Journeys to the West

Discussing all roleplaying games
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Journeys to the West

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Hi everyone,
FYI, a new Wolfgang Baur / Open Design project.
Journeys to the West.

Open Design's products are amongst the best out there. Pretty high standards of quality. (IMHO.)
They are every generous with word count, extras, etc.

The more backers there are, the more goodies we get.

If you have never been a patron, now's the time. And this could be added easily to any of the RL seas. Midgard (Open Design's default setting) has a darker side to it which blends really well with RL.

In my (too long on hold now) RL campaign, I have replaced Nartok, Darkon with the Free City of Zobeck without any problems.

Other products of interest to RL-lovers OTOH.

Tales of the old Margeave (adv/setting book)
Streets of Zobeck (Noir urban adv / setting book)
Tales of Zobeck (Adv)
The Adv / Setting ration is something like 80% / 20%.

No idea what Courts of the Shadow Fey is like, but it sounds interesting...

Yeah, I'm a fan. :)

I'll try to write reviews...

Patrick
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Journeys to the West

Post by HuManBing »

Not to be confused with the Chinese epic fantasy story "Journey to the West", which involves lunatic shapechanging monkeys, male pregnancies among celibate Buddhist monks, and a successful revolt against all the gods in Heaven. :D

Nice work, I admire anybody who has the creativity to write a sourcebook, and especially the determination to see it through to publication!

Looking forward to reviews/previews. :)
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Hey HB,

(BTW, you just blew my mind with that Chinese story!)

Just to clarify things.
I am a patron for Journeys. I do not represent Open Design in any way, shape or form.
I do not get any money either. This is not MY project (sadly).

And we just went over 8K today! Wow!

Patrick

PS: But I am working on a side project... :)
A Victorian thingy which is too early to call a setting / adventure... I'll keep you guys posted.
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

What started off as something like a 3K project has raised ALMOST 10K!!!!
The project is 130$ away from other great treats! WOO! HOO!
Or should I say AAARRRHHH!
:)

Patrick
If anybody is interested...
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Whoah, tough crowd.
:)
We are 670$ from 11,500$. Which would mean an extra 16 page adventure from Wolfgang Baur. (Whose work can so fit into Ravenloft!)

Again, I am a patron, don't get a dime from this, but I do get GREAT PFRPG stuff!
And there are 65 hours left!!!!

Here is what we're looking at.

Patrick

Expanded Rewards

If Journeys to the West exceeds the $4,200 funding threshold, you will get more material included in the project: More pages of adventure, more art, more maps, a hardcover edition, and/or rewards given at a lower level.

Details on all the options seem a bit premature now, but Journeys will definitely seen an expanded 128-page book (33% more!) if funding hits $5,500. NOW INCLUDED

An ocean chart poster map for all backers will happen if Journeys reaches $6,500: provided in PDF for $25 and under backers, and in glorious print for bigger backers! NOW INCLUDED

A set of treasure maps. a logbook, secret aboleth glyphs, additional art to show players, deck plans, and other player handouts if Journeys reaches $8,000. NOW INCLUDED

A complete pirate secret society writeup with leaders, monsters, lair, ships, and nefarious plans, a 16-page standalone mini-expansion for all backers if the project reaches $9,000. NOW INCLUDED

If Journeys reaches $10,000, all backers at the $25 level will get a print copy of the softcover book (includes US shipping, requires $10 shipping for international backers). Likewise, at this point all captains also get a copy of the limited edition hardcover instead of the softcover. Bosuns get an expanded reward at this point as well. NOW INCLUDED

All backer print copies will be autographed and numbered if the project hits $11,000. NOW INCLUDED

A 16-page standalone mini-adventure at the edge of the world designed by Wolfgang Baur added if the project reaches $12,500. Printed for Bosun-level backers and above, PDF for all backers.
www.bullonir.wikidot.com