Ghosts of Gauntcliff: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ghosts of Gauntcliff: OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Gauntcliff is a small island located in the southern Sea of Sorrows. Picturesque dunes stretch along the windward coast, and tall bone-white cliffs of limestone rise along the lee. A quirk of the currents and winds has blessed the little island with a fine, warm climate; even in the dead of winter the ground is rarely touched by frost.

For many years, the island was the uncontested domain of seabirds and crabs. For a time, Gauntcliff’s mild weather and salubrious hot springs attracted some interest from the people of nearby Ghastria, but the sandy, barren soil discouraged prospective colonists. The Ghastrians never settled the island, but an old stonework ruin on the leeward side of the island attests to previous inhabitants, unknown to history.

Denys Sancerre, a wealthy citizen of Pont-a-Museau, recently relocated to Gauntcliff. The former cloth merchant has built a luxury spa and resort on Gauntcliff, where paying customers may come and ‘take the cure.’ His factor in Port-a-Lucine has circulated among the rich and fashionable, singing the praises of the salutary, aesthetic, and romantic virtues of a holiday on Gauntcliff.

Now, as autumn chases summer south and away all across the mainland, the first guests are arriving at Gauntcliff. Denys Sancerre has invited some of his friends from Pont-a-Museau to attend the opening season…
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Ghosts of Gauntcliff

Post by ewancummins »

Minimum number of players:2

Maximum number of players: 8

Join by Date: Oct 27th ( This means you have to submit a background and character sheet to me by this date.)

Start Date: Oct 31st

Rules: D&D 3.5

Character creation guidelines:

Characters are assumed to be natives, but outlanders are possible with DM permission.

Good aligned characters are preferred, but neutral alignments are fine. No PC may begin play as an evil -aligned character.

PCs transferred from my previous campaign will begin play at whatever levels they had previously achieved.

Brand new PCs will begin play at level 4, unless otherwise noted.

Roll the scores on Invisible Castle, using the standard method, and send them to me.

Most options from the 'core' D&D materials are allowed, as is most Ravenloft specific 3E stuff. Supplementary and homebrewed material may be used on a case-by-case basis. Don't bother with the Book of Nine Swords or exalted/vile feats and PrCs. No psionics. The only thing from the Tome of Magic I'd likely allow is pact magic ( see the recent QtR).

Feel free to ask questions.
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Ghosts of Gauntcliff: Announcement/recruitment/PC genera

Post by RocEter »

Uh dude. Count Thom in! After his last adventure with the party he could use some time spent at the spa to relax and forget about his business for a few days...

Well you know the drill for Thom, Also has Dorgio written a second book yet? Did our last PC's gain a level? I think Thom is deserving of one..
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:Uh dude. Count Thom in! After his last adventure with the party he could use some time spent at the spa to relax and forget about his business for a few days...

Well you know the drill for Thom, Also has Dorgio written a second book yet?

Okay. I need his adjusted, updated sheet in my PM box ASAP. Everybody leveled up at the end of the last game (except Tarlyn's replacement PC, who was on a very short solo adventure.)

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

ewancummins wrote:
RocEter wrote:Uh dude. Count Thom in! After his last adventure with the party he could use some time spent at the spa to relax and forget about his business for a few days...

Well you know the drill for Thom, Also has Dorgio written a second book yet?

Okay. I need his adjusted, updated sheet in my PM box ASAP. Everybody leveled up at the end of the last game (except Tarlyn's replacement PC, who was on a very short solo adventure.)
Got it. I will have the updated sheet for you shortly.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Good.

Now we'll see who else joins.

We may get the same players, or a mix of old and new players. Either way is fine by me.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Okay updated sheet sent your PM.

That is cool. Either is fine by me as well but having some old faces would be nice.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I will update the roster of players and PCs , leading up to the cutoff date or the maximum number of players, whichever comes first.

The roster thus far:

RocEter, playing Thom
Tarlyn, playing Juergin
Brock, playing Dorgio Varga
Adam, playing Bennedict
Rock, playing Everline
PathofDreams, playing Petrie MacLugash
Ail, playing Brother Eustace
Ken, playing Primeiro d'Pirozzi
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Don't forget me playing Juergin :P
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Don't forget me playing Juergin :P
I see that I have his current, up to date sheet and background on file, and linked in a PM from you.
Okay,he's good to go.

I'll add you to the roster.

Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Hi Ewan, Brother Eustace would also like to join. I haven't updated yet. Do you need a reason for Eustace to be there?
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ail wrote:Hi Ewan, Brother Eustace would also like to join. I haven't updated yet. Do you need a reason for Eustace to be there?

Yes, there should be a reason for him to go. Run a suggestion by me when you think of something plausible.

I will need an updated sheet before the cutoff date. I'll add him when you send me one. If the game fills up before then, don't sweat it. You'll probably get a chance to play him again at some later date.
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Awesome, count me in. I think Dorgio's still at level 5 and I think that's completely fair given that work kept me out of action for a good chunk of the last campaign. I'll give my sheet a once-over and get back to you by the 27th.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Count me in, as well. :) I'll work on the character concept we've discussed and sent you stats, etc., probably on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

If you'll have me, Everline is in! Do you still have the link to her char sheet? Do I need to level her up? Her reason for being at the island can be the same as last time; gathering notes for a travelogue. ^^