Not horror, but since this partially had its genesis here...

Discussing all roleplaying games
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Not horror, but since this partially had its genesis her

Post by HuManBing »

Steve, are you familiar with the SJGames card game "Burn in Hell"? It features several hundred dead people from history, and you play as demon lords in Hell trying to build the finest collection of souls.

This struck me as being quite similar to the irreverent humor of ROLF.

I'm picking up my copy tomorrow night. I find out more, jac sie masz!

:thumbsup:

:manicgrin:
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

HuManBing wrote:AI wonder if they ended up in his last stand at Sirte. There would be something faintly honorable and tragic about that.
Dude, if you want something honorable and tragic in ROLF! you just take "strategic bleeding" as a maneuver. :wink:

Real world politics and morals little to do in a ROLF! game.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

HuManBing wrote:Steve, are you familiar with the SJGames card game "Burn in Hell"? It features several hundred dead people from history, and you play as demon lords in Hell trying to build the finest collection of souls.
Nope, but it does sound up my alley, so I'll be ordering a copy. Thanks for the recommendation!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Nah, keep working on ROLF!, better use of your time. :P

Do you have a writer's bloc or something? Still you can write ROLF!, just hit a few whiskey shots, and start writting whatever passes through your mind. Tomorrow, with your hangover headache, you can read them and put stats on them.

Things like "Oh, I really hate the neighbor's dog, and that TV persona's voice is so annoying and screeeeechy! Why can't they just stop her?" Could translate to TV Persona with trait annoying voice going after people with Dogs with a machete.
Need to spice it up? Have an alien that crushed in Earth that needs "TV persona and dog owner's parts to fuel machine" + a couple of the models from the supermodel slapfest.

See? :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

We were going to do one more Halloween release, but it's looking like we're going to drop the ball.

"ROLF!: White Zombie" will feature stats for the characters from the classic movie, Rob Zombie, Ron Paul, Conan O'Brien, Andy Richter, Ving Rhames, and Ken Foree... but L.L. Hundal has gotten caught up in Real Life, and she may not get the edited copy back to me.

Maybe I'll just post the character stats on the blog as a freebie, and we'll release the product in November. That would be a NUELOW Games thing to do... :)

(This is the second attempt at getting a "White Zombie" game product out for Halloween that looks like it might fail. Maybe there's a curse in action here?)

And Alhoon is right about ROLF! It's easy to write for. :D
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

You could also do something based on reality TV shows like the real hosewives of New Jersey or something.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

AWESOME... I loved Lady Gaga.
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

More ROLF! silliness: It's Nine Days of the Ninja!

(Scroll down for Bruce Lee and Sue Shiomi ala ROLF.)
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

And now... 'ROLF!: Playwrights and Piledrivers'

Post by Steve Miller »

In this corner: The Earl of Oxford and Sir Francis Bacon! In that corner: William Shakespeare and Macho Man Randy Savage!

It's a battle centuries in the making, as William Shakespeare tries once and for all be crowned the writer of the Complete Works of William Shakespeare!

Let's get ready tooooo play "ROLF!: Playwrights and Piledrivers."

Inspired by "Houseboat on the River Styx," "Anonymous," and crackpot literary criticism and conspiracy theories, this ROLF! supplement features six pre-generated characters, some new Combat Maneuvers, and fiction by Steve Miller (or maybe Sir Francis Bacon. We'll never know for sure. But Everything Is Better With Bacon.)