A Touch of Evil Boardgame

Books, movies, television and everything else
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

A Touch of Evil Boardgame

Post by Trike »

So, I've been looking at this boardgame for a while and I really want to buy it. But I'm already a couple hundred dollars into Arkham Horror and Fury of Dracula (CURSE YOU, FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES!).

Has anyone played Touch of Evil? I'd like to hear a little bit about it before I dive into another boardgame system.

Every time I go to the local game store it is there.....calling to me.....

Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: A Touch of Evil Boardgame

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I'd meant to do a full review of this one eventually, but here's what I had to say in the thread about the Castle Ravenloft game:

As a counterpoint, we also played "A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game" this weekend. WotC could've bought this from Flying Frog, changed a few names and called it "A Touch of Evil: The Ravenloft Game" and it would've been 10 times closer in feel to the Ravenlot setting than the CR boardgame is. It has two mode, competitive and cooperative. We played competitive but will probably play co-op from now on due to the frustrating endgame of the competitive version. But until that endgame, it was very fun and incredibly thematic.
It hasn't hit the table lately, but I've been meaning to play it again sometime. We liked it far better than Arkham Horror, too. (Haven't played fury of dracula yet. I keep trying to snag it in a math trade and failing.) In brief, Thumbs up, you'll like it!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."