Mockingbird Lane

Books, movies, television and everything else
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mockingbird Lane

Post by Trike »

I just saw the pilot episode on NBC.com. I hear the show has already been cancelled. But I highly recommend giving it a watch. It was deliciously funny and a welcome break from the endless barrage of doctor, detective, reality shows that we are being force-fed.

Eddie Izzard was particularly cool as Grandpa Munster! He may be my new Harkon Lukas. For some reason, I can just see him in the role. Sans women's clothes, of course. Eddie Izzard looks fantastic in women's clothes. Harkon Lukas? Not so much.

Oops, a link might help:

http://www.nbc.com/mockingbird-lane/
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Mockingbird Lane

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Trike wrote:Eddie Izzard was particularly cool as Grandpa Munster! He may be my new Harkon Lukas. For some reason, I can just see him in the role. Sans women's clothes, of course. Eddie Izzard looks fantastic in women's clothes. Harkon Lukas? Not so much.
What? Harkon looks stunning in women's clothes.... when he's in his female form. Or creepily impersonating his own daughter with his hat of disguise, as he did in FoG. :)

Thanks for the link, I've been meaning to check this one out. It's an ... interesting premise. Could be great. Could be terrible.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Joël of the FoS

Re: Mockingbird Lane

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Watched the pilot, was fun!
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)