The Silent Hill HD Pack

Books, movies, television and everything else
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Silent Hill HD Pack

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

Silent Hill HD Pack 4/5 Stars (1.5/5 for PS3 version until fixes are released)
Good: Updated graphics, sound, and voices, updated dialogue
Bad: No original Silent Hill, just SH2 and 3
Ugly: PS3 version is notoriously glitched with drops in frame rates, audio loops, and other issues

If you never got the chance to play some of the original Silent Hill games, this is your chance. It doesn't have the original, uber-creepy Silent Hill game so you'll have to check eBay, Amazon, and others if you don't have it (PS1 emulators can be had free at romnation.com). It does have the second and third games, though, and the graphics, sound, music, and dialogue have been redone nicely. Unfortunately, for the PS3 version, the game is very badly bugged; I would recommend waiting if you plan to buy the PS3 version. This would have had a full 5/5 Stars if it did have the original Silent Hill, but c'est la vie. It's still a nice walk down memory lane for some of us and a chance to play two Silent Hill titles no longer in production for others.

Now I wait patiently for Resident Evil 6, due out in fall. Hopefully a good RE release for 2012 (O:RC is pretty lousy IMO).
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Silent Hill HD Pack

Post by Zilfer »

O:RC lame? I haven't played it but I was kind of wondering about getting this. I may have beat you in the Downpour section but it looks like you beat me in the HD collection! :P

I just can't wait until I get the money to go grab it and relive the memories of playing James Sunderland. :D

Then I get the added pleasure of playing a "new" silent hill game. (I haven't played SH 3 before so :D)
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf