The Bridge to Nowhere

Online roleplaying at the Café
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Bridge to Nowhere

Post by Metaflux »

Praise the sun for if there was a greater number of occupants in the inn, Tammerin might have never entered. "Er, Terik, um, why are we here again?" Having forgotten to take off his gauntlet, the paladin's muscled hand would have shown stark white for the grip it held on the cup was strenuous enough. Thankfully, the mug was metal to begin with.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Terik smiles and placing his back at the bar so he can face everyone at the bar says:

"We are here to mingle with these people. More we know about them the merer. Plus, have you seen this strange man sitting there with the gun? I have seen these weapons back in Darkon, are rather effective just a bit loud. Anyway as you see Dexter is already talking to him, lets go say hi. He seems a newcomer as well."

Without waiting a reply the wizard heads to the table Dexter and the other guy are sitting.

"Hello there, I can say from your clothes and your gun that you aren't from this land. Are you from the Mainland as well? My name is Terik and this man over there with the shiny armor is Tammerin. Guess you have already met Dexter. May I offer you a beer or something? We arrived here just today and we know close to nothing about this place."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Ocule
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ocule »

"I suppose I can use another drink" he says. "Go ahead pull up another chair. So tell me, where are you coming from?" The orange glow from the fire reflects off of his leather jacket.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

"Well most of us have come from Darkon working for the Officials in Karg. Needless to say we winded up here from an ugly large black door, and from what everyone keeps talking like. Even though they seem to understand Darkon, no one seems to know what Darkon is. I'm wondering why this countries name is so close... Darkon, Draken. Anyways if you work with us we'd be splitting the reward with you, and I'm not sure if you know but Undead seem to be on the roads," said Dexter looking over to Terik scratching the scruff on his chin. "We're investigating what exactly is going on here... though I'm not convinced we know everything yet."
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Terik gets a mug of ale to the newcomer and moves a chair to the table. Then asks:

"Indeed, we have already encountered few ghouls and we are heard are more undead around, oh and there is a plague as well apparently...We plan to go visit the King and see how we can help these people and then when we are done here go back to Darkon since our task is to investigate what is going on here and the black door. What is your story my friend, and by the way I haven't catch your name."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Ocule
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ocule »

"Sure, you have my attention. The name is Sebastien by the way." He takes a sip of his new ale "Ive stayed close to local custom so far, mostly just common sense stuff. Stick to the roads, and don't travel at night. So what is this black door you keep speaking of?"
ash
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by ash »

Fox made his way over to the group at the table, but his eyes had a different look than before: kinda a far-away look. He had his mug of brew in his hand, but his rosy cheeks and stupid grin made it seem like he had plenty to drink already, but he could easily go on. It wasn't that often he was able to get a nice drink, at least that he could remember.

Its something spooky, apparently. Takes you to this world, but doesn't let you go back. I'm guessing you need to do some voodoo magic to be able to get back though. Interesting thought right there. Now where's that nice looking elf lady who travels with us?

Fox took a nice long draw from his mug, then made his way back to the bar for a refill.
Ocule
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ocule »

Sebastien looks a bit nervous as he ponders, gazing into the flames and sipping on his ale. "I remember that hellish door, i dont know what possessed me to walk through it. Now i seem to have slipped into a land of nightmares where the dead walk. Forgive me for being slow to trust strangers but you seem like your intentions are noble or at the very least like you plan and being able to leave. I will work with you" he sets his ale down now reaching his limit on how much ale he can take before his senses are dulled. He is a bit of a lightweight when it comes to it "So you guys actually came looking for this place?"
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

"In a matter of speaking, I just came to have a look for the gold being offered. It might fund my way back to Verbrek," said Dexter finishing his drink and looking to the others. "Well I suggest you get some rest... it sounds like we are going to have a busy morrow...."

