Birthright 2: Promises to Keep OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Birthright 2: Promises to Keep OOC

Post by alhoon »

Congrats Ewan!
Life will change now. You should train your baby minion! Best luck to your and your wife. Hopefully you won't lose too much sleep, but it will be worth it.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Noted the failure to uproot/busty the petrified stump.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

How goes Fatherhood?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:How goes Fatherhood?

Quite well.

Eamon isn't fussy. He's healthy. He poops and feeds pretty much on schedule, with no complications.
I'm getting almost as much sleep as I'm used to, just broken up in chunks. The Army taught me to sleep and work that way, and it's all coming back.
I have diaper changes down to a very quick set of moves.

Really, the trouble will probably come later, when he's mobile and can speak. :azalin:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

By then, you'll be used to caring for a kid, you'll have to just adjust to be more careful.
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:By then, you'll be used to caring for a kid, you'll have to just adjust to be more careful.
True. I'll make sure to get him some studded leather armor and a small mace, so he can rule over the other kobolds.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

It's been about two weeks, so I'm assuming those who really wanted to post their own epilogues have done so.

I shall provide the rest.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ahh... nope.
I was still thinking of how my bard, Termelan, would drop by the dwarf. And my sister has been away for a trip for a week, so we didn't discuss it (nor, I think, she had time to drop by).

I would probably have gone with 2:
Maybe your PC recently pawned some stuff to Atli and has since redeemed it.
In the process of that transaction, the dwarf banker may well have questioned him a bit about his origins (since he appears to be, like Atli, from foreign parts). If the dwarf gets the impression your PC is an adventurer who can handle a sword, speak well, and knows the ways of the road, he may suggest that your PC look for work in one of several places. One of those places would be a new trading outfit that ATli's associate, Domenica, has recently set up.
I'll give the description of my char here:
Average built fellow, darkish complexion (like a lighter-skinned Kinashi), wavy auburn hair that are kept at a couple inches length, about 6' tall, pretty faced. Wears a suit of studded leather armor that has seen better days and has a couple of daggers and a crossbow strappled on his back where allowed, and carries a stuff.
He has an accent that is not easy-to-be-placed when talking, drawing out some vocals, and generally his accent sounds different (Can't describe it with words, sorry) marking him a foreigner and not a Kinashi.

About his origins, he'll tell the dwarf the truth he knows (which is not much: Magical accident dropped him in there from a city state ruled by wizards, no idea where the city state lies in comparison with this new land, he doesn't think it's in the same continent). Whether the dwarf believes that seriously-not-sounding-sincere story is debatable.
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Ahh... nope.
I was still thinking of how my bard, Termelan, would drop by the dwarf. And my sister has been away for a trip for a week, so we didn't discuss it (nor, I think, she had time to drop by).

I would probably have gone with 2:
Maybe your PC recently pawned some stuff to Atli and has since redeemed it.
In the process of that transaction, the dwarf banker may well have questioned him a bit about his origins (since he appears to be, like Atli, from foreign parts). If the dwarf gets the impression your PC is an adventurer who can handle a sword, speak well, and knows the ways of the road, he may suggest that your PC look for work in one of several places. One of those places would be a new trading outfit that ATli's associate, Domenica, has recently set up.
I'll give the description of my char here:
Average built fellow, darkish complexion (like a lighter-skinned Kinashi), wavy auburn hair that are kept at a couple inches length, about 6' tall, pretty faced. Wears a suit of studded leather armor that has seen better days and has a couple of daggers and a crossbow strappled on his back where allowed, and carries a stuff.
He has an accent that is not easy-to-be-placed when talking, drawing out some vocals, and generally his accent sounds different (Can't describe it with words, sorry) marking him a foreigner and not a Kinashi.

About his origins, he'll tell the dwarf the truth he knows (which is not much: Magical accident dropped him in there from a city state ruled by wizards, no idea where the city state lies in comparison with this new land, he doesn't think it's in the same continent). Whether the dwarf believes that seriously-not-sounding-sincere story is debatable.

We can work that in another way. Maybe you can write it and I'll back-edit it into a post.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Will still remain the problem why Filbert will invite Termelan to the palace to meet with the others. Even if he meets with him at Atli's or Dominica's he will not start talking with a stranger like that. Unless someone tells Filbert that Termelan is an outlander and a bard that might have something to offer or just entertain the duke with his stories.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

We can do this one of three ways:

1: Leave this all for the next game.

2: Work it out OOC, here in this thread. It will become recent history for the coming sequel.

3: RP it in a short, player-created and run, tangent thread. (Results may be backfilled into Epilogues thread, if players so wish).

-----------------------------

Now, as for when the sequel cometh, if there is something else in between, if we game this summer as opposed to waiting till next winter), and all that---see the coming poll thread.

:azalin:

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I prefer option 2, so when we start the new game Filbert and alhoon's PC will have already met and he will be ready to take part in whatever adventure we will do :)
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

As soon as Devlin is a male character again I'm in.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:As soon as Devlin is a male character again I'm in.
The Archreplate will reverse the curse for him before play resumes.
Having a high level cleric as an ally isn't a bad thing.