Seeking players for a Pathfinder-based Ravenloft game

Online roleplaying at the Café
blackaeon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Seeking players for a Pathfinder-based Ravenloft game

Post by blackaeon »

I'm looking for four to six brave souls for an ideally long-running campaign set in Zherisia. Here's the write-up, template for which I saw elsewhere on the board and adapted because it was too flippin' convenient.

Working Title: Zherisia: Dark Days

System: Pathfinder (with a few tweaks, using Ryan Naylor’s Pathfinder/Ravenloft pdf set and the Zherisia Gazetteer from the FoS website)

Location/Date: Zherisia, starting in the city of Paridon, fall BC 752

Starting level: First, gold standard as per class

Classes: Any Core Rulebook/Advanced Player’s Guide/Ultimate Combat/Ultimate Magic except for Ninja and Samurai. Please read over the notes in Ryan Naylor’s Domains of Dread Pathfinder pdf for specific class information. Also, consider that it takes place in an urban setting with relatively little wildlife to speak of, so it could have a large amount of impact on character choice. I’m sure you’ve got discretion!

Skills: Standard as per the Core Rulebook and Ryan Naylor’s Domains of Dread pdf

Traits: Nope, easier not to worry about them!

Races: Any of the races in Ryan Naylor’s Domains of Dread Pathfinder pdf/ Pathfinder Core Rulebook, but remember that Paridon is overwhelmingly human in terms of make-up.

Sourcebooks: Advanced Players Guide, Ryan Naylor’s Domains of Dread Pathfinder pdf , Core Rulebook, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic.

Abilities: 20-point buy, as per the Core Rulebook.

Setting: Set in the waning years between Bloody Jack’s excessively violent 13th attack and his anticipated 14th, the ripples of the revelation about doppelgangers in Paridon has sent shockwaves through the city. A smoldering undercurrent of class warfare spreads throughout the boroughs, and various malevolent forces conspire against one another and the humans that they prey upon. Even as primitive steam technology lurches industry towards a revolutionary future, the fates of the city and her inhabitants lies wrapped in a tangled skein of treachery, deceit, and murder.

Faith & Spirituality: The Divinity of Mankind faith holds the most sway in Zherisia, though those from elsewhere around the Core or outlanders may practice different religions.

Languages: The dominant language, which all characters should start with in place of common unless you’re an émigré from somewhere else in the Core, is Zherisian.

Let me know if you're interested!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Seeking players for a Pathfinder-based Ravenloft game

Post by kintire »

I'm always interested in a good pbp. Consider me interested!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Never played in Paridon and I am interested. :) will try to make up a character later today :)
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

I'm still quite new to ravenloft, but I'll see if I can get a character going. Somewhere around the same time as Z.
blackaeon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by blackaeon »

Definitely glad to see the enthusiasm as far as people being interested. Instead of having some sort of set idea how the characters should all fit together, I'd really like to keep that as something that develops organically between the players. If I can't pull out enough hooks to get everyone working together, well, I'm not really holding up my end of the bargain, now am I? As far as background material goes, the write-up in the Survey of the Zherisian Expedition in the Library portion of the FoS site is great resource, and there's nothing in there that should spoil anything; if anything, the more knowledge you have of the setting, the richer the roleplay and interaction should be.

As a side note, in terms of how stuff gets posted, I prefer third-person, past-tense style; seeing too many I's gets a little befuddling for me for some strange reason. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

It might be worth getting some idea what other people are generating, though, so we can get a reasonable class mix?
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

I'm a lawful good player by heart, and love playing the paladin, yet, I know the roleplay constrictions paladins place on a group, so I'm willing to go neutral or chaotic good with a ranger, inquisitor or fighter. Basically, this time around, I'd like to play front-line since my friends usually find me with some casting capabilities, and it might be nice for a change. If you guys want me more casty casty I can go cleric or oracle with the same front-line tactics. Ultimately, though, it comes to group composition, since I will be molding my character to fit the group.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Ranger most likely....

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Looks like a caster for me then. Good!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Lawful Neutral Monk ....................
blackaeon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by blackaeon »

So, thus far it looks like we've got a ranger/inquisitor/fighter, a ranger, a caster of some sort and a monk. Should be a nice, diverse party. Any other takers?
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Level we start at.
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Level 1
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Thinking Urban Ranger at the moment.

Am I allowed to take Favored Enemy: Shapeshifter?

blackaeon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by blackaeon »

Zilfer wrote:Thinking Urban Ranger at the moment.

Am I allowed to take Favored Enemy: Shapeshifter?
Provided it fits with the character background, sure. I mean, it's Zherisia, so it seems like a likely one to have. It is technically a humanoid subtype.