The Legend of Korra

Books, movies, television and everything else
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Legend of Korra

Post by steveflam »

Hey everybody! I am a big cartoon buff and I have watched the Avatar series. The Legend of Korra is Ang's successor and I honestly like it as much or even better than the original series!

Anyone seen it, watched the original series etc etc etc? Thoughts, ideas?
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Re: The Legend of Korra

Post by A G Thing »

Been watching it on saturdays when I have the time... I like it as well though I am waiting to catch a couple episodes I missed...

Did you watch the season finale?
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I am on episode 8 and I think the season finale is episode 10, right?
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Yeah the season finale is a two part thing so really it is episodes 9 & 10 I believe... It was on today! From all I have heard they got the green light for 24 episodes so another season is coming I believe! :D
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matney X
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Matney X »

I LOVED this series. As a GM, I'm blown away by the world craft that has gone into the Last Airbender universe (if the writers ever present on world crafting, I want to be there), and the fact that they stick with the rules they create. Korra wasn't as good as The Last Airbender series, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good show. It was obviously more mature -- which made since, because I suspect their target audience was made up mostly of people who watched the original series -- and I appreciated how intense some of the episodes were. My ONLY issue with the show was...
VIEW CONTENT:
... at the end, after Korra had her bending taken away, it was returned to her without much effort or fanfare by simply linking with all the past Avatars. I was hoping for more than half an episode where she could only air-bend, which would have forced her to explore the spirit world side. Give me a season of THAT.

IMO, giving it back to her so easily was a cowardly way to make sure everything was A-Okay at the end of a season that may have been the only one (except it was picked up for a second season before the first episode aired).
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Agreed on the world crafting and the spoilers section as well though I can see the reason for it... I loved Korra and can't wait to add it to my DVD/Bluray collection. Still I hope they can keep the second season as interesting and I want to see more side character depth increase a bit next season. Only fault I had beyond some of the minor ones like you mentioned was that the pacing made it feel a bit rushed. They don't have the long draw of the first series to bring in characters or to balance arcs for the story so I hope they can keep the story balanced as it does not seem to follow book arc structure as well as the first did. Story reveals seem to come and go and characters were introduced almost too quickly sometimes.

Still looking forward to season 2! XD
Matney X
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Matney X »

A G Thing wrote:Only fault I had beyond some of the minor ones like you mentioned was that the pacing made it feel a bit rushed. They don't have the long draw of the first series to bring in characters or to balance arcs for the story so I hope they can keep the story balanced as it does not seem to follow book arc structure as well as the first did. Story reveals seem to come and go and characters were introduced almost too quickly sometimes.
I agree. There was hardly any real development of Mako and Bolin, or even pre-show Korra. The adult Team Avatar seem awesome, though, and I hope they reveal more of their story. And whatever happened to Zuko's mom.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I love the series and eagerly expect the next season. I just miss the more "destructive" and powerful effects I saw in the original avatar series, that I've watched through season 2 at the time.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Well it was in urban settings more often so perhaps that is to be expected a bit. Still maybe next season will get a bit more over the top for you! :)