Mass effect 3

Discussing all roleplaying games
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Mass effect 3

Post by alhoon »

While the last ten mins were vague, true the ending was pretty, pretty clear.

If they want to make something, they'll have to stick with prequels. Which also makes sense since ME1-ME3 changed the galaxy quite a lot for a new game in that universe set in say 5 years from the ending to be considered part of the same universe. Perhaps 20 years from the events? Yeah, that's possible. 5 years before ME1? Yeah that's possible too, and easier IMO.

We could see a game or even a trilogy with less far-reaching scope than Reapers attack to wipe out galaxy. OK, you could save a large colony of earth from the Batarians or some other antagonist and save in total like 1 billion aliens and humans. Stop a war somewhere that could escalate and again threaten a good portion of the galaxy. Stop a plot that would tear the council appart in what would deny Earth an embassy on the citadel (something other races have been waiting for centuries for).
There are things to do before the trilogy.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

VIEW CONTENT:
Alhoon this is a bit back there when you said this, but in the cutscene where they are on the "jungle planet" as i guess people have been calling it. It's pretty clear they are not on earth. You have a large secondary planet up in the atmosphere that seems to have it's own life equally as 'jungly' as the one the normandy had just crash landed on.

Why the Normandy seems to have jumped through a mass relay before the relay exploded is anyone's guess. My guess would Joker didn't want to loose Edi. But of course that only makes sense if you have the destruction ending, and got Joker and Edi to have a relationship.

Replay the ending Alhoon and I think it's pretty clear that it's not africa on earth... they crash landed on a planet far away.

This leaves me to wonder how the hell my party got back on the normandy and then proceeded to leave the battle? I can't make any "certain" sense out of why this would happen when Garrus, and Tali were right next to me until the final charge to that huge beam of light. (Then they are shown getting out of the normandy that crashed on another planet?)

Don't know, sounds like some news has gone on about the editing of the ending. I'm pretty sure they'll do a good job. :P I want one of shepard god damnit! xD
Last edited by Zilfer on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Zilfer... I haven't caught that. And after you told me that, I don't want to replay the ending and spoil my memory of it with your imput. :( It doesn't make any sense at all, as you say for the reasons you say.

PS. Spoiler tags please. :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Yeah Probably best you don't go back and play if it you want to believe the way that you do.

and OH SHOOT! (was my responce to your post when i realized Spoilers xD)

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Anyway, I hope that in the DLC ending they tell us some more things about what happened After the final 5 mins of the game. Like enough to give us an idea how the world would be in 2 months from the final battle.
My DMGuild work!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a ... unced.html

The new ending will be available as a free download at 26th of June.
My DMGuild work!
Jester of the FoS

So I played through the end again. "The End" being the final Cerberus base onward.
Did some multiplayer first and got my readiness rating up to 100%, for a couple achievements prior.

Not much changes until the final charge. There's a brief cutscene to explain why your allies aren't with you and might be on the Normandy (can't remember if that was there before) and a couple other explanatory moments, such as a call to "meet-up at the rendezvous point" to explain the Normandy being at FTL. The Catalyst has some extra dialogue options to expand and explain, but nothing we couldn't already guess by reading between the lines.

The big addition was a voice over after the crash, with slides showing how the galaxy (or rather the big races) are affected by you changes. Where the Quarrens are, how the Krogan fare, what's up with the Geth, etc. This is really nice and kinda what I wanted. Although, I repeatedly took the "f*ck over Krogan" options so those weren't happy slides for me.

The interesting thing is, when you think about it, in all three endings there is a way for more Shepard stories. There's a way for him to come back.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

It didn't change too much I'll stay that right now. It was appreciated for work, and it being free. I still would have liked a different ending, but you know its their game so they do what they gotta do.

I'm also still disappointed that Shepard has no mention if you pick the destroy (you still see him breath at the end) but there's no mention of him ever coming back. :(

It's worth getting to patch some holes, but don't expect it to be game redefining.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Well, it was good though. It explained most of what I wanted to see. The simple "Get the heck out" would explain the armada's fate... except in the destruction ending.
For some reason, in the destruction ending a large part of the armada remains stranded around earth, and they have to rebuild the citadel to get the heck out.

The best ending IMO, for the fate of the galaxy, is not synthesis anymore, but control. Have the reapers build back the relays. Yeah, sucks for EDI, but it's one VI.
Are the Geth affected? It seems they did, but why? Did they had Reaper tech like EDI?
My DMGuild work!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Eh, still haven't liked those two endings. XD

They did enter in an "escape clause" that made the ending much better for me which was the fact that it wouldn't take very long for all the races to rebuild the technology that was "destroyed". With all those Reapers in the area I can only imagine their current tech would also take leaps and bounds because now they had FULL reapers to build from and could rebuild the relays. :D Which I'm pretty sure they did in my version of the destruction ending.

Jester of the FoS

Zilfer wrote:I'm also still disappointed that Shepard has no mention if you pick the destroy (you still see him breath at the end) but there's no mention of him ever coming back. :(
Yes there is.
In the final scene with the Stargazer. The child asks for another tale of "The Shepard". Implying, regardless of the ending, s/he comes back.
In the Control, she becomes the Catalyst and can return like that. In Destroy he lives. In Synthesis Shepard becomes part of every living thing, the blueprint for amalgamation.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

That ending with the stargazer was more or less the same with the ending on release IIRC. The story refers to the DLCs about the "stories of Shepard" and his fight with the reapers as long as I'm concerned.

With the Control, Shepard doesn't become the catalyst, that is blown up. She(in my game) becomes the "Guardian" or something, which seemed... more.
My DMGuild work!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Yeah, that scene is the same as the last. It's said though that Shepard's sacrifice won't be wasted, kind of implying that Shepard never shows up again. (At least in the destroy ending despite seeing that intake of breath. I'm currently just pretending he survives AND doesn't want to be famous in the spotlight anymore, so goes into hiding type of thing.)

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Oooor that s/he sacrificed her/his humanity or just good looks or something. If they want to, they can bring back shepard disfigured or with missing limbs. However, I don't find that appealing. I always considered Shepard's story to be 3 large chapters and that's all.

I'm pretty sure they will use the mass effect universe though. Pre-Reapers or several years after reapers. After-Reapers should be later enough so they can go by generic references of "the Reapers did a lot of damage, that's mostly healed now through the sacrifice of Shepard" without having to show you Reapers in the background fixing things in case you went for destruction.
If you went for SYNTHESIS though... that would be far harder to ignore.
So if they go for after-reapers, it would have either to be Synthesis declared canon or non-Synthesis declared canon.
My DMGuild work!