A New Barovia: Chapter Two

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: A New Barovia: Chapter Two

Post by steveflam »

Tack is agitated for some reason. Almost as if some supernatural force is at work here.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Adam notices Tack's agitation.

"We better head to the forest now that there is still daylight so we return early. Then we can pass from Militia Headquarters."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

"Thomas... you know your mule better than I. That shaking, do you think there are wolves or worse nearby?"
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Khalfani looks around the area. "It may be the box itself that is making the animal nervous," he says. "But if not, we should be on way quickly -- before what is approaching arrives."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

"Wait," Valanth says. "Forest? Why are we going to the forest?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"To open the chest without put in danger anyone. Try to open it in the inn's room might be disastrous because it may explode. So we will try to open it from distance if possible and having cover."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Khalfani frowns. "Again, I fear we are being pulled in different directions. We were nearly killed during the exploration of a house that likely has nothing to do with the werebadger attacks. And if we do go into the forest and are attacked by our foe with animal senses... well, I do not like our chances. I would rather stay on the path that duty and Delsenora's wishes have created for us, rather than drift like grains of sand, reacting to the latest breeze."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Robert nods at Khalfani's words.

"Yes, think you're right. I don't feel that strong now after this happenstance here, so I wouldn't like to go to the forest today. We can just keep the box with us for a while, but we should disguise it as well as possible. If someone knows we've come here and sees us with a new thing we're carrying, then we'll just have painted ourselves a new target.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well, I understand that you are all concerned but whatever is in there might be the reason Deslnora was attacked...So if not today at least tomorrow we will try to open this chest. And I totally agree with Robert we should disguise the chest and get it to our room getting less attention possible. We might be followed or the inn might be watched. For sure we don't want anyone to attack us during the night in order to steal the chest and whatever is in there..."

Looking one more time the chest Adam continues:

"It's big but maybe we can find a box that can contain it. If someone sees us carry just a box will not suspect it I hope. Once we put the chest back to our room someone should stay with it while the rest go to Militia Headquarters to ask if was another murder yesterday night. Do you agree?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

VAN wrote:"Well, I understand that you are all concerned but whatever is in there might be the reason Deslnora was attacked...So if not today at least tomorrow we will try to open this chest. And I totally agree with Robert we should disguise the chest and get it to our room getting less attention possible. We might be followed or the inn might be watched. For sure we don't want anyone to attack us during the night in order to steal the chest and whatever is in there..."

Looking one more time the chest Adam continues:

"It's big but maybe we can find a box that can contain it. If someone sees us carry just a box will not suspect it I hope. Once we put the chest back to our room someone should stay with it while the rest go to Militia Headquarters to ask if was another murder yesterday night. Do you agree?"
It's fine for me, sure!
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

"If necessary," says Khalfani, "I can create a noisy distraction to draw the attention of any other guests we happen to see. When that occurs, those with the box can enter and go up the stairs without being noticed. Hopefully." He looks around. "Let us be on our way."

OOC: Tarlyn, if there are unfamiliar or unfriendly faces when we arrive at the inn, Khalfani will use ghost sound to create a distraction in the kitchen or whatever area is directly opposite the stairs to the second floor.
--W. Somerset Maugham
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

All of you make it through the streets and back alleys to the Inn safely. Cornelius is at the counter when you arrive, but says nothing to you. It is safe to return to your rooms.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Once at the room Adam hides the box with the chest under his bed.
'Hopefully here it will be safe. Now does any of you want to stay here guarding it while the rest go to Militia's HQ? If no I can do it."
- W H A T ! ? !
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

"I would suggest those yet weakest do the guarding, as it allows them to rest up - provided no one comes for the box," Valanth says.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

"It suits me either way, but I agree with Valanth actually. And perhaps I can find some fun around the inn too."