Not horror, but since this partially had its genesis here...

Discussing all roleplaying games
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Not horror, but since this partially had its genesis here...

Post by Steve Miller »

The latest ROLF! supplement, "The Breast Hope for Peace", had its start in this very forum!

The suggestion that we do something featuring lots of politicians had a lot to do with why you have stats for Barack Obama, Hugo Chavez, and Kim Jong Il in it.

(This is one of two we're planning with stats for global and national leaders. The second one is still in need of a hook. Christian Israeli-Arab bikini model Huda and her controversial Lilac Magazine cover came along at just the right time for this one!)

You can click here to check out "ROLF!: The Breast Hope for Peace" at RPGNow. While there, be sure to grab your free copy of "Something About Hats."

And speaking of free... there are ROLF! stats for Chuck Norris and Abe Lincoln here, at the NUELOW Games blog.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Not horror, but since this partially had its genesis her

Post by alhoon »

Not Sarah Palin? Everyone knows of her too. Also including politicians from both sides would make the product seem more... fair.

What I love is that No politician has brains over 5 :lol: :lol:
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

alhoon wrote:Not Sarah Palin? Everyone knows of her too. Also including politicians from both sides would make the product seem more... fair.

What I love is that No politician has brains over 5 :lol: :lol:
:)

He wasn't in the preview, but Nicolas Sarkozy ended up with Brains of 6. :)

There were six politicians that got written up but left out of this one because my co-writer already thought the product was getting unfocused and ungainly. These are Joe Biden, Herman Cain, Angela Merkel (who, according to Wikipedia is married to Sarkozy... gotta work that in somehow), Sarah Palin (she was suggested by a couple people, and apparently will be missed, but L.L. cut her anyhow), Ron Paul, and Abraham Lincoln (because he's Chuck Norris' nemesis).

It was all I could do to keep the Martians and Kim Jong Il in the product. (The Martians were even a late addition... after I'd already lost the politicos.)

Lincoln I posted to the NUELOW Games blog already. The others I might post as well if inspiration/opportunity doesn't strike in the next few days.

And if anyone out there wants a sure-fire ticket to obscurity, we accept submissions. Write a battle scenario with your favorite and/or least favorite public figures (or public domain fictional character) today and submit it to NUELOW Games. :mrgreen:
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

This reminds me of the Saaya Irie hoopla back in 2005.

Briefly condensed, to spare you the dubious task of Googling it (for reasons that will become clear later), Saaya Irie was a Japanese bikini model. In 2005, Chinese internet posters protested Japanese textbooks on the basis that they whitewashed Japanese actions during WWII. Anti-Japanese sentiment reached a high point on Chinese forums, and then some poster somewhere decided to post a load of photos of Saaya Irie in a bikini, calling for peace and threatening to stop her modeling unless people simmered down.

Comments immediately turned supportive, with such choice statements as "this are one Japanese import I will not be boycotting". (Especially apt, given the literal meaning of the Chinese term for "import".)

Clothing sizes are not universal between Japan and the West, but the relevant alphabets of measurement have ranged from "DD" to "F".

Remarkably, Saaya Irie herself was 11 years old when most of this transpired. This may temper Google efforts.
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

I would dispute the claim made in the subject line that this is not horror. True, it is hardly gothic horror, but it is definitely based on serious real world HORROR! :lol:
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

Looks like it was a good thing I didn't put Gadaffi in "The Breast Hope for Peace."
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

Steve Miller wrote:Looks like it was a good thing I didn't put Gadaffi in "The Breast Hope for Peace."
Although... I am deciding that I MUST do "ROLF!: Gaddafi's Angels."

I think I can fit Sarah Palin into that one some how. :)
Last edited by Steve Miller on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

The HORRORS!! So many HORRORS!! :lol:

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

Manofevil wrote:The HORRORS!! So many HORRORS!! :lol:
Step One....

And a special gift for my Fraternity friends....

Sarah Palin (ala ROLF!)
Brawn: 22, Body: 13, Brains: 5
Traits: Coldhearted
Combat Maneuvers: Basic Attack, Bitch Slap, Run Away!, Signature Move, Strike Pose.
Important Stuff Worn/Wielded: Parka (Armor; Absorbs 1 point of damage). Hunting Rifle (Medium Ranged Weapon; Deals 3 points of damage, ignores armor).

(That's probably how she'll appear in "Gaddafi's Angels.")
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

With the death of Qaddaffi, you might have the appearance, 6 months later, of a freelance commando team called the Dead Dictators Brigade. They insist on wearing rubber masks of Qaddaffi, Saddam Hussein, Mubarrak, Bin Laden, and anyone else you can think of. similar to the Dead Presidents in the movie Point Break. What no one knows is that beneath these masks are the animated corpses of the actual dictators. The mastermind behind them could be Manuel Noriega who commends the entire operation from his french prison cell. Not sure what his endgame should be.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Look, I think it's pretty clear she should have castrate and that her body should be higher than 13, she's after all quite pretty for her age.

Oh, and she should also have another trait:
Hockey mom: You may have high calliber guns and shoot vice presidents in hunting "accidents" but you actually believe you're the average hockey mom.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

alhoon wrote:Hockey mom: You may have high calliber guns and shoot vice presidents in hunting "accidents" but you actually believe you're the average hockey mom.
Not sure if it's part of the joke or if you've got your stories mixed up. Palin didn't shoot Cheney in a hunting accident. Cheney shot a friend of his in a hunting accident. I was about to say here that she has shot moose from a helicopter, but apparently that seems to be an urban legend. She does hunt Moose, but apparently not from a helicopter. And she does encourage wolf hunting from helicopters, but hasn't done it herself.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
alhoon wrote:Hockey mom: You may have high calliber guns and shoot vice presidents in hunting "accidents" but you actually believe you're the average hockey mom.
Not sure if it's part of the joke or if you've got your stories mixed up. Palin didn't shoot Cheney in a hunting accident. Cheney shot a friend of his in a hunting accident. I was about to say here that she has shot moose from a helicopter, but apparently that seems to be an urban legend. She does hunt Moose, but apparently not from a helicopter. And she does encourage wolf hunting from helicopters, but hasn't done it herself.
But it's a ROLF! product! Don't you think she would shoot the other VP canditates in ROLF! ? Ideology and alliances don't matter to the bloody world of ROLF! Even marriage would just give you a momentary pause before you shoot your other half in the back and a moment of regret before you step on him to Hack the others, your significant other already forgotten.

As for Urban legend from hunting from helicopters, again, it works, doesn't it?
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

alhoon wrote:But it's a ROLF! product! Don't you think she would shoot the other VP canditates in ROLF! ?
that why I said, I'm not sure if I'm missing the joke. :) I haven't actually read any of the ROLF! stuff yet. So if putting those stories into the blender works for the world of ROLF! so be it... :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

ROLF! costs less than 1$. You can check it quite cheaply. Well worth the "cost".
In my experience it makes a good movienight or gamenight closer.
I.e. you watch the movie, you order the Pizzas, movie ends, you discuss it and all and after a couple of beers you throw some dice to play a bit of ROLF! and you call it a night after some good laughs.
My DMGuild work!