Through the Looking Glass ... (WIP "Reflectionloft")

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Deewun
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Through the Looking Glass ... (WIP "Reflectionloft")

Post by Deewun »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:I love the idea. I think maybe your rules about what changes and what doesn't are a little over-complicated and would confuse players.
Fair criticism (and some love huzzah!). Mileage varies, but that is why I wanted to get folks involved. Reflecitonloft is a concept more than anything else, and can be used as much or as little as necessary for each DM, and should be tailored to them and their campaigns! I'm just trying put down some groundwork.
The Giamarga wrote:Note though that the reflected Tindal is N, while Tindafalus was NE. My theory is that similar to how the elemental planes become tainted while overlapping the demiplane or dread, the demiplane of mirrors is tainted too, so that all reflections do not reflect quite to the good morality, rather stopping at neutral.
Ah, that's right! I completely had that over-complicated in my attempts to make structure and simplicity, ha!

Joël of the FoS wrote:I also love the Tindal mirror domains idea. That is extremely interesting.

However the scope of it is too big. You'll loose people's interest if they have to convert the whole thing to Reflectionloft.

I'd restrain it to a few iconic domains that could be changed to Reflectionloft, and that would be it.

(and perhaps add guidelines on how to convert your preferred domain to Refloft, but do not do the whole thing or you'll never finish!)

Joël
More love from folks I respect on here? Fantastic! And that is a very good point. I know I have my own ideas that I can share, and then we can all share our own, but in the end, presenting just a flipped Sithicus (since Tindal starts there, it makes sense that's a good place to start) and Barovia (the iconic location, especially with the 'House of Tindal' idea I threw around).
Alastor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Alastor »

There is a previous attempt to do something similar on this thread:
http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... t=Doveloft
in case that offers any inspiration to your attempts to reverse various domains.
Above the conquered folk,
the draconic citadel
awaits rebellion.

Not the daimon, just a namesake.
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Deewun (but anyone can comment), what exactly did you have in mind for House of Tindal? Would it be a bustling castle or still the lonely place it has always been? Are there any monsters or items of note (maybe this is the place filled with mirrors that transfer people from one reality to another?) and does Tindal have a proper "darklord-ish" curse or was that reserved for someone else in Mirror Barovia? If he has the opposite of Strahd, does his annoying girlfriend age, tell Tindal how great Tindal's brother is, and never leave him alone? How ticked would Strahd be if that was how his beloved was manifested? Would he try to pull her into his reality?
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

what about the god brain/illithids?