The Bridge to Nowhere

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: The Bridge to Nowhere

Post by VAN »

Terik bites his lip regretting a bit of what he said, now he can understand far better why Tammerin is behaving like that and why is so eager to help these people. Was like having a second chance to help those in need.

"I understand that your lifetime experience is stronger than mine and your motivations either. I will help you with these people here as I said, but I'm keen on getting back to Darkon. I have no intention of staying, I don't belong here. What I said still stands, we will do our part and then you can decide to either stay or come back with us."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

A grin appeared so big on Tammerin's face, he might as well have been the sun. "Now, that I can work with. Oh! Another note before we head to the library and the king. One thing I would like to work on with you, since you study the alternate of divinity, is a means of traveling between this world and your's. I know it would take a lot of time, but if we could create a device that would allow me to traverse the door more easily in order to help this world as well, that would help speed my travels to and from. Although, this would depend fully upon if you are willing to do so, and the time and research you and I would have to put into it when we have time at all. I'd pay you in full once I obtained the proper materials and gold if that is another of your worries."
ash
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by ash »

Fox remained silent as Rose finished talking, then left the room. Shortly after, everyone started talking, and eventually started arguing with each other. Fox merely broke away, looking at random things around the room, yet always listening to the conversation at hand. He didn't have memories of any other place besides this place full of undead, so he couldn't really relate with most of the group, so he wasn't totally against not helping out with this problem.

I don't have any intentions on staying in this undead infested land. If helping out these people will get me away faster than ill be more than happy to help. For now though, before any searching is started, I suggest we get some sleep. I don't know about you guys, but im exhausted.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Terik nods in agreement.

"I second that, lets have something to eat and find a place to spend the night."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Barnaby enters the room not long after you finish your conversation. He brings then shows you to food, which is rabbit stew with a bit of seasoning and potatos. After most have had their fill he shows you to what looks like might have been an Inn called the Whish-Wash-Whistle. Inside are about five people sitting all at one table while the other tables remain empty. He points upstairs for you guys. "We have plenty of spare rooms up there, just pick one up on the second floor, I think most of the third floor rooms have been taken already. We'll see you tomorrow morning, and If you'll excuse me!" speaks Barnaby as he heads off to the table of five people.

"We should sleep in pairs at the very least, just incase. We don't know how desperate these people are," commented Lin looking over at the table before back to the group. Dexter himself just shrugs. "So who would you be sleeping with then Lin? Prince charming here?" asked Dexter with somewhat of a sly grin.

"Angelo, will do just fine," said Lin not skipping a beat as she started upstairs. Angelo's face showed only indifference to the subject matter as he followed after her, stopping mid way up the stairs to look back at the group. Particularly at Terik, and Fox. He waves a hand in an elaborate gesture to mimic spellcasting, and then shakes a finger. Then he proceeds upwards after Lin.

"The least he could do is thank me..." said Dexter as he looked to those remaining and sighed scratching the back of his head. "Maybe I'll stay up just a little longer to talk to the locals over there, I want to see what they have to save about the King, and this Smiling man."
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Terik nods in Angelo, he didn't plan to cast spells anyway. At Dexter's words he smiles

"Good thinking Dexter, information is one of the most powerful weapons where I come from."

Turning to Tammerin he says:

"I can share the room with you if you want."
Last edited by VAN on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

"Actually I think it's more because it looks like they may be gambling over there..." says Dexter watching the table was nodding to Terik. When he mentions taking a room with Tammerin he feint relief and looks over to Fox. "So I guess that means you and me. Feel free to find a room, I shouldn't be too long I think."

ash
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by ash »

Fox felt pretty good after eating his fill and being shown to where they would be staying for the night. Then came the question about who would sleep with the only woman in the group. Fox was halfway to raising his hand and saying some stupid comment when Lin shot him, and damn near everyone else, down by picking Angelo... Lucky bastard. But at least he didn't need to room with the over-active paladin, so it wasn't a complete loss.

Yea, i'll find one soon.

