Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Gather information 12

Also should fit with my post as she is actively seeking information after she leaves the dive. So can count the roll for with FEz and the rest of the time?

No problem. It is so.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Adam wrote:I am actually a cleric. Not that you would know by looking at me...but yeah.

I may take you up on the heraldry thing. Rogerson is actually the old-english origin of my last name, Rogers. So, I may send you our family crest and see what you can come up with.
Sure, would be happy to look at it. If the charges are not to unusual, I should be able to find the components online.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

If the donkey has saddle packs or bags he will search them.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Maybe everybody else is already using this, but since I'm pretty new to Birthright I've found this website pretty helpful in explaining the setting, even though all the stats are in 3rd ed and obviously some things are going to differ between our version of Tournen an the "official" one.

www.birthright.net/forums/showwiki.php?title=Tuornen
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Is there any window open Ewan, or one that Filbert can open easily from outside withour been seen?
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

[dice]0[/dice]

Okay, the Hunstman gets spidey sense. Something aint right.

let's keep it simple:
initiative PCs
[dice]1[/dice]
initiave NPCs
[dice]2[/dice]

Opening combat will probably be shooting or just evasion.

You guys go first. Since Cormac spotted the baddies first, he'll go at the top of the round. Then the Hunstman, and then the archers.

Post your actions and rolls, guys.

Yes, you can take cover as an action.You could duck and shoot, but getting really good cover -- not just concealment-- is probably the whole round. If you don't fire or do spell, but just evade and hide, I'll take into account the 'full move.'

Mike, that thing you mentioned is up.

Surprise check donkey...
[dice]3[/dice]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Note on updates--
I'll be travelling over the weeked, so I don't know how often I will update. I don't know that I won't be able to do it, though, so go ahead and post if you feel like it.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Thing have been really busy the past week, but I'll have an update on Tuesday!
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Rolled a 13 to attack with Cormac's bow.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3699161/
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

[dice]0[/dice] +3

damage if hits [dice]1[/dice]+4

Yay! I hit an AC of 10!

If he can fire his other arrow after standing up, he will.. so rolls just in case.

[dice]2[/dice]+3

[dice]3[/dice]+4
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The baddies get limited cover and concealment bonuses (penalties to your shots)

I'm assuming that Cormac took one quick shot and ducked fro some better C&C versus the guys up on the heights.

You both still managed to hit once each.

[dice]0[/dice] adjusted

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Dex check- [dice]0[/dice]
passed

Dex check [dice]1[/dice]

failed

falling damage

[dice]2[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Okay, further actions for Cormac and the Huntsman?

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Player roster:
• JMatyr
• RocEtr
• Van
• Adam
• BrockMarshRunoff
• Tarlyn
• Slot reserved for Joe (one of the original roster; his computer is now once more in working order)
• Slot reserved for Skybolt (but maybe not for much longer-- I haven’t been able to contact him thus far…)
Open slot-- A new player may join.

Nine players is a big group, but it should work for a campaign of this type, with split scenes being common. The PCs are not now, and may not ever be, a single ‘adventuring party’ in the traditional sense.

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Hey, Ewan.

I was hoping I could claim your open slot. Like we discussed before, my character concept was sellsword of illegitimate birth.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.