Pathfinder in the Mists

Discussing all things Ravenloft
IrvyneWolfe
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Re: Pathfinder in the Mists

Post by IrvyneWolfe »

Zilfer wrote:Not sure if it was covered previously but Black Blade Magus' might have "Black Mithril" blades of the Shadow Fey? I was just reading through the shadow fey today and noticed it might fit.
I'm enthralled by the idea that they may be made with shards of Ebonbane after it was broken by Alexi Shadowborn
"...Well that just happened." - Nora, upon failing her first powers check.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

IrvyneWolfe wrote:
Zilfer wrote:Not sure if it was covered previously but Black Blade Magus' might have "Black Mithril" blades of the Shadow Fey? I was just reading through the shadow fey today and noticed it might fit.
I'm enthralled by the idea that they may be made with shards of Ebonbane after it was broken by Alexi Shadowborn
Sound be since Black Blades Magus' are usually using an Intelligent weapon that grows stronger as time goes on. Perhaps working on gaining power to eventually free itself by giving pieces of itself to other powerful magic warriors? Perhaps the Men of Shadows could have a counter organization that seeks to free Ebonbane? Not only do they protect against Ebonbane getting free of his own accord but also black blades? I seem to recall like 4 keys or something needing to be found each year to lock him away for another year as everyone goes on a basically holy quest to Avoleigh?

Perhaps the 4 keys are the Black Blades that appear that year? Something similar could probably be done no? Food for though I guess.

Edit: Especially if the Player is one, and the other side tries to turn him against the Hero of Shadows early before he knows of their organization. Or that the Hero of Shadows people mistake him as one of the opposing orders because he has one of the keys?
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

I have used the Alchemist class for Mordenheim (and made him solo Dark Lord) but I used you Darklords stat blocks as base for mine several time.
Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

Thank you. I'm glad you've found them useful.
Gautsu
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Gautsu »

Thank you for all the work and effort. I have spent roughly 3 hours tonight going through the back pages of this post so I apologize if this has been answered already, but we're any of the classes released in later Pathfinder products ever updated Ravenloft? The occult classes and the Vigilante would seem to be perfect fits, as well as Investigator. I could see places where Shamans, Skalds, Ninjas, and so on would also seem to function ideally. Lastly, I could see Brawler's working in several places; if I was going to flesh out a version of Adam I might make him one, rather than just a straight fighter. And I could possibly see the strangler archetype being used for several other NPC's/Darklords (mostly with a rogue mix/dip): Salazar, Sodo, Malken maybe.

Again Thank you for all of the work. I look forward to perusing the rest of the thread and the netbooks. I am currently working on coberting the Grand Conjunction adventures to PF and then fleshing them out to a full adventure path, so this is invaluable!
PrinceoftheRavens
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by PrinceoftheRavens »

I had a question, would you think the Linnorms would be in Ravenloft? They are close to dragons. but they are full of hate and want to kill anything that comes near it. They seem to fit in Ravenloft just for the hate, and they are close to mindless. I was just curious on anyone's thoughts on the matter, since dragons are near non-existent in Ravenloft.

In case anyone can't recall them offhand. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monst ... s/linnorm/
Mischief
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mischief »

PrinceoftheRavens wrote:I had a question, would you think the Linnorms would be in Ravenloft? They are close to dragons. but they are full of hate and want to kill anything that comes near it. They seem to fit in Ravenloft just for the hate, and they are close to mindless. I was just curious on anyone's thoughts on the matter, since dragons are near non-existent in Ravenloft.

In case anyone can't recall them offhand. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monst ... s/linnorm/
Statblocked lindworm for 5e.