Immediately, Fox made his way to the bar, and ordered himself a nice cold drink.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Not long after, Fox had shouted for the bartender to fill him up a cup, laughter erupted from the table and Dexter meadered over from the table and walked behind the table. "Take no offense, but they don't have a bartender so I'll be your bartender today. As long as you don't drink an obsessive amount it seems they don't care about sharing with strangers," said Dexter as he filled both himself and Fox's cup up. "Maybe it will bring back a few memories eh?"

He set it down before Fox and the worn face of Dexter smiled back at him. "That man in the far corner over there, he's been here for a few days already. Not sure where he came from they are telling me but there is one thing i'm sure of. That thing on him is a weapon I've only seen once in my life, won't ever forget it because it was loud as hell. Believe the Dementlieu's call it a pistol," said Dexter looking over at the man again. "Thinking about inviting him to join our little forray. I'm sure if we entice him with the reward we are getting when we get back to Darkon he might pipe up and offer his help."

Ocule
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ocule »

The man sits in the corner with a weak drink, his face more of that of a boy than a man. Perhaps just a young man in a brown victorian military leather jacket and a white ascot underneath his neck. A pair of welder's goggles ruffle his blonde hair and a 6 chambered revolver on his belt. He sits with drink in hand watching the embers in the fireplace.
ash
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by ash »

Thanks, and maybe this is the cause of my amnesia. Either way, it all taste the same.

Fox took the drink that Dexter offered him, taking a nice long draw from it, before checking out a man Dexter was looking at. He indeed had something on his belt which Fox had no memories of. It was some sort of boomstick by how Dexter was making it out to be.

Go for it. I think that boomstick he has will be handy in a fight.
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

When everyone stepped foot into the bar, Tammerin's mind picked up on the fact that they were all comfortable here. Rogues, warriors, barbarians, and the usual rarity are what he was use to. Yet, here Tammerin stands, a paladin of the sun, amongst rogues, warriors, and barbarians. Never did he really think he would associate with such a bunch. Sure, he belonged to a band of bards and magicians prior to all of this. Still, they followed a code, a manner of means by which one could govern the actions of their life.

How in the infinite realms fate had brought Tammerin into the domain of rogues, warriors, and barbarians, he did not know. And so, when Terik spoke to him, the only thing that he could generate enough thought to say was, "Sure...uh...sure. I'll have milk."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Terik looks a bit surprised Tammerin since he hasn't actually asked him what he wants to drink, but says nothing. The wizard realizes that the paladin should feel at least uncomfortable among all these people so different from him. Terik is feeling same way as well, he is a man of books, not a proper adventurer or fighter. But apart of bookworm he is also curious and this curiosity can get handy in a situation like this since could mask his uneasiness by studying the others and act like them. So he places his hand on Tammerin's shoulder and says:

"I will get you that milk bud, but try to appear a little more relaxed everyone in the room can see that you aren't comfortable. Lets get our drinks over there and join the others shall we?"

Terik orders an ale from himself and the milk for the paladin. Then joins the others at their table.
- W H A T ! ? !
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Dexter looks at the available things and then pulls out a cup. "Your in luck! They must have a cow somewhere around here," said Dexter as he poured milk and in the other cup alcohol for Terik. Then he proceeded over the the lonely man's table bringing another cup for the man. He sat down taking a long drink from his mug, before turning his scarred face over to the man with the gun.

"I know you can't be from around here because of that weapon at your belt, and I'm reckon that you came here by a black door just like us, and were we come from there's a reward if we make it back of 1,000 gold. A Man with your unique talents could prove useful," said Dexter trying to break the ice. He looked over to the table his group had gathered at. "Right there is most of my group, two of them are missing but I recon we could use another.... that is if you don't mind company my good friend."

Ocule
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ocule »

"Black door huh" He shifts himself in his chair. "I came by roadway, needed a guide to show me the way. Anyway a man can never have too many friends, but it depends. What would be the nature of our friendship, i dont normally throw my lot in with strangers" he looks at the newcomer with suspicion "Do you normally walk up to people and offer them a bag for their friendship." By his accent he is from Mordent, akin to an english accent.