hear them. Either way, thank you so much for doing this and if there's any way I can help please let me know.
Thanks so much for your praise! It always means a lot to me to hear from people who like the new version!

As far as class-oriented stuff goes, nothing breaks if you bring back in the classes from Savage Pathfinder or the different Arcane Backgrounds from the Fantasy Companion. That just wasn't the direction I wanted to go in for this version. If you include that stuff, all you really need to do is go in and remove any of the Edges I included in Ravenloft v3 that are conversions or adaptations of Class Edges from the other material.

As far as Deadlands goes, some of the Deadlands Edges and Hindrances already made it into Ravenloft v3, but including stuff like the Chi Master, gunslinging, and the like would definitely push more towards Gothic Earth rather than the medieval-to-renaissance vibe of classic Ravenloft. Sadly, I'm not familiar enough with Rippers to give any guidance, but it should be broadly compatible with anything I've done here, as most Savage Worlds stuff is.

Thanks for the offer of help! Right now, I'm finishing up the editing and layout on the new and revised material, and most of that should be out in pdf form soon. Once I start working on truly new stuff, I might well be casting lines out for other people to pitch in. Cheers!