Birthright Chapter Eight

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright Chapter Eight

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:
ewancummins wrote:FOERDE, EARLY MORNING, FOUR DAYS INTO HIS QUEST FOR THE ELF-KILLER

The man's face appears very suddenly before Foerde's sight, looming up out of the murky gloom; battle scars, a three-day beard, hard eyes, a mirthless grin, and something familiar about the lineaments of the face.

In a flash, the vision passes, and Foerde finds himself alone in the cramped garret above the Auld Oak's common room, which Brennan has let him use without charge these last few days.
Four days into his quest, Auld Oak, early morning

In hurry Foerde gets dressed and heads down stairs to find Brennan. The vision had to be the Elf-killer, so now Foerde knows what he looks like. This new information will help him out a great deal!

If Brennan has yet to awaken for his morning duties, he will instead prepare for his morning prayers and wait to speak to Brennan after.

After he has completed his morning prayers, Foerde finds Brennan cooking a big breakfast of ham and eggs in the kitchen.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Foerde sits down on a stool in the kitchen and takes in the smell of breakfast. "Smells good." He says.

"Had vision when I woke up, at least I think it happened when I woke up, this morning. I saw the Elf-killers face." He says. "Something familiar about his face, just not sure what at the moment." He adds.

He then go on to describe what he saw in his vision to Brennan.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brennan pauses for thought so long that he nearly burns his breakfast.

After hurriedly scraping the hot food onto a wooden plate, the husky innkeeper says,

''Yeah, that could be the same man I met, but aged. It's been years, so yeah...''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Filbert Renn, Roald, Torhur, Safana, Militia HQ

"I know what you mean Torthur, and I do also know that dwarves feel uncomfortable with magic. In fact I have never said that Shadow Realm is a happy place, it's quite the opposite if I may say...but is a sideway to cover really long distance in way less time than any horse or boat can do and of course you cannot be spotted by enemies once in there. But of course it has its own rules and enemies as well, need to be constantly aware and alarmed but a strong dwarf like you don't think will have problem in there."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:Filbert Renn, Roald, Torhur, Safana, Militia HQ

"I know what you mean Torthur, and I do also know that dwarves feel uncomfortable with magic. In fact I have never said that Shadow Realm is a happy place, it's quite the opposite if I may say...but is a sideway to cover really long distance in way less time than any horse or boat can do and of course you cannot be spotted by enemies once in there. But of course it has its own rules and enemies as well, need to be constantly aware and alarmed but a strong dwarf like you don't think will have problem in there."

"Clyde too. He be comin as well. Ever take a bear with ye or an animal? Any animals there?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I doubt I can get Clyde with us, sorry. To get more people in Shadow Realm they all need to hold my hands or arms and don't think a bear can do that. I know that he means a lot for you my friends but maybe it's actually better that way for Clyde. The Shadow Realm is a spooky place where you don't actually know what to expect, there are sounds you don't recognize, or cries or dead silence, every time is different... As for other animals, well I haven't seen any but have heard cries so might be I don't know. I don't plan to spend much time there, just the necessary till we go near the brothel unseen. Just wanted to tell you how it will be like, so you can expect literally everything. Captain or His Grace can tell you more, they both have been there with me."
Last edited by VAN on Fri May 03, 2013 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"How many peoples can ye take with ye? Lots or on'y a few?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well, max I ever gotten are 2...but I suppose if we make a circle holding hands I can get more."
- W H A T ! ? !
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

WATCH HQ

Roald looks to Filbert. "If I had a choice, I would prefer if you kept your...shadow walk ability in reserve, in case we need to make a fast getaway."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well I can use this ability 3 times a week, so we can use it to enter Lofton at least, I bet they will guard the borders and the river pretty well right now. And is also the detail that I can't actually enter the Shadow Realm from everywhere, need a...how to say...a spooky place...A place where has been a murder or a battlefield, or maybe in a deep hunted forest, graveyards etc. Yes I do know that these aren't the best locations to be and you would all avoid them but I have already told you this realm has its own rules and to get in there need to pass from a point when the borders is thin, such the places I mentioned above. We can keep the Shadow Walk as backup plan, but I'm afraid enter Lofton right now will not be a piece of cake and for sure we don't want to get caught ourselves."
- W H A T ! ? !
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Roald's eyebrows furrow. "Spooky? Like a graveyard or a battlefield, that kind of place? Should be plenty of those around Haes."

He glaces at Torthur and then back to Filbert.

"And Torthur would know of a pretty scary place in Lofton."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

CORMAC AND THE GOBLINS

"Tha's not good," Cormac muses, scratching at his beard, "Did the trader do somethin' to make the bird angry, or is it just killin' whoever it comes across?"

He looks up, loosening one piece of the hack-silver from the ring. "And do ye know where we migh' find this bird, if we wanted to try an' deal with it?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes there are, I have crossed the Shadow Realm in Haes once from a graveyeard nearby and once from His Grace bedroom, you know the room who was found, you know, assassinated."

Filbert drugs his words at the last part, is clear that he feels uncomfortable talking about the old Duke's assassination.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:Roald's eyebrows furrow. "Spooky? Like a graveyard or a battlefield, that kind of place? Should be plenty of those around Haes."

He glaces at Torthur and then back to Filbert.

"And Torthur would know of a pretty scary place in Lofton."

Torthur frowns, eyes narrowing. "Yeah I does an Reigon is gonner git it good."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Sounds like a plan then, anyone else that might be interested?"
- W H A T ! ? !