Mists of Winter, Chapter Two

Online roleplaying at the Café
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Mists of Winter, Chapter Two

Post by kintire »

Kat steps slightly forward, staying close to Dorgio.

"Any indication as to who he was? Lets hope he was hostile, and not just desperate for help..."

She casts a glance down the tunnel, then around the room, seeking any sign of a hag...
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen's face turns pale. "Dorgio! Can't you do anything for him? Re-start his heart or something?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE DEAD MAN

Vlad checks the fresh-killed corpse.

''He's got some scrapes and bruises, and they look fresh, made earlier today, I'd guess"

He rolls back the man's sleeves and points out marks on his forearms.

"Finger marks... much like on the drowned folk. "
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Scheisse. It appears ve haff killed an innocent man."

Franz wipes down his blades. Killing an innocent did not sit well with the ex soldier at all.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Munchen sniffs at the rag Franz used to clean his sword.

He whines.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

"Paint yourself in hell," he mutters to nobody in particular, nearly too faint to be heard.

The priest kneels down to check the man's vitals, seeing if there is any sign of life for Dorgio to work with.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:GALANDEL IN THE MISTS

After missing his shot, the eyes turn their attention to Galandel just as he shouts. "Withdraw, this is the dark magic I warned you of!"

The eyes, close distance on Gal fast and attack. They lock their strange evil gaze his eyes and fills Galandel with terror and a sickly sensation of drowning. He manages to shake their gaze and its effect. Back turned towards the eyes, he withdraws to the tunnel. As he makes his escape into the tunnel, he closes the hatch behind him and cracks a sunrod to illuminate the otherwise darkened tunnel.

GALANDEL UNDERGROUND

Gal sees the short set of steps dropping down into the long gallery; nothing looks different than the last time he was down here.
Raindrops patter against the hatch behind him.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:"Paint yourself in hell," he mutters to nobody in particular, nearly too faint to be heard.

The priest kneels down to check the man's vitals, seeing if there is any sign of life for Dorgio to work with.

The man's flesh holds a little lingering warmth, but he does not seem to be breathing. Nor can Dorgio locate a pulse. Even the blood from his wounds has ceased to flow. Nothing Dorgio does to the body elicits the slightest reaction.
A burn mark and a bloody hole in his left ribs shows where Sara shot him.
Franz's blades left wounds in his back.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Trying one last thing, Dorgio takes a small mirror and holds it under the man's nose, looking for signs of breath.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Trying one last thing, Dorgio takes a small mirror and holds it under the man's nose, looking for signs of breath.
DORGIO's P.O.V.

Dorgio sees the mirror fog.
VIEW CONTENT:
And then the fog vanishes, replaced by two faces, side by side: Franklin Dodds and Remi Brun. The two stare out at Dorgio. Dodds frowns, looking sad. Brun smiles, positively beaming.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

*a moment ago*

Benn recoils as magical explosions, gun shots, and sword blows flash out in close proximity to him.

"MEIN GOTT!" he shouts, slipping into his Lamordian accent in shock, "COULD YOU AT LEAST LET ME GET CLEAR NEXT TIME!"

*current time*

Muttering to himself gravely, Benn checks the man's pockets for any signs of identification.

"He looked menacing," he admits, "But maybe we need to pull our collective fingers from the triggers for the time being."

He looks to Franz. "Keep an eye out for Jenny. She's still here, somewhere, lest we forget."

He turns back to Dorgio. "Anything? Even if he is a villain, perhaps we could get information from him."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

BENN
Benn searches the man's pockets and finds two copper coins, green and corroded as if fished out of the bottom of a wishing well. Digging further, he finds a well-thumbed deck of thick paper cards in the man's jacket, wrapped in a roll of leather.
Flipping through these cards-- damp at the edges-- he sees the deck contains four suits: pentacles, swords, chalices, staves. The images look like wood block prints, and pretty well-made.

An empty sheath for a long knife hangs at his belt.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

He shows the cards to Dorgio.

"Vistani?" he asks.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Once Franz has cleaned his blades he goes back on alert. He stands ready near the door.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Dorgio grimaces back at something in the mirror. "Hold, he may yet live," that is, if the Dark Powers of the Mists weren't merely playing another trick on him. He lays hands on the man, chanting a prayer of healing.

[[OOC: Burning "Divine Favor" to cast Cure Moderate Wounds]]