more Stat Blocks for my Pathfinder/Ravenloft campaign

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: more Stat Blocks for my Pathfinder/Ravenloft campaign

Post by Nemesio »

The whole rules system feels like one big template. The Mythic campaign template! I believe it has its uses though. I like it more than the Epic Level Handbook rules, which turned made 3rd edition too much like Dragon Ball Z. The mythic tier system seems great in theory, but I'd like to test it out a bit... How about it? Zilfer the Archmage? ;)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

lol! xD
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Zilfer wrote:I'm forgetting the NPC's youve already done... sooo.... I may just be repeating myself xD.

The founders of the Lamplighters would be nice.

I believe the player wants to eventually become a lamp lighter so the two leaders would be awesome.

Their names are.... Sheriff Owen Finhallen and Sir Samuel Cosse. :D
From my sadly defunct settlement stats thread:

My quick conversions barring any prestige class conversion or new archetypes [for lamplighters]:

Sheriff Own Finhallen (LG male human lore warden fighter 9 / urban ranger 6)
Sir Samuel Cosse (LG male human pistolero gunslinger 12 / urban ranger 3 / investigator rogue 2 )
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

The Giamarga wrote:
Zilfer wrote:I'm forgetting the NPC's youve already done... sooo.... I may just be repeating myself xD.

The founders of the Lamplighters would be nice.

I believe the player wants to eventually become a lamp lighter so the two leaders would be awesome.

Their names are.... Sheriff Owen Finhallen and Sir Samuel Cosse. :D
From my sadly defunct settlement stats thread:

My quick conversions barring any prestige class conversion or new archetypes [for lamplighters]:

Sheriff Own Finhallen (LG male human lore warden fighter 9 / urban ranger 6)
Sir Samuel Cosse (LG male human pistolero gunslinger 12 / urban ranger 3 / investigator rogue 2 )
Hey Giamarga. My thread has been just as defunct, but I'm trying to breath a little life into it again. ;)

Are you asking me to write up stat blocks for these guys?
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Or are you just answering my questions? I like those two NPC's, Mordent being where one of my one on one Campaign that (has died off a bit lately) I was thinking about switching to pathfinder with.

Again I got a game coming up, i'm still trying to decide between Pathfinder and/or 3.x for my yearly ravenloft game. (month of October basically)

I need to narrow down where It should be and what about!!! I have too many options is the problem and can't pick! Paralyzed from Ravenloft Info Overload!

The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

I just wanted to give Zilfer a bit of an answer. If you want to flesh out their stats I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with. Like the Dukkar btw.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Again too lazy to look through the topic at the moment while at work but did you do Hysoka? Might use him.... hmm.....

is Hysoka the 'mistake' Dukkar? The one besides Malocchio? if i remember right there was 2 of them.... xD hmmm....

Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Zilfer wrote:Again too lazy to look through the topic at the moment while at work but did you do Hysoka? Might use him.... hmm.....

is Hysoka the 'mistake' Dukkar? The one besides Malocchio? if i remember right there was 2 of them.... xD hmmm....
I guess that's up to individual DMs to decide. Malocchio is certainly trying to rid the world of Vistani though, and Hyskosa isn't, but who knows what happens to the Vistani when the Demiplane dissolves...
Last edited by Nemesio on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Ah.... so can their be male vistani who ARENT Dukkar and have the sight? I thought there was multiple.... (maybe missread something here)

Mortavius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mortavius »

AFAIK, there are no male vistani with the sight who are not Dukkars. That's why they are killed when they are born (although I have no idea how they know a baby has the sight).

The whole concept is one that male vistani just cannot have the Sight; that's something only the women can control without bringing destruction to the world.

There have been examples of Dukkar's in previous Ravenloft material that weren't labeled as such, but it's agreed that those were errors. The one that leaps to mind makes an appearance in the oft-maligned Requiem trilogy.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Mortavius wrote:AFAIK, there are no male vistani with the sight who are not Dukkars. That's why they are killed when they are born (although I have no idea how they know a baby has the sight).

The whole concept is one that male vistani just cannot have the Sight; that's something only the women can control without bringing destruction to the world.

There have been examples of Dukkar's in previous Ravenloft material that weren't labeled as such, but it's agreed that those were errors. The one that leaps to mind makes an appearance in the oft-maligned Requiem trilogy.
Yet Molocchio doesn't have the Sight at all. He has other strange powers due to his fiendish heritage...
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Mortavius wrote:AFAIK, there are no male vistani with the sight who are not Dukkars. That's why they are killed when they are born (although I have no idea how they know a baby has the sight).

As Nemesio said wouldn't taht make him a non Dukkar? But he's THE Dukkar I thought..... hmm....

Furthermore every time I hear the 'sight' is just for women my mind always jumps to the

bene geserit (sp?) from Dune. Good book btw!

Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Zilfer wrote:Furthermore every time I hear the 'sight' is just for women my mind always jumps to the

bene geserit (sp?) from Dune. Good book btw!
Totally! ;)
Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

A Dukkar is a male Vistani with the Sight who grows to adulthood. Although they're not always evil, they are destined to bring great suffering to the Vistani.

There are three that I know of:

Hyskosa
Malocchio
The kid from the Requiem adventures (who probably wasn't intended to be one, but he's instrumental in bringing about the Requiem, so he still achieves the "great suffering" aspect of things)

Are you sure Malocchio's stats don't include the Sight? It's not a big part of his schtick, but I think it's there.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

There is never any mention of the Sight in Malocchio's stats from The Evil Eye, Domains of Dread, or Gazetteer IV. In Gazetteer IV his stats do include Dukkar abilities, but still no mention of the Sight. This is why it has always been in my opinion that Hyskosa is the true Dukkar and Malocchio is an upstart. Maybe, the Gentleman Caller gave creating his own Dukkar a shot, but his offspring was ultimately a disappointment?

I don't know much about the kid, but I'd guess that all three "Dukkars" will play big roles in the Time of Unparalleled Darkness