Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Mists of Winter: Chapter Three

Post by ewancummins »

THE PIER
alhoon wrote:
tarlyn wrote: "We must keep moving, keep de blood unt body warm. MOve in place, jog a little, like dis." The soldier starts moving at first, then jogging in place to keep warm.
Raen looks at the Falkovnian confused. He moves a bruised arm probably fractured in several places, fingers mangled by the explosion over his torn and battered form. "I'm lucky to be alive. Everything hurts. I can't listen at you well." he said as he tapped a broken finger over his bleeding ears.

Munchen sniffs the wizard.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE CELLAR

Gal takes up a hiding place in a dark corner and knocks an arrow.

They come quickly, the cellar door flying open , men leaping through.

He hits one.

The close the gap as he drops his bow and snatches his sword from the floor.

The men force him into a corner, bashing him with their clubs, but he cuts one of them down when that man loses his weapon in the tumbling chaos of the fight.

Gal hears feet pounding down the staircase.

More men join the fight, cutting off both exist and pressing him closer and closer into the corner.

He fights on, swinging his bloody sword...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Benedict reaches down into himself, channeling healing into the battered wizard.

"Someone see who's coming," he says, "Could be the gendarmes."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE PIER
Adam wrote:Benedict reaches down into himself, channeling healing into the battered wizard.

"Someone see who's coming," he says, "Could be the gendarmes."

Vlad moves down the pier, inland, to check.

A moment later he calls out

"Is fine, friends are coming."

The Port-master's men close in on the dockyards from two alley mouths.
The squat, grizzled sergeant with whom the party had dealt earlier marches over to Benn and the others.

"We heard there was trouble."

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE CELLAR

Galandel fights hard, swinging, kicking, lunging in and out of the corner to keep the men back. His advantage in speed and reach soon tells. A man falls, and then another.

His enemies waver.

They fall back.

One man near the staircase fires a bolt at him, but misses.

Gal grabs his bow, shoots and injures one of them.

The three men flee up the stairs, through the house.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Picking up his bloody sword, he wipes the blood away and sheathes it. From under his cloak, Galandel pulls out a vial filled with a colorless liquid. Pulling out the stopper, he raises his to his mouth and swallows the liquid. Some of his wounds (not all) seem to stitch themselves up, leaving only the tiniest of scars. He is still wounded but at least the bleeding has stopped.

He smirks as he listens to the humans sprint out of the scholar's home, fleeing from him. Once gone, he heads up the stairs and searches the rest of the house.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:Picking up his bloody sword, he wipes the blood away and sheathes it. From under his cloak, Galandel pulls out a vial filled with a colorless liquid. Pulling out the stopper, he raises his to his mouth and swallows the liquid. Some of his wounds (not all) seem to stitch themselves up, leaving only the tiniest of scars. He is still wounded but at least the bleeding has stopped.

He smirks as he listens to the humans sprint out of the scholar's home, fleeing from him. Once gone, he heads up the stairs and searches the rest of the house.

One of the injured men moans on the floor, crawls a few inches, and slumps at the base of the steps.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

As the warmth of the healing rushes over him, softening the pain, strengthening battered bones, knitting rips on his body and giving him back his strength Raen matters to the Archivist "Thank you. I feel much better. Keep your magic for others that may need it and if it's not required to save lives, you can return to healing me later."
He also turns to the rest "Thank for your efforts to save me and also, for the light. I couldn't have blown up the witch without it. You not only saved my life with this light, but helped me deal a severe blow to her"

Looking at the black river and the form of the witch he nods. "We did well."
As the gendarmes approach, Raen manages a smile. "I was nearly killed by the witch but we managed to kill her. She thought herself quite smart but failed to predict to what means I would go to prevent drowning in the black icy waters"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Seeing that there are still men alive, Galandel will tend to their wounds. He save two of the three survivors but the third bleeds out while he is bandaging the wounds.

After the survivors are stable, he will take his time in binding them so they can't escape. After he has done this, he takes the lantern on the stairs and searches the rest of the house for Benn.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE PIER

The sergeant says,
''You got the witch? She's dead? Good job!"

He claps Raen on the shoulder

"The Port-Master will be really happy to hear it. The rumors were growing and people were getting scared to work on the water. Ice or not, the city's still got to move goods as long as even half the river is clear."

He pulls his cloak snug around his body.

"Let's get out of this cold, huh?"
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

BENN'S HOUSE

RocEter wrote:Seeing that there are still men alive, Galandel will tend to their wounds. He save two of the three survivors but the third bleeds out while he is bandaging the wounds.

After the survivors are stable, he will take his time in binding them so they can't escape. After he has done this, he takes the lantern on the stairs and searches the rest of the house for Benn.

No one is home.

The place has been ransacked: closets, drawers, and cupboards flung open and contents spilled on the floor.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict looks around for a tool to fetch the witch's body from the water. "We should study her, see what we can learn. It seems only fitting that parts of her end up in specimen jars, after she did the same to so many others."

He finally allows the beginnings of a smile to creep over his face. "Maybe the worst is finally over."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Bennedict looks around for a tool to fetch the witch's body from the water. "We should study her, see what we can learn. It seems only fitting that parts of her end up in specimen jars, after she did the same to so many others."

He finally allows the beginnings of a smile to creep over his face. "Maybe the worst is finally over."

CHAPTER END