Not horror, but since this partially had its genesis here...

Discussing all roleplaying games
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Not horror, but since this partially had its genesis her

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

It's a time issue, not a money one... :) Too many fun things to read, too little time for reading. I'll get to it eventually.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

As Alhoon says, ROLF! is all about nonsense... well, except when it came to the "Herbert West vs. the Zombies" scenario. A zombie hoard created by the Re-Agent is always serious business.

:D
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:It's a time issue, not a money one... :) Too many fun things to read, too little time for reading. I'll get to it eventually.

ROLF! takes 15 mins to read from cover to cover. If you spend more time than that... then you are doing it wrong!

Just note that there are some rules missing, that are very, very important. Namely:

- When your opponent rolls and then his cellphone rings, his mom knocks the door etc, you fudge his dice rolls turning "6" to "1" etc while he's not looking.
- When you use "seduction" you should always kiss your hand making a loud, disturbing, wet "Mooooch" sound.
- If you successfully castrate an opponent, everyone in the room should point at the player of the unlucky char and laugh at him.
- If you have the "do lunch" power, you should eat fallen opponents while fighting.
- If you play with your significant other and her/his char castrates yours, while everyone is pointing at you and laughing, you should throw a fit, how your relation is going bad and vow to abstain from sexual intercourse for a week.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Manofevil wrote:With the death of Qaddaffi, you might have the appearance, 6 months later, of a freelance commando team called the Dead Dictators Brigade. They insist on wearing rubber masks of Qaddaffi, Saddam Hussein, Mubarrak, Bin Laden, and anyone else you can think of.
Minor nitpick: bin Laden was never a head of state.

Major nitpick: Mubarak is still alive.
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

HuManBing wrote: Minor nitpick: bin Laden was never a head of state.
Tell that to his followers who CONTINUE to refer to him as SHEIK Osama
Major nitpick: Mubarak is still alive.
But not well. Likely on his last legs. Give it a few months. An easily written fiction could have him already dead and his animated corpse testifying at his trial. And I left out Pinochet. No reason for that.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

alhoon wrote:
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:It's a time issue, not a money one... :) Too many fun things to read, too little time for reading. I'll get to it eventually.

ROLF! takes 15 mins to read from cover to cover. If you spend more time than that... then you are doing it wrong!

Just note that there are some rules missing, that are very, very important. Namely:

- When your opponent rolls and then his cellphone rings, his mom knocks the door etc, you fudge his dice rolls turning "6" to "1" etc while he's not looking.
- When you use "seduction" you should always kiss your hand making a loud, disturbing, wet "Mooooch" sound.
- If you successfully castrate an opponent, everyone in the room should point at the player of the unlucky char and laugh at him.
- If you have the "do lunch" power, you should eat fallen opponents while fighting.
- If you play with your significant other and her/his char castrates yours, while everyone is pointing at you and laughing, you should throw a fit, how your relation is going bad and vow to abstain from sexual intercourse for a week.
Stolen and reposted!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Glad to be of assistance. :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

And ANOTHER release that originated partially here (but mostly with the ghoulish sense of humor shared by myself and editor and ROLF! co-creator L.L. Hundal:

ROLF!: Gaddafi's Angels

With stats for Gaddafi, Sarah Palin, the lovely Gaddafi's Angels, and the sinister Agents of HUMMUS!

(And, BTW, I was amused by Humanbing's adventure idea... it may be appropriated for future use. Although formal submissions--which WON'T be stolen :)--are also welcomed.)
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Steve Miller wrote: (And, BTW, I was amused by Humanbing's adventure idea... it may be appropriated for future use. Although formal submissions--which WON'T be stolen :)--are also welcomed.)
I have only three demands:
1. Jam.
2. Jam.
3. World domination.

If 3. is not available then jam would be an acceptable substitute.

Speaking of Gaddafy's Angels, did you get to work in any reference to his Amazonian Brigade? These were a group of female bodyguards who wore lipstick, mascara, and AK47s while accompanying the Col. overseas or at summit meetings.

Definitely a case of facts stranger than fiction!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

And they were also virgins with a vow of chastity.
My DMGuild work!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

They could lend themselves quite well to a camp game. I've heard people comparing Gaddafy and his Amazons to some bizarre video game roster of minibosses.

Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

HuManBing wrote:Speaking of Gaddafy's Angels, did you get to work in any reference to his Amazonian Brigade? These were a group of female bodyguards who wore lipstick, mascara, and AK47s while accompanying the Col. overseas or at summit meetings.

Definitely a case of facts stranger than fiction!
Yep... "Gaddafi's Angels" is a spoof of those very women. :)
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

One must wonder what they wore UNDER those uniforms.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

After the fall of Tripoli, they found a few survivor guards from the Amazonian Brigade. Details of their service were not pretty: they reported physical and sexual abuse by Gaddafy and his family.

Oddly enough, two senior members of the Amazonian Brigade were said to have fled Tripoli with Gaddafy. I wonder if they ended up in his last stand at Sirte. There would be something faintly honorable and tragic about that.

Very faintly.
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

Manofevil wrote:One must wonder what they wore UNDER those uniforms.
We answer that question in "Gaddafi's Angels." :D

And HuManBing... I will venture a guess that life as one of Gaddafi's "Amazons" was probably somewhere between the sob stories that those left standing are telling (just like no one was ever really truly a believer in Nazism once Hitler's Third Reich was a smoking hole) and the propaganda I came across while researching "Gaddafi's Angels."

(Yes... I do actually research the topics when I do ROLF! products based on real people. The ten minutes I devote to web surfing are more than most Fox News MSNBC reporters devote to reporters devote to fact checking their writings.)

I do, however, feel sorry for women across Northern Africa. Looks like they're going to find out what Islamic Rule is like, given the direction things are headed in.