Another week, another NUELOW Games release...

Discussing all roleplaying games
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Another week, another NUELOW Games release...

Post by Steve Miller »

... that's also horror-themed, although not very Ravenlofty:

ROLF: Supermodel Slapfest.

It's just $1... check it out. :D

(Also, I'm donating all my earnings on sales of "From Dark Corners" this week to Project Gutenberg, so if you want a collection of some great horror fiction, now is the time for you to get a copy.)

Any questions or comments, you know where to find me. :Brain:

--Steve Miller
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Another week, another NUELOW Games release...

Post by alhoon »

Good one. :) Once I have a card I'll buy it. That's original ROFL! for me. The slapfest I mean.

Speaking of the card... my bank has merged with another bank. So I have to do part of the procedure again. :(
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

alhoon wrote:Good one. :) Once I have a card I'll buy it. That's original ROFL! for me. The slapfest I mean.

Speaking of the card... my bank has merged with another bank. So I have to do part of the procedure again. :(
Stupid banks. :(

BTW, the scenario is a bit more complicated than the standard ROLF! But I think it's lots of fun anyway. "Herbert West vs. the Zombies" and "Hammerin' Tongs" are more standard ROLF! :)

BTW, from what I read about Greece and the financial crisis today, it sounds like ROLF! should become the national RPG, what with our low price points and all. It's sounding like everyone but the politicos are going to be dirt poor. :(

--Steve Miller
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Let's face it. Everyone everywhere is angry about X politician or Y. It's not just us Greeks. So, there's one way that it could be solved: Could you make a ROLF! scenario vs politicians?

They should have maneuvers that make people give them their weapons, attack their brains and make them lose maneuvers etc.

Don't name the politicians for obvious reasons (and to appeal to a broader audience) but a bad guy named "corrupted politician" along with a couple of "cronies, wannabes & vegetables" would be ideal and quite good for disillusioned voters everywhere.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

alhoon wrote:Let's face it. Everyone everywhere is angry about X politician or Y. It's not just us Greeks. So, there's one way that it could be solved: Could you make a ROLF! scenario vs politicians?

They should have maneuvers that make people give them their weapons, attack their brains and make them lose maneuvers etc.

Don't name the politicians for obvious reasons (and to appeal to a broader audience) but a bad guy named "corrupted politician" along with a couple of "cronies, wannabes & vegetables" would be ideal and quite good for disillusioned voters everywhere.
I think you just gave me my replacement for "ROLF AT SEA!" (Yeah, the elusive product won't be out for Everyone Talk Like a Pirate Day... my co-designer decided she didn't like my ships rules, so we're going back to the drawing board. Maybe November, during my annual celebration of "Nine Days of the Ninja," since ROLF AT SEA! features both pirates AND ninja. :)

My Friday just became filled with ROLF! design work, I think. :)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

:(
No ROLF! at sea? But I wanted the random powers rules. And Ninjas are always on theme.
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

alhoon wrote::(
No ROLF! at sea? But I wanted the random powers rules. And Ninjas are always on theme.
ROLF AT SEA! will make an appearance eventually. We only announced it 1995, so you can understand why it's not ready yet. :D

A version of the random powers rule was included in the re-released version of ROLF!: The Rollplaying Game of Big Dumb Fighters, but there will be one that incorporates more of the selections in the game in ROLF AT SEA! (when that one finds its way to port....)

And it is a true statement that ninjas go with everything. And, of course, the correlary that everything's better with ninjas.

(BTW, I sent you a PM with other ROLF! related matters enclosed.)

--Steve Miller
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

A note:
Basic attack shouldn't be in the random table. It's for everyone. ;)
Last edited by alhoon on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

alhoon wrote:A note:
Basic attack shouldn't be in the random table. It's for everyone.
True. We did that with the same sort of logic operating that dictated how we approached the ranged combat rules in the basic game. :)

(The expanded random table in ROLF AT SEA! doesn't have that "bug" on it.)
Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff
Once and Future Ravenloft Contributor
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

The unexpected happened.

It went like this:

We picked Yeti vs all. The Yeti turned... on the moonpriest. We told the Yeti player that Oerzi died. We Explained, Reasoned, Pleaded, Threatened. Nothing. His argument was the flimsy "He has Bad Touch" as if strategy matters in ROFL! Preposterous.

The Yeti killed Poerzi and it soon was apparent that he couldn't survive to kill Oerzi. So to make good of a bad situation... the Chef suddenly said "I use disembowel on Oerzi" and then when the round was up used "Do Lunch" to eat the fallen priest and attack Oerzi. I, the Oerzi player had no other thing to do other than bleed on that traitor chef. THen the Yeti... successfully seduced the Chef and they went away leaving Oerzi dead and poor Poerzi eaten.
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

LOL!

May I repost a slightly edited version of this on the NUELOW Games blog? :D

--Steve Miller
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Yeap. :)
My DMGuild work!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=95023

Is that a scenario or a pre - ROLF! at Sea product?
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

alhoon wrote:http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=95023

Is that a scenario or a pre - ROLF! at Sea product?
Sort of... some of what was intended/will eventually end up in "ROLF! at Sea" was used to make the pirate product.

I'm considering putting a full collection of ROLF! rules and such in the back of "Fists of Foolishness", an anthology of Robert E. Howard boxing/humor stories I'm finishing up while I wait for my collaborator to come back with some ship rules that she thinks are worthy of the game. Basically, if something like that does end up in "Fists of Foolishness", it will be ROLF AT SEA! minus the "at sea" part but with the full character generation rules. But ROLF AT SEA! is still something that I hope to get out there. It's been long enough, dammit! :)

--Steve Miller