Discussing all things Ravenloft
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Unsolved Mysteries: Ravenloft

Post by alhoon »

jamesfirecat wrote:and 4,390 wererats in addition
:shock:
450 wererats seems reasonable but 4000? Nah.
I'm pretty sure it was a typo in the GazIII and the intention was not for 10% of Richemulot to be wererats.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
jamesfirecat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jamesfirecat »

alhoon wrote: :shock:
Where did you get that number from? 450 wererats seems reasonable but 4000?
Gazetteer 3 page 83 Richemulot at a Glance sidebar.

Seriously I'm not making this up/information doesn't get much more canon then this.

Granted it could just be a case of World Builder's can't do math like in Verbrek where they literally have more werewolves than normal people.
Last edited by jamesfirecat on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
Zilfer wrote:Thanks for the direction! (goes to hunt down wherever the meta plot is)
http://fraternityofshadows.com/TheParlo ... or_her.doc
Thanks Ron!
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

jamesfirecat wrote:
alhoon wrote: :shock:
Where did you get that number from? 450 wererats seems reasonable but 4000?
Gazetteer 3 page 83 Richemulot at a Glance sidebar.

Seriously I'm not making this up/information doesn't get much more canon then this.

Granted it could just be a case of World Builder's can't do math like in Verbrek where they literally have more werewolves than normal people.

Maybe those Ravenloft people that do the census thought every wolf they saw was a werewolf? lol!

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

jamesfirecat wrote: Gazetteer 3 page 83 Richemulot at a Glance sidebar.
I found it and consider it a typo. :)
As for Verbek, werewolves there can eat other stuff. Why they don't kill all people? No idea. I play Verbek as sparsely dotted with small villages of 150-300 people living off the land (fishing, hunting a bit of farming) and having like 200-250 werewolves.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

MOD NOTE: Seems like the thread is meandering a bit. please start a new thread if you want to discuss the war in Borca/Richemulot and other aspects of the Metaplot, and leave this one for its intended purpose. Thanks!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
jamesfirecat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jamesfirecat »

In the interest of thread rerailment...

Where did Harkon Lukas' kids get to and what are they doing now?

Does Malken have any core Lieutenants who he puts in charge of running the business while he can't? What are their personalities/powers like?

What did Jacqueline Renier do to punish her sister after Scholar of Decay?
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Was that document updated recently? I remember reading it awhile ago. (Maybe a year or two.... holy cow am i starting to get THAT old that things change on me!?!?!? xD i'm only 24!!! xD)

I'm guessing someone went through, i seem to remember the person who guessed the metaplot was a mystery now the document says Grey Arcanist.... :) Thanks for pointing me to the document interesting rereading and seeing stuff i may have missed or got editted. :)

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I don't consider Louise's punishment to be a secret... we're told in Jaquiline that she suffers her sister out of loneliness.

Secret: What's Isolde's history with the GC? Why she crossed over to Ravenloft to find and destroy him? There are plenty of tyrannies and demons outside Ravenloft and also inside Ravenloft. What started the vendetta?
My DMGuild work!
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
Zilfer wrote:Thanks for the direction! (goes to hunt down wherever the meta plot is)
http://fraternityofshadows.com/TheParlo ... or_her.doc
Is it bad I didn't realize the full extent of the Gazs and S? Holy Jeezus that document is awesome! Thanks, Gonzoron!
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Sorry if slightly off topic but Gentlemen Caller has confused me now.

So if i read it correctly

Vigo Drakov and Gabrielle are brother and sister... half yes? (Gabrielle made with probably a normal human while Vigo with Gentlemen caller?) I'll have to go read more about Vigo.... xD

Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Zilfer wrote:Vigo Drakov and Gabrielle are brother and sister... half yes? (Gabrielle made with probably a normal human while Vigo with Gentlemen caller?) I'll have to go read more about Vigo.... xD
Er.... if you consider a battle-mad darklord with an impalement fetish to be a "normal human," then yes. :gabrielle:
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I don't think Darklords are normal humans. Aside from the curse, the powers, the slowed aging...
They are supposedly corrupted to the bone, so their children (Irik is the exception) should be corrupt and evil too.
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:They are supposedly corrupted to the bone, so their children (Irik is the exception) should be corrupt and evil too.
Ehhh.... I guess that depends on whether you go for a "sins of the father" extreme classic gothic approach or if you prefer (as I do) the idea that the darklords are damned for their choices to do evil when they could have done good, so their children get a fresh set of choices. (Casimir is another "exception", IIRC. Also Lilia/Penelope/Amanda Godefroy, Alexi Shadowborn, and Nightingale.)
jamesfirecat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jamesfirecat »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Ehhh.... I guess that depends on whether you go for a "sins of the father" extreme classic gothic approach or if you prefer (as I do) the idea that the darklords are damned for their choices to do evil when they could have done good, so their children get a fresh set of choices. (Casimir is another "exception", IIRC. Also Lilia/Penelope/Amanda Godefroy, Alexi Shadowborn, and Nightingale.)
I agree with you, also consider Delphi from Neither Man Nor Beast (granted that's not really a direct bloodline link there...) Jacques Renier in Scholar of Decay is clearly evil because he's a bit of a spoiled brat and a wererat supermacist rather than anything as nebulous as the fact that his mother is a darklord, I don't think we've heard anything about Lucita Aderre being anything but a normal girl (well aside from the possible wolfwere thing but that's neither here nor there at the moment).

Oh also the ultimate death blow to the "children of darklords are evil because they are the children of darklords" argument I present to you Mikhail Zolnik from Dark of the Moon.