Kill, that, Darklord!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
jamesfirecat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Kill, that, Darklord!

Post by jamesfirecat »

Okay it's time to play everyone's favorite Ravenloft Homegame, if you were actually going to let your PCs get away with it and kill off a darklord for real, obviously their death/defeat should be reflective of their curse to the bitter end. So what are some of the most horrifically karmic ways that certain Darklord's might meat their end.

Vlad Drakov: This one is easy. He winds up being impaled. For bonus points, have him knocked off the walls of his castle, and land on one of the pikes he's set up around it for impaling others.

Jacqueline Renier: Another easy one, drinking something mixed with her chemical bane, same way she (well same way she started to at least then came the stabbing in the heart and pushing out a window for good measure) murdered her Grandfather Claude.

Frantisek Markov: Honestly I can't improve over the fate he had at the end of Man Nor Beast. Is overthrown by one of his own creations, strapped down to a mystical artifact he wanted to retrieve in the first place, and then experimented on by the monsters he created in the first place.

Anhktepot: Probably being ambushed after he used his ability to become human temporarily, then killed, and after that having his remains either A: buried in normal casket/coffin. B: cremated.

Von Kharkov: Once again the setting itself provides this one up, getting turned into kitty kibble by the Cat of Felkovic.

Elena Faith-hold:

Hero (from prime material plane): You know, sometimes they were known as the Twelve Peers.

Elena: ...What?

Hero: Now historically, they were the foremost members of Charlemagne's court, although many of their famous exploits are largely fictitious, representing Christian martial superiority over the Saracen hordes.

Elena Faith-hold: What are you dribbling about?

Hero: Well, my lady... That's a Paladin. (Cue the stabbing/slicing of Elena)

(Couldn't resist)

Malus Sceleris: EARTH, FIRE, WIND, WATER, HEART! BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!

(REALLY couldn't resist)

Anyway those are the most obvious ones to me, not sure if any of them would ever be called for but I had a little fun writing them out, and if nothing else they're fun brain teasers...
Last edited by jamesfirecat on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sorti
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Kill, that, Darklord!

Post by Sorti »

jamesfirecat wrote: Malus Sceleris: EARTH, FIRE, WIND, WATER, HEART! BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!

(REALLY couldn't resist)
Headcanon accepted! :lol:
Coltiviamo per tutti un rancore
che ha l'odore del sangue rappreso
ciò che allora chiamammo dolore
è soltanto un discorso sospeso
jamesfirecat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jamesfirecat »

Sorti wrote:
jamesfirecat wrote: Malus Sceleris: EARTH, FIRE, WIND, WATER, HEART! BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!

(REALLY couldn't resist)
Headcanon accepted! :lol:
I guess in D&D terms that would be...

ANIMAL COMPANION, WILDSHAPE, NATURAL SPELL, WILD ARMOR, GREAT WILL SAVE, BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED I AM DRUIDZILLIA!
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

jamesfirecat wrote:Elena Faith-hold:

Hero (from prime material plane): You know, sometimes they were known as the Twelve Peers.

Hero: Now historically, they were the foremost members of Charlemagne's court, although many of their famous exploits are largely fictitious, representing Christian martial superiority over the Saracen hordes.

I got that one down solid!

Or, "Your knowledge of the land will be great!"
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
jamesfirecat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jamesfirecat »

Dark Angel wrote:
jamesfirecat wrote:Elena Faith-hold:

I got that one down solid!

Or, "Your knowledge of the land will be great!"
I'd save that quote for getting your fortune read by a Vistani before being sweapt up for your weekend in hell.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Strahd would have to be staked by Tatyana's final reincarnation. (Preferably just as he thinks he's finally wooed her).

Azalin would have to be killed as the result of his latest over-complicated scheme that had just... one... little.. flaw.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

jamesfirecat wrote: Hero: Well, my lady... That's a Paladin. (Cue the stabbing/slicing of Elena)
(Couldn't resist)
In all fairness, it wasn't Elena's evil that brought the wrath. She made the innocent mistake of walking up behind the hero and saying: "You're in my way, sir."
Evil Reigns!!!!
Alastor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Alastor »

Meredoth researches a new spell, cobbled together from pieces stolen from sufficiently disparate sources that he can half-convince himself the result is original. The spell is designed to seal his island in perfect isolation from the adventurers and inquisitive illusionists who used to bother him. It works to well, leaving him unable to escape the icy waste he calls home. Eventually his food supplies run so low that he attempts to eat one of the serpents that inhabit the island and dies of food poisoning.
Above the conquered folk,
the draconic citadel
awaits rebellion.

Not the daimon, just a namesake.
Boris Drakov
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Boris Drakov »

Mordenheim: Having Adam grow remorseful and commit suicide by flinging himself and the doctor into the sea locked in an eternal embrace.

The 3 hags: Finally push their simmering hatred over the brink of insanity making them rip eachother to pieces

Tristessa: Reuniting her with the spirit of her child

Godefroy: Trapping him in place so he cannot escape his victims' wrath no more

Timothy: Summon a Wolf demon/deity whom disgusted by his human pollution decides to destroy him
"I kneel for no-one!"
thekristhomas
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by thekristhomas »

Hazlan: actually succeeds in killing all Mulan, and despite his best efforts, he's still one of them
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I liked Hazlik's most...
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Boris Drakov wrote:
Godefroy: Trapping him in place so he cannot escape his victims' wrath no more
I remember somebody's story of actual gameplay where they put Godefroy on trial for killing his wife and his kid, and in this way they put his spirit to rest, or rather sent him kicking and screaming to whatever hell awaits him in the afterlife. THAT was really epic.

Here's a few of my ideas:

Azalin: Azalin is killed by a reborn Irik, who finally takes after his dear ol' da, and then proceeds to stab him in the back.

Ivana/Ivan:Ivana is killed by Ivan, but before Ivana goes she unleashes all the pent up spirits inside the deathstone, taking him with her (and unfortunately a lot of Borca.)

Mordenheim/Adam: Mordenheim finally restores Elise, which causes Adam to come running and bust into Mordenheim's lab. There is a monumental struggle between them that destroys much of the lab, spilling vital chemicals all over the place. As Mordenheim and Adam teeter over the same ledge that Eva fell down, they both look back at Elise one final time. She lights a match, says her goodbye, and then throws it onto the chemicals, causing a massive inferno that destroys both Mordenheim and his monster at the same time.

Malus: Crushed and suffocated by his own garbage.

Elena Faith-hold: She is tricked into turning her detect evil on herself, and then she finds for the first time she is undeniably evil. Her last act in her War on Evil is to run herself through on her own sword.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Jacqueline's death MUST involve Henri DuBois.

What if she finds him, a broken man in body, but he forgives her... and asks her to join him on the final journey. Suicide pact by a mixture of poison and chemical bane?
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Rock wrote:Jacqueline's death MUST involve Henri DuBois.

What if she finds him, a broken man in body, but he forgives her... and asks her to join him on the final journey. Suicide pact by a mixture of poison and chemical bane?
Oh man that's pretty epic. All I would've had would be that her Becoming Plague created a strain of ratweres. And they, being inimical to wererats, would swarm in their rat forms and tear her to pieces.
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Dominic d'Hornire killed in a fight with The Brain. Dominic d'Hornire finds out who The Brain is and comes to deal with the matter both are killed during the fighting where mind controlled minions do most of it. He is killed by one of The Brain's minions just as one of his minions manage to kill The Brain.