Come one, come all come to The Carvival: The Woodcutter

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Come one, come all come to The Carvival: The Woodcutter

Post by VAN »

Boiros notices Percy's nervousness and says:

"Don't worry Percy I'm sure you will do just fine plus both me and the others will be there to help if you need anything. Plus I'm a cleric I can heal you if you get hurt. But if you don't feel it by all means you can stay here or at the temple, I don't want to force you doing something you don't want to."

Looking around Boiros spots an axe.

"Let me help you guys, in 3 we will finish faster."

The cleric starts cutting logs even if it's clear he has never done it before.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Nemesio wrote:"Of course. Once we have finished up here we would be happy to join you."

Tirso looks at the woodcutter and shrugs, a little embarrassed, and says: "I guess we are needed elsewhere in town."
"So you are. If you need any help just ask. Isolde did me a good turn with her business. With all the wood she bought I was able to buy 3 axes, a new big saw, a new bed and some clothes. What does she need with all that wood anyways?" he replies.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Tirso embeds the woodcutter's axe in a tree stump and shuffles over to shake his hand. "Sure. We could use your help. For now we need to relocate some very large and cranky badgers, but we will really need your support when we attempt to put Jezra Wagner's spirit to rest."
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Nemesio wrote:Tirso embeds the woodcutter's axe in a tree stump and shuffles over to shake his hand. "Sure. We could use your help. For now we need to relocate some very large and cranky badgers, but we will really need your support when we attempt to put Jezra Wagner's spirit to rest."
He looks startled for a second "Really? How would you do that?"
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

"Suffice to say we have a plan but its complicated. That is why we need local support. We don't expect anyone to endanger themselves though. Mainly we need witnesses to the event, successful or no. If I have said nothing to alleviate your worry I apologize. One of my friends may be better able to satisfy you with an answer."

Tirso once again extends his hand to the woodsman. Then he asks everyone:

"Who wants to practice catching bears by trying to catch abnormally large badgers?"
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Nemesio wrote:"Suffice to say we have a plan but its complicated. That is why we need local support. We don't expect anyone to endanger themselves though. Mainly we need witnesses to the event, successful or no. If I have said nothing to alleviate your worry I apologize. One of my friends may be better able to satisfy you with an answer."

Tirso once again extends his hand to the woodsman. Then he asks everyone:

"Who wants to practice catching bears by trying to catch abnormally large badgers?"
He says "Well if it doesn't endanger me I won't mind coming. I would help my patroness".
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Grimm flipped an ax up and caught it before implanting it in word. He almost wondered what it would have been like to have been an woodcutter. "Well as my Friend said it shouldn't be dangerous for you, but what's this I hear about dire badgers?"
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros hands his axe back to the Woodcutter and looks at how many logs Grimm has cut and how many he did...There was far no comparison of who is better woodcutter! Catching Tirso trying to reassure the Woodcutter of his part at the ritual the cleric says:

"It is exactly as my friend Tirso said kind sir. You have my word as champion of the Maiden, cleric of Ezra that we will do our best to not endanger neither you nor anyone else that would like to help us. As the cleric of Morninglord said we will slay the bears, do the ritual etc, we just need few people to be witness. If you can be so kind and maybe ask more people to help us, we will be really thankful. We really want to put Jezra Wagner's spirit to rest so there will be no more deaths because of her."

Turning to Grimm Boiros says:

"You heard well my friend, Ms Jazarea of the herbalism shop has troubles with 2 dire badgers at the woods 4 miles west from here. I'm sure that apart of cutting logs your skills will be really handful to us."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Grimm grins. Like the sometimes uttered phrase he seemed to do this often enough. "Well I guess we'll find out, let us be on our way. Do you think we could lure the badgers with some meat or something? It's always good to get the jump on your enemies." said Grimm scratching the small amount of stubble he had grown.

Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

"Yes lets get on with it!"

Tirso waves a knowing finger as he talks and walks on his bony spurs.

"A giant badger can be even more lethal than your typical bear. We supposedly have two of these monsters to deal with. Hopefully they have no young or they will be extra nasty. Badgers are usually nocturnal, so if we can pick up their trail, find their lair, and set up some kind of ambush while the sun is yet high in the sky it would definitely be to our benefit. As far as luring the beasts goes, normal badgers usually feed on worms, grubs, roots, and small animals. Giant ones probably will eat whatever they can get their claws on."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros pats his sword and says:

"Sounds like a plan, lets go. If you guys think some meat will help us to set an ambush for the direbadgers then by all means lets get some and hit the road as the sun is still high."
Last edited by VAN on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

You get to the woods and your ranger easily finds some dire badger tracks. You finally see them through the trees and you are about 100' from the right now and they don't seem to notice you yet as you have been quiet and are downwind of them.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Tirso points at the dire badgers and motions for his allies to follow him. He keeps the party down wind and urges them to get far enough away from their quarry as to not alert them, so that he and the others can discuss a quick strategy. Once he's a comfortable distance away he states:

"Well finding them was easier than expected. I guess we have to do decide whether to launch an attack or come up with something a little less severe. Can we handle this problem without bloodshed? These creatures are dangerous and cannot coexist peacefully with humans. How could we relocate them to a less populated area? Or would it be to much trouble? I tell you: One of those beasts could easily kill two armed men. We should consider the options carefully.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

"Would they relocate? I'm not sure why they are here in the first place. Maybe they do have cubs like you said or maybe this is just their fertile 'picking' ground." said Grimm as he looked back towards the dire badgers. He kept his voice low to where even he could hardly hear himself.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Zilfer wrote:"Would they relocate? I'm not sure why they are here in the first place. Maybe they do have cubs like you said or maybe this is just their fertile 'picking' ground." said Grimm as he looked back towards the dire badgers. He kept his voice low to where even he could hardly hear himself.

"No, this is where they are. I n-n-n-n-eed to be fifteen feet from t-t-h-hem to cast my sp-p-p-ell. I r-r-r-reaally h-h-h-ope I c-c-c-can
d-d-oo the spell r-rr--rright."