With that Dexter retires for the night tossing his cup onto the counter and walking a bit sluggishly up the stairs.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Terik takes a sip from his ale and says:

"Well, my motive was not only the money but academic curiosity as well. You may say that I'm scholar so a door that appeared out of thin air triggered my curiosity and here I am. From your gun and outfit I get you aren't from Darkon right? You went there for a trip or you crossed the black door from a different land?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

The rest of you speak through the night and one by one you decide to retire for the night. You sleep soundly, through the night in a dreamless sleep. When you each wake up there is a cold about your body as if the blankets had come off some time during the night chilling the surface of your skin. Upon readying yourself for the day Dexter, Angelo, and Lin are already down below ready to go.

"Well, now that we are all awake we have a decision to make, do we go directly to the king's manor? Or should we check to see if that black door is still there..." said Dexter crossing his arms and looking at those that had gathered. There was no sign of anyone at the tavern, like there had been last night.

"I over heard that Barnaby would be headed out to investigate where we claimed the black door was," said Lin shrugging. "I'm sure if they find anything we'll know."

Angelo looked to be studying the end of his scythe intently looking at the holy symbols hanging from the end. He then looks up to the scythe and then from his robes he produces a small object, upon further examination it appears to be a dead mockingbird.

"Oh yeah that.... Angelo found that at his window. I think he might think it's an omen of some sort.... told him to throw it away but he's kept it thus far... not going to argue with a priest," said Dexter shrugging before he looked back to everyone gathered. "Well is this everyone?"

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Terik takes his time to wake up even he didn't have the best sleep ever. The wizard needs some time to elaborate the last day's facts. So many things have happened and so many still will happen in a matter of time. The wizard thinks for a moment the day they have ahead and carefully prepares his spells. When he is done he reaches the others at the common room.

"Good morning everyone."

Listening the news about the dead bird he says:

"I remember we have seen that kind of birds carved at the blackdoor. So yes I do believe is an omen and I dare to say that someone might want us out of here. Anyway, since Barnaby will go check if there is still the black door I don't think is necessary going with him. I prefer go to the king's manor."
- W H A T ! ? !
Ocule
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ocule »

Sebastien walks down the stairs, his hair neatly combed. His boots make an echo as they come down the stairs and he meets up with his new traveling company. He stops at the bottom of the stairs "good morning" he greets the rest of them and the innkeeper. He picks up a breakfast tea and some food from the counter and walks over to where the rest of the party is gathered

He nearly spits out his tea after noticing the bird "Why on earth do you have a dead bird in your hand" "Best throw that thing outside before you catch a cold. Or it tries to kill you..."
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Awaking at the same moment the sun rose on the horizon, or what he estimated to be the right moment, Tammerin proceeded to polish his gear. When the mage headed out of the room, he proceeded to oil and clean the rust from his greatsword since somehow, the only window in the chamber had been left open, allowing for a small bit of rust to appear on the blade. After all of his supplies and armaments were secured, the paladin proceeded down the stairs, prepared associate with the companions of whom he would be traveling with.

That was up until he noticed the dead bird on the table. Speaking in a hushed voice, Tammerin said, "Why is there a rotting avian carcass on the dining table at which you all sit?" Seeing as this was yet more proof that they were barbarians, rogues, and warriors that lacked proper discipline, especially the darkened priest, Tammerin proceeded to sit himself at the counter, away from all of them. In fact, so determined was Tammerin to make a point of sitting away from them, that he didn't notice the drink he poured into his goblet as something akin to rum up until he took a sip. "And what foul water this is..."
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Dexter snickers at a bit when Tammerin asks about his drink, though he soon returns his attention back to the conversation. "Well lets not waste any time than," said Dexter turning and heading out the door.

"I wonder what's got him so Ansy since getting here," asks Lin retorically before following suit. Angelo continues to look and examine the bird in his hand before following after everyone.

The Journey through town is silent, following the main road towards the largest building in the city you soon find yourselfs approaching a large double door expanse. The twenty foot wide doors are left slightly ajar allowing people to come and go freely. Embroidery covers the door but is tarnished with age.

Looks like it might have held a large symbol on it at one point but evidence of that is gone now. After the door an expanse of hallway lit only by the outside light flitters in. You can only see three large pillars before the place starts to fade into black, perhaps if the door's were opened wider it might reveal more of the